PDA

View Full Version : Orcs and Goblins - 2k

Voltaire
05-05-2007, 17:41
The idea of this list is to hit hard and leave a lasting impression while getting off as much magic as possible. A bit of shooting support is there for some fun. This list is intended to be Orc heavy too.

Black Orc Warboss,
Biggeds Kickin Boots, Warboss’s Best Boss At
Heavy Armour, Shield
[214]

Orc Shaman
Level 2, Dispel Scroll, Nibblas Itty Ring
[145]

Night Goblin Shaman
Level 2, Staff of Sneaky Stealin
[135]

30 Orc Boyz
Shield, Full Command
[210]

25 Orc Boys
2 Choppas
Full Command
Noggs Banner of Butchery
[230]

30 Night Goblins
Spears, Fanatic
Musician, Standard Bearer
[122]

29 Night Goblins
Spears, Fanatic
Musician, Standard Bearer
[118]

10 Spider Riders
Short Bows, Full Command
[170]

10 Spider Riders
Short Bows, Full Command
[170]

20 Black Orcs
Full Command
Shields
[218]

Boar Chariot
[80]

Boar Chariot
[80]

PD: 6
DD: 4
Models: 151

Gimp
05-05-2007, 20:46
A decent list with only a few problems.

1. The Warboss, unless you are gonna give him a magic weapon you may aswell upgrade him to Black Orc Status (but put him in the 30 man orc unit)

2. The first goblin unit, drop the spears the reason goblins kill nothing put all your effort to using your shields and handweapons.

3. The second goblin unit, unless theese are night goblins you cant give them nets so you might need some correction here. Note if you using Night Goblins without using the nets or fannatics drop them for noraml goblins.

4. The Night goblin unit with the bows. Drop the bows and take up shields. Bows and goblins dont mix. 2 reasons. the first animosity means that 1/3 of the time you will either not be able to shoot or have some modifiers. The second having 20 dudes with bows is usless when you can only fire between 5 and 10 a turn.

5. The 2 spiderrider units. Keep 1 of the 2 and then change the second to wolf riders with spears (no shields). One reason wolf riders are way faster but it is nice to have one slower unit to go through woods and stuff. However I cant make up my mind whether or not you should split theese units up. Its you choice.

Other than that a decent list.

Voltaire
05-05-2007, 21:06
All of your suggestions are superfluous as I am using the BFSP and a battalion to make this force. I should have mentioned that earlier. I agree about the Blorc Lord though...

ashc
05-05-2007, 21:10
Ok, i'll bite :D

I agree with gimp; making him a Blorc warboss would be fine; benefit from the 'armed to da teef' rule and he's hard: - rockin' if you ask me.

Your Orc units and chariots look fine to me, as do your two mages.

I'm not so keen on your goblins setup. Goblins are not there to kill things, but to have large numbers and stay alive so you win combats. Hand weapons and shields all the way for me personally.

I'm not overly keen on the night gobbo archer unit at all - i would consider just dropping them, making the warboss a blorc and adding a couple of fanatics or more netters to your gobbo units.

on the subject of spider riders / wolf riders - i can imagine you are probably choosing 2 x spiders because you have or want BFSP and a battalion right? - i say just go for it, and if you find your speed is lacking in the long run, then invest in wolf riders.

Ash

Voltaire
05-05-2007, 21:15
Totally and utterly agreed on all accounts Ash.

Main list editted!

ashc
05-05-2007, 21:20
Don't be afraid to change where those fanatics are throughout your gaming by the way; keep your regular opponents guessing, it can really freak some people out when they charge a gobbo unit to find it has 2 fanatics in it whilst they avoided another one like the plague and there were no fanatics in it at all!

Ash

Ninja edit: Your Blorc unit do not have shields. I would personally pay the points for the shields (it should have been included in 'Armed To Da Teef!' if you ask me!) as there is a massive difference between having 4 or 5+ saves vs. most standard shooting.

Gimp
05-05-2007, 22:17
All of your suggestions are superfluous as I am using the BFSP and a battalion to make this force. I should have mentioned that earlier. I agree about the Blorc Lord though...

Lol

I think that changes things a little i guess. :rolleyes:

As for the "Not putting fanatics in Night Goblin Units to freak out enemy" I am not much of a fan simply becuse normal goblins have a lower mortality rate and are thus more usefull.

ashc
05-05-2007, 22:20
As for the "Not putting fanatics in Night Goblin Units to freak out enemy" I am not much of a fan simply becuse normal goblins have a lower mortality rate and are thus more usefull.

Thats fair enough; again, I think this list is being put together through BFSP and a battalion, so again i can see the theory running with the night gobbos!

Ash

stashman
06-05-2007, 01:26
drop the Idol of Mork becuse you need atleast 20 orcs fighting to get PD. You only have 3 units of orcs and two of them are 20 so it won't give you what it cost.

Voltaire
06-05-2007, 09:02
Good point. I'm going to switch it for a Dispel Scroll and a Power Stone.

I swapped the Savage Orcs for a bigger unit of normal orc boys with Noggs Banner of Butchery. This unit will be easier to control and have a better longevity than Savage Orcs because of their armour methinks.

jahorin
06-05-2007, 13:08
If you want to take advantage of the magic pahse, I would consider switching the power stone for nitty ring (don't have my book near me) and get a bound spell off before casting your actual spells. I would consider a doom diver instead of a second chariot or some bolt thrower.

Voltaire
06-05-2007, 13:10
I was in two minds about the Itty Ring. Your suggestion has been noted and the list has been changed.