PDA

View Full Version : The Strigoi. 2000pts

Getifa Ubazza
06-05-2007, 11:55
This is a themed list, for the Strigoi line. As far as i can tell, few VC players play Strigoi, one of the main reasons for picking them.

Vampire count: bat form and iron sinews 270pts

Vampire thrall: bat form 125pts

Vampire thrall: bat form 125pts

15 Ghouls: 1 upgraded to Ghast 130pts

Bat swarm: 5 bases 300pts

5 Fell bats 100pts

5 Fell bats 100pts

5 Fell bats 100pts

5 Fell bats 100pts

This all comes to 2000pts. I would really like advice on getting the best from this list?

Winning games would be great, but the theme is more important.

Any help would be great.

Rabban
06-05-2007, 12:20
It looks nice and fast but it lacks a bit of punch. Characters can't join flying units, so you will have to run the vampires solo. Also, there is probably no point having a single level 2 wizard in 2000pts, I'd make him a level 1 to save points or add a necromancer. I'd make the bat units smaller, 10 is just unwieldy, and use the extra points to buy ranked units. With an army of all skirmisher you can't negate enemy rank bonuses in combat.

Instead, try leave the vampires in ranked units to protect them, and then charge out when the enemy is vulnerable and not/or not expecting it.

Getifa Ubazza
06-05-2007, 12:40
The problem is that, ranked units dont really fit the theme. I have altered the list to take most of your advice into account.

Whatcha think?

Rabban
06-05-2007, 12:51
Under 7th edition bat swarms are drastically overpriced, so I wouldn't bother with them. Armoured units will cause you a lot of problem as the vampires are the only things with a decent chance, and against a unit with command, it only takes one less that great combat phase to have them collapse to dust.

Theme wise it is a great army, and would be fun to play, with all the fast units but I think it would struggle to win as it still lacks the ability to deal with ranked units (short of hitting them with ghouls on 2 or more sides, which can be difficult to achieve), and knights. Although I'm not sure how to add that hitting power and hold to your theme, depending on the opponent you could try a banshee if you think it can fit the theme.

EvC
06-05-2007, 12:59
Lose the Bat Swarms: might as well make your Count a Lord if you don't wanna add anyone else :)

untimention
06-05-2007, 13:06
imagine that against dwarfs or empire. You'd be shot to pieces and then killed with strong close-combat. I agree it needs a punch