PDA

View Full Version : First time with Warhammer! 2k Dwarves

charlie_c67
07-05-2007, 21:14
Lords
Dwarf Lord - Shield, Oath stone, Master Rune of Swiftness, Rune of Cleaving, Rune of Striking, Master Rune of Gromril

Hero
Thane - Shield, Army Battle Standard, Rune of Slowness,

Runesmith - Shield, Rune of Spellbreaking,

Josef Bugman

Core

19 Warriors - Shield, Musician, Standard Bearer, Veteran,

19 Longbeard Rangers - Great Weapons, Musician, Standard Bearer, Veteran

Quarellers - Musician, Standard Bearer, Veteran,

Thunderers - Musician, Standard Bearer, Veteran,

Special

2 Bolt Throwers - Engineer, Handgun, Rune of reloading, Rune of Burning,

Cannon - Engineer, Handgun, Rune of Forging

15 Miners - Musician, Standard Bearer, Prospector,

14 Iron Breakers - Musician, Standard Bearer, Ironbeard, Rune of Stoicism

What do people think?

reese3697
08-05-2007, 04:51
i likie... the only thing i would change is droping some miners and adding some iron breakers... miners work best if your oppenent doesnt know you have them until it is to late... you want them to look at your army on the field and think you have used all your points... then sudently in the 3rd turn or so... your miners appear behind his ranks and cause havvoc on his plans...

charlie_c67
08-05-2007, 12:20
What if I dropped 5 Miners and added 4 Iron Breakers. Then had the Lord and Thane within their ranks. That was where they originally were gonna go anyway. but a unit of 20(ish) Iron breakers has gotta be scary, right?

forthegloryofkazadekrund
08-05-2007, 16:31
change the master rune of gromril for rune of stone and a rune of preservation, better value, your save will be good enough

maybe get rid of some of the artillery runes as well, and make them both have st7 with one burning to take out big stuff and chariots easier

charlie_c67
08-05-2007, 21:47
Get rid of the runes? Which ones? I've only got one on each Bolt Thrower, one with burning and one with reloading.

forthegloryofkazadekrund
09-05-2007, 08:25
i would say the rune of forging on the cannon and the reloading one on the bt

also for miners to be truely effective you have to have a steam drill and an anvil imho otherwise from experience they either take a couple of artillery pieces out and do nothing else as the enemy is so far ahead of them that they will not make a difference and get shot to pieces the turn they show up and run away or they will take a table quarter and thats it, it all depends on who you are fighting, if its a cc army they will do nothing unless you bring them on your side of the battlefield, if its a shooty army then they might have a chance at doing stuff

love iron breakers, they are a staple in my army, double hard and backed up by a unit of 20 clansmen on either side

how many quarrellers and thunderers are there??

charlie_c67
09-05-2007, 11:15
10 of each. The idea is to have the lord, thane and Iron breakers in the centre and the other units spreading out from there. Show's how much of a noob I am but isn't one artillery unit that can fire every turn a good idea?

Crazy Fool
09-05-2007, 18:56
u need another unit of warriors, perhaps some rangers? perhaps get some iron breakers too, their save can really help. by the way, Bugman counts as thane if I know my White Dwarf rightly

charlie_c67
09-05-2007, 22:44
I've got a unit of iron breakers why do I need another :confused: Also, what would I drop to get more warriors?

Eversor
10-05-2007, 00:02
A quick comment: The Battle Standard Bearer can't have a shield.

Khornies & milk
10-05-2007, 04:53
I would drop the FC on the Quarrellers and Thunderers, as they're not big enough to really benefit from it.

Depending on how much magic you face, maybe take multiple Ro Spellbreaking.

Fear and Terror are big factors I believe, so Ro Courage is good to take on
your IB's and LB's.

I am going to take Miners in my army just so I can have varied tactical
options available to me, for say Spoiler roles, March Blocking, or hunting Warmachines. If you make them 20 strong then they will be able to deal it out in c/c as well.

Same applies sort of to your Rangers.

For my BT's I give them Ro Accuracy on 1, and Ro Seeking the other to deal with Flyers.

You haven't gone Rune heavy at all imo, so that's good. More points for other things.

cheers