PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from Michigan? (Looking for potential enemies!)

Vile Snotsuckle
06-05-2007, 16:08
I think I can post this in here, but I'm a n00b, so please let me know if this is innappropriate! Wondering if there is anyone in here from Michigan? I'm looking for potential enemies!

Bingo the Fun Monkey
07-05-2007, 03:04
yes.

Where abouts are you?

Vile Snotsuckle
07-05-2007, 03:41
yes.

Where abouts are you?

Gah, I'm in Bay City. Ann Arbor, aint that like 2 hours away? What army you play?

Vattendroppe
07-05-2007, 06:15
Seems to be no one other than americans that ask for players :p

Vile Snotsuckle
07-05-2007, 22:35
Thats because we're so spread out here.

Bingo the Fun Monkey
08-05-2007, 02:39
Michigan is swamps, lakes, and farms. Then there's that big cancer called Detroit and the beacon of civilization and light: Ann Arbor.

Vile Snotsuckle
08-05-2007, 03:41
Right, with all these swamps, you would think a potential enemy would be lurking somewhere...

Coragus
09-05-2007, 02:59
Michigan is swamps, lakes, and farms. Then there's that big cancer called Detroit and the beacon of civilization and light: Ann Arbor.

This is too harsh. You forgot the woods and the bridge that seperates the North and South. And the little cancer that is Flint. And we're paving over the farms!

I live in Howell, and my local store has an absolutely pathetic show for Fantasy. It's definately a 40K stronghold. However, there is a new store in Flint (Gamer's Sanctuary), and the new GW store in Ypsilanti has opened and is gearing up for Nemesis. I don't know about the Flint store, but the Ypsi GW store is pretty Fantasy heavy.

Bingo the Fun Monkey
09-05-2007, 21:43
Yes, it was a bit harsh. I'm just bitter after leaving for school, coming back, and finding the acres of woods that I spent my childhood in turned into a subdivision (which stole the name of the woods they butchered).

The UP is less significant than even Ohio, let alone the bridge that we all have on our driver's licenses.

Out of curiosity, are Imp Guard the primary 40k army represented at your local store, Coragus? I picture youngsters from Howell playing Cadians and Catachans (even if Tanith would be more appropriate)... It certainly was in Underworld (when it still existed) and Riders (almost 2:1 ratio of IG to SM).

Fantasy is pretty strong here in A2 though...might wanna check out Phoenix Games.