View Full Version : tzeentch army

lee
06-05-2007, 17:35
hi all am starting a tzeentch army for fantasy

my lord on dragon wip

will have some more pics latter

TheWarSmith
06-05-2007, 17:39
What are you aiming for in terms of that big patch of GS?

What do you want it to look like? Writhing skin, fur, oozing wounds, etc. Right now it looks like he's pelted with bullets.

Had fun building ol' galrauch, eh?

lee
06-05-2007, 17:52
some more pics

tzeentch chariot and the start of my chosen knights

the green stuff on the dragon is supose to be chainmail. its my first time useing green stuff. not got the hang of it yet :(

callum in hat
06-05-2007, 18:16
very nice mr lee, i especially like the chosen, and i suppose the dragon is ok too ;)
hope the rest turns out just as nice
Callum

Azroth
07-05-2007, 13:58
If you want to make chainmail, try putting the holes a lot closer to each other. That's the simplest way of making it look a lot better than it currently does. Also, try not to make it too thick. Maybe google chainmail for some reference pics might be a good idea.

Cheers.

McMullet
07-05-2007, 14:33
I like the centaur knights, that's a rather groovy idea.

As well as making the holes closer together, another thing to change for the chainmail is to make it look heavier. As it is, it looks like it's just sat there - it almost looks fluffy, like a woolly jumper (not too much ;)), where it should be hanging straight down. If you can sculpt it so that it looks like it's hanging down under its own weight I reckon it'll look a lot better (that's easier said than done though, I'm sure).

Looking forward to the rest of the army!

lee
07-05-2007, 18:35
thanks for the feedback so far i think i will do the chainmail again. what about the chariot no one like it:cries:

mrtn
08-05-2007, 17:25
I like the chariot, but I'd like it more with a spiffing paint job. ;)

nkicik
08-05-2007, 18:16
The chainmail looks loads better on the right centuar knight than on the dragon, might just be an idea to aim for that sort of thing again.

lee
08-05-2007, 20:51
I like the chariot, but I'd like it more with a spiffing paint job. ;)

:( me two my painting skills are not up to much
hopefully will have the knights all done for the weekend and then on to painting them:(

crazywhiteboydance
11-05-2007, 13:04
Hello DAVE!

Love all the conversions!!!!! This army is gonna look great!
With regards to the chainmail if you want a nice finish use pin to make small holes really close together this gives a really nice finish. Oh and alternate the holes:

ooooooooo
ooooooo
ooooooooo

Hope you can sorta see where I'm going with that!

crazywhiteboydance
11-05-2007, 13:05
Bum!

That central line above was supposed to be shifted over some.

mrtn
11-05-2007, 16:32
Hello DAVE!

Love all the conversions!!!!! This army is gonna look great!
With regards to the chainmail if you want a nice finish use pin to make small holes really close together this gives a really nice finish. Oh and alternate the holes:

ooooooooo
ooooooo
ooooooooo

Hope you can sorta see where I'm going with that!
Try this:
ooooooooo
.oooooooo
ooooooooo

:chrome:

crazywhiteboydance
11-05-2007, 17:03
That's exactly what I was going for!

callum in hat
11-05-2007, 18:59
its comming on really well lee, if you can paint this to the level of your tau then this will be your nicest army yet!
Yay go lee
Callum

chunk
11-05-2007, 20:07
I was hoping there was going to be an army to go with that dragon! Nice one mate, hope you bet it done soon!

lee
12-05-2007, 19:21
ok update time
first we have the chosen unit champion :D
next a group shot of the chosen
and finaly my other unit of knights. just got to do the blue on the armour and the shields

anyway thanks for all the feedback so far

LemonPotato
12-05-2007, 20:34
The army is looking very good Lee, there are alot of good conversions which will make the army look totally unique when finished, which is great!

For the knights I would suggest a very thin wash of regal blue, water it down about 1 part blue to 7-8 parts water and just apply it over the silver. This is what I did for my grey knights to give the armour a hint of blue and it worked well. (I would suggest trying this out on a small area first in case you do not like it.)

I look forward to another update Lee, hopefully I will see this army down the workshop in person soon.

Keep up this good work,

LemonPotato

callum in hat
13-05-2007, 14:15
looking cool lee *raises thumb in the universal symbol of acceptance*
Callum