PDA

View Full Version : 2250pt Empire.

tanka
06-05-2007, 11:50
Ok I think I should start by saying that around my area we run competitive lists, nothing way over the top, but competitive all the same.

Anyways the list, it is about as balanced as I could make it, while keeping it quite competitive, I think the balance is about right.

Characters=679pts
Arch-Lector, War Alter, Shield, H.A, Sword of Might, Van.H.S=279pts
Wizard, Level 2, 2 Dispel Scrolls=150pts
Wizard, Level 2, Doomfire Ring=130pts
BSB, Armour.O.M.I, Ring of Volans=120pts
Core=1147pts
10 Handgunners=80pts
10 Handgunners=80pts
10 Handgunners=80pts
25 Spearmen, Shields, Full Command=170pts
25 Swordsmen, Full Command=175pts
25 Swordsmen, Full Command=175pts
7 Swordsmen Detachment=42pts
5 Knights=115pts
5 Knights=115pts
5 Knights=115pts
Speacial=420pts
Cannon=100pts
Cannon=100pts
19 Greatswords, Full Command=220pts
Total=2246pts

There it is, ok the plan. The BSB is joining the greatswords to make them into 5x4. The wizards are going to be hiding in the handgunners, casting long range magic at everyone they can. The battleline will be something like. Greatswords, Swordsmen, Spearmen, AL, Swordsmen, Detachment. So the AL is covering a flank of the battleline, while still spreading his LD9 about to everyone. The knights are going to be a use-as-required element. Supporting the line as required, attacking targets of oppurtunity, looking for flanks. Fleeing if need be. Also at 115pts if I lose a unit it's not game breaking.

The army has a lot of shooting, the cannons will be there for shots of oppurtunity, knight flanks, large targets, character sniping, war machine killing. Handgunners instead of crossbows for a few reasons. A)The army is last edition, not new models. B)They were in the starter set. C)If I play an army with a lot of low saves (HoC, Brets, Dwarfs) then I think they will be more useful. Also they are a lot better against chariots, as -2 is a big problem for them. Although they shouldn't really be shooting them with the cannons.

Any constructive criticsm is appreciated,
Adam

blurred
06-05-2007, 12:35
Great list. Four hefty blocks of troops backed with a good amount of shooting and magical firepower. Those small units of knights could probably use musicians, but not necessarily. Good job. :)

tanka
06-05-2007, 15:48
I can't give them musicians, there already made and painted as part of my DOW doubles force, I would of liked to though. I like the list, and think it will be the final one.

Adam

Although any critiscm is still welcome.