PDA

View Full Version : do you start with skills?

Strikerkc
06-05-2007, 19:52
So, I've made a warband, and I've filled in the starting experience for my leader (20 squares) and that fills up 8 of those little "level up" boxes. Do I actually get to roll for skill increased and skills for those, or do those get ignored, and he levels up for the first time at 24 xp?

I'm just having trouble finding a reference to it in the rule book.

Thanks in advance.

Deng Ham
06-05-2007, 21:34
nope you don't the starting XP are for stat incresment. Since a hero is so mutch better than a normal trooper. He also have more XP. So when you do team rating he is worth aprox the same as a trooper + the XP

marv335
07-05-2007, 00:07
you're not meant to.
that said, if you're starting a league/campain and everyone is starting at the same time, there is nothing stopping you from doing so. just so long as everyone does it.
I've done this and it can be fun.

Strikerkc
07-05-2007, 01:39
nope you don't the starting XP are for stat incresment. Since a hero is so mutch better than a normal trooper. He also have more XP. So when you do team rating he is worth aprox the same as a trooper + the XP

Alright, that makes sense.

you're not meant to.
that said, if you're starting a league/campain and everyone is starting at the same time, there is nothing stopping you from doing so. just so long as everyone does it.
I've done this and it can be fun.

Sounds fun. think I'll just sugest that every one gets enough extra xp to go from their starting level to their first level up (so that commanders don't have 8-9 advances ;))

TKitch
07-05-2007, 05:17
No, i've done it with everyone getting advances.

It's hilarious! Everyone has uber heroes to begin, and it's a BALL!

marv335
07-05-2007, 12:24
Have you ever seen the amount of damage a skilled skaven assassin adept can do?
It's sick.

Rhamag
01-06-2007, 03:16
Another reason is that the warband leader gets that bonus point for winning, so if you get on an early winning streak you'll become hard as nails too quickly for your opponents. Starting with 20 means the "upgrade" boxes are further apart than those of the lesser heroes, so early advances are slower for leaders.