PDA

View Full Version : Dan Abnett Books

milmot
08-04-2005, 09:56
I've noticed in the forthcoming section of Black Library for july, Double Eagle is going to be released. Do they mean a new Double Eagle book, or the original, but just in soft cover? Because the cover is the same as the original Double Eagle.

link is here: http://www.blacklibrary.com/forthcoming.asp?month=97

Also, when is the next Gaunt's Ghost being released? I remember reading about it at Black Library, but it seems to have disappeared...

And to squeeze 1 more question in, does anyone have any information about the upcoming new Imp Guard novell: 15 hours?

Rich
08-04-2005, 11:25
It will be the soft cover version .

I'm not sure when "His Last Command" would be released, but it may be shortly after GS Gotos follow up to 'Dawn of War'.

I have no info on 15 hours. Do you remember who the author was? That might give us some clues!

milmot
08-04-2005, 12:07
Author of 15 hours is Mitchel Scanlon. He wrote Hellbrandt Grimm, which is a Fantasy comic i think.

Rich
08-04-2005, 14:03
Hellbrandt Grimm was quite good, and was also reasonably popular (ran for a long time) - however, that doesn't necessarily mean that hye can turn out a good novel. I think this one could go either way!

Brimstone
08-04-2005, 18:46
I'm not sure when "His Last Command" would be released,

October IIRC.

Inquisitor Engel
08-04-2005, 18:56
but it may be shortly after GS Gotos follow up to 'Dawn of War'.
Ugh. How did THAT book get a follow up when Farseer, the supposed first part of an Eldar trillogy, is languishing in nothingness?! :(

Brimstone
08-04-2005, 19:08
Ugh. How did THAT book get a follow up when Farseer, the supposed first part of an Eldar trillogy, is languishing in nothingness?! :(

Bill King said he was a bit burnt out on GW novels so he was giving them a rest for a while.

IMO I'd rather see another Ragnar book though, Farseer was never one of my favourites but it doesn't plumb the depths like DoW or Iron Hands.

Rich
08-04-2005, 19:47
I second that, although I find Ragnar novels to be incredibly obvious in terms of plot, whilst enjoyable.

As far as sequels go, my firm favorate would definately be a follow up to Shadow Point (the rumoured Suicide Run).

neXus6
08-04-2005, 19:53
I just finished reading Farseer I thought it was great.

Now where the bloody hell is the paperback vertion of Traitor General, I've borrowed the book and read it but I still want a copy so I have the whole series.

I did but Ravenor in hardback simply because the two books I'd read before that were Double Eagle and Traitor General and the hardback are nice to read.

Rich
10-04-2005, 18:16
And to squeeze 1 more question in, does anyone have any information about the upcoming new Imp Guard novell: 15 hours?

I have found a synopsis for the novel 15 hours on www.amazon.co.uk :

"Synopsis
Basic Training: Four Months. Planetary Transportation: Seven Weeks. Life Expectancy... Fifteen Hours. the stalwart troops of the Imperial Guard are the first line of defence against the nemerous foes of the Imperium. Their heroisn and courage is renowned across the galaxy and their armoured might has crushed countless rebellions and invasions. This action packed novel tells the story of a lone guardsman and his baptism of fire in a combat zone where the average expected lifespan is a mere fifteen hours. Fighting hand-to-hand against the barbarous orks, he must draw upon all of his training if he is to live to see another dawn. The horrors of war are only too real in this harrowing tale of carnage and valour!"

Sounds interesting. We shall have to see about this one!