PDA

View Full Version : looking to get back into warhammer

jimyg
07-05-2007, 21:38
hi everyone

recently ive had the urge to start up a warhammer fantasy army but ive been out of the game for many years ( ive remained somwhat active in 40K ).

my only fantasy army from back in the day was undead.

i still like that army the best and i see now it has morphed into the vampire counts list.

my questions are
how is the vampire counts list? is it due for a remake any time soon?
what is the average game size? how many points?
what are some good units?

any other advice would be apreciated

thanks

druchii
07-05-2007, 22:07
hi everyone

recently ive had the urge to start up a warhammer fantasy army but ive been out of the game for many years ( ive remained somwhat active in 40K ).

my only fantasy army from back in the day was undead.

i still like that army the best and i see now it has morphed into the vampire counts list.

my questions are
how is the vampire counts list? is it due for a remake any time soon?
what is the average game size? how many points?
what are some good units?

any other advice would be apreciated

thanks

Well,
welcome back :D
The VCs are regarded by many to still be a pretty tough army(to play against, and play). I thought it was supposed to get a remake fairly soon(within the next two or three books?). The "average" game size tends to fluctuate between 2000 pts and 2250 pts. I've seen the majority of "big" tournaments run at this level.

As always, one of the best units in the army is just the plain skeletons. Nothing to shout home about in the stats department, but hey, they're undead, resurrectable, and stylish.

I've also been quite enamorated with the Black Coach. Alot of people decry the utility of the Vamp. Carriage, but I love it :D

d

jimyg
13-05-2007, 02:33
hey thanks for the input

i dug up what older modells i have and the ones i think are worth keeping look like this

vampire lord on barded undead warhorse. ( its an older modell but still looks very good )

one necromancer

a box of 20 skeletons i never assembled

2 wight lord looking guys on foot

one mounted skeleton cavalry

a metall skeleton musicion and standard bearer.

any suggestions on what i can add to this to to make a starter 1000 point army? ( Besides the army book, im going to get that soon )