PDA

View Full Version : spawning of huanchi

eleveninches
08-05-2007, 09:39
does giving a saurus unit the spawning of huanchi mean that it can charge through the woods, or just move through them

theunwantedbeing
08-05-2007, 09:50
Charging is moving,although you'de need to be able to see the target your wishing to charge.
It doesnt allow you to see through woods,only move through them without penalty.

kroq'gar
08-05-2007, 09:50
Movement does not give line of sight.

if they can see the enemy, then they can charge, just like an aquatic unit can over a river.

eleveninches
08-05-2007, 09:57
What if you have a charachter with cloak of feathers and spawning of huanchi. At the start of his movement turn, he can see the enemy unit, but flies 12 inches to join the saurus unit (with spawning of huanchi). Can they then charge even though they themselves could not see the unit, as their charachter could see it

theunwantedbeing
08-05-2007, 10:01
His movement would come after the charge phase,so you cant charge that turn.
Plus the character needs the spawning of haunchi to be able to join the unit.

T10
08-05-2007, 10:11
What if you have a charachter with cloak of feathers and spawning of huanchi. At the start of his movement turn, he can see the enemy unit, but flies 12 inches to join the saurus unit (with spawning of huanchi). Can they then charge even though they themselves could not see the unit, as their charachter could see it

The character can only join the unit in the Remaining Moves step of the Movement phase. This will be too late for the unit to charge since Declare Charges comes before Remaining Moves.

-T10

Jonke
08-05-2007, 14:25
And a unit can't combine flying and walking in the same movement phase. (Potentially opens a can off worms on the subject of flying characters in walking units wich is not my intention).

Peace!

lparigi34
08-05-2007, 14:34
And a unit can't combine flying and walking in the same movement phase. (Potentially opens a can off worms on the subject of flying characters in walking units wich is not my intention).

Peace!

Why? Isn't this normal "tactics", like flying Strigoi vampires from concealing zombie units?

I've never seen an issue on this, but thats me...

Festus
08-05-2007, 16:16
Hi

A unit cannot combine flying and walking. Period. So it cannot be any tactic whatsoever...

BRB, p.68, right column.

Festus

Sanjuro
08-05-2007, 16:59
Hi

A unit cannot combine flying and walking. Period. So it cannot be any tactic whatsoever...

BRB, p.68, right column.

Festus

What about the Slann? Doesn't he count as a 'Floater'? Or is his movement also walking movement?

Atrahasis
08-05-2007, 17:37
What about the Slann? Doesn't he count as a 'Floater'? Or is his movement also walking movement?

Slann are essentially on foot.

Onisuzume
08-05-2007, 17:45
Yup, and the old slann model had 4 temple guards carrying the slann instead of that silly float-o-disc.

Jonke
08-05-2007, 21:08
Slann are essentially on foot.

Creating the possiblity of a 9" movement slann wich I do not believe was the intention. But that is the way of the RAW.

Peace!

lparigi34
08-05-2007, 21:50
Hi

BRB, p.68, right column.

Festus

Agreed Festus, and the reference is accurate.

My point was to the possibility of having a flying Strigoi in a Zombie unit, walking all the time. In the Charges declaration, the Strigoi fly charge off the unit, then the zombes can move normally in the Remaining Movements subphase.

I do not mix movements when doing this.

Festus
09-05-2007, 06:07
Right, you can do this. As soon as the Character leaves the unit, it is separate an thus can choose a different mode of movement.

Festus

Onisuzume
09-05-2007, 09:32
Creating the possiblity of an 9" movement slann wich I do not believe was the intention. But that is the way of the RAW.

Peace!
That bit was faq'd actually.
The faq states that they can't since they're not a model on foot.
It doesn't say what he is though.

Btw, a Flying skink of doom with the spawning of huanchi can *not* fly through a wood since all the rules for flying still apply.

And yes, the spawning of huanchi is normally useless on a character unless he wants to join a unit with said spawning.

Right, you can do this. As soon as the Character leaves the unit, it is separate an thus can choose a different mode of movement.
Or the same movement mode.
Which is a favoured tactic for a JSoD.

Jonke
09-05-2007, 18:52
You correct me for the second time Onisuzume. Actually I thought the Slann wasn't allowed to take the Charm, but a friend mentioned it as a viable tactic. Proves you should never trust your irl friends.

Bringing my lizardmen to a tournament next weekend. Think I have som rules-reading to do.

kroq'gar
10-05-2007, 08:17
I didnt know skinks could take huanchi cept in a southlands list. they are limited to sotec and old ones.

also, a unit cannot charge in the same turn as joined by a character. A character cannot charge out of a unit unless the unit does not charge anything.

Thats been my understanding of the rules.

And yes, given the skink needs to join a unit via charging that is not possible, ontop of the fact in the GW errata it says a skink with cloak and huanchi cant fly through trees.

and you cant combine fly/walking. Its one or the other.