PDA

View Full Version : My first Chaos Army list please rate and suggest

big7samuraifan
08-05-2007, 20:51
First, let me start by saying I bought this lot off a friend of a friend...

3 units of 20 chaos Knights on foot with full command

3 units of 10 marauders on foot with full command

1 unit of 5 mounted marauders with full command

1 Lord on foot

1 sorcerer on foot

2 other Hero models on foot

1 unit of 10 fleshhounds

2 spawn units each having 2 chaos spawn

theDarkGeneral
08-05-2007, 22:34
Greetings big7samuraifan...

Sounds like fun and a lot of troops! What Mark do you want to go with before we offer any thoughts...

Super_Dante
08-05-2007, 23:36
you shouldn't stay with undivided unless you want to. You should pick a mark the one you think suit you best!

big7samuraifan
08-05-2007, 23:44
Well, I want the warriors to enjoy battle and be fearless and well dicsiplined...

Which Chaos god would that fit into?

Vorgrak ChosenOfUndivided
09-05-2007, 03:22
Khorne will make them better in combat and fearless, but they can be jerked around by fast cavalry, but thats why you have Maurader Horsemen.

big7samuraifan
09-05-2007, 03:55
I do not want to follow khorne. What about Slannesh? Tell me about them please...

callum in hat
09-05-2007, 14:34
slaanesh is very nice. they will not run away from enemy fire or from fear cuasung enemies, also pretty cheap points wise

Caligula
09-05-2007, 18:45
Slaanesh is a nice choice, making you immune to psychology...very handy. Not only that, but if you go Slaanesh, it would be worthwhile to look into going magic heavy. As everyone knows, the Slaanesh lore is rather nice. For the Slaanesh player, that is.

Blocks of Chaos Warriors can indeed work, despite what many people say. They're very expensive, but they do the trick when used well. It is true that Marauders make much, much better candidates for combat resolution and numbers, but since you have all those Warriors you might as well use them. I do assume by "Chaos Knights on foot" you mean Chaos Warriors.

So, by all means go Slaanesh. It's a relatively cheap mark to give your troops and characters, but also effective to no end. The Slaanesh magic lore is top of the line, so consider getting a couple of level 2 Sorcerers of Slaanesh.

The only other things I might suggest getting would be some Warhounds and some Chosen Knights of Slaanesh. Nasty nasty nasty....

Caligula
09-05-2007, 18:52
By the way, it might help to figure out what youre actual army is going to look like if we know what point size you're going for at the moment.

2000 points is generally considered a good size for Fantasy, so maybe you should start there? If that's what you want, I'm sure we could help you make a list using the models you've listed in your first post.

MarcoPollo
10-05-2007, 04:58
Slaanesh is a great army for fluff. Lots of Sexy stuff. But it is a hard army to master well (I find). They rely alot on movement and spells.

I think undivided is a good idea for beginners. You can learn the best aspects of each mark and then grow from there.

But a while back, Khorne warriors were voted the best warriors to use.

Caligula
10-05-2007, 11:21
Mhmm, I remember that actually MarcoPollo...as a matter of fact, I think I even voted for the Khorne Warriors...or maybe it was Slaanesh.

In any event, Khorne Warriors are hands down the best at dealing out death, no question, and as such are probably the best investment for the points. Slaanesh Warriors aren't bad themselves, however, but don't match the sheer killiness of a unit of Chosen Khorne Warriors.

Any particular reason you don't like the Blood God? Just curious...