PDA

View Full Version : Official league lost its mojo

tenpole
09-05-2007, 04:03
The official league has been a bit drab, there is little communication between coaches, no warseer posts and no fluff and hype. Why is everyone on a downer?

The league is nothing like the pre christmas days of the league.

The stunty league is only marginally better. I try to generate enthusiasm hence the highlander stunty newsletter.

LordSnotball
09-05-2007, 09:18
its a combination of factors... ppl are quiet, its near the end of the school year for some ie. exams, for others this is the peak season for industry, so everyone is tired...

combine that with the flop of the first round, and you can see that the hype the 1st round generated died before the 2nd round begun...

the way to go i think is to have small open tourneys during the hols when some ppl are free and others are not. then after the hols set up a normal tourney that will last for 6-8 weeks. any longer than that and ppl lose their drive...

as for fluff... i plead guilty, still haven't written up my match report... has to do with free time, 2 jobs and Iscariot talking about rhodes... i did my military service there and it gives me the creeps nowadays...

Njoy :)

and i will try to write up the match report by Sunday...

Yorkiebar
09-05-2007, 11:36
Well, I'm back from my two huge trips out of the countrynow, so my pace should pick up at least.

Fredox
09-05-2007, 11:45
I'm not a big fan of the swiss (or whatever we're using) format. I just don't like everyone having to complete the one round before anyone can play any of the next round. Plus it seems everyone has been going on holidays one after another, myself included. The new job hasn't helped but I getting to know my rota now but rotas don't seem to mean much where I work.

I've never been very good a fluff and have pinched most od NN's from game comments by you guys.

Autobot HQ
13-05-2007, 10:48
Essentially in my case it's been a combination of just moving house and still trying to sort out PC issues up here, and tryin to prepare for the 2week holiday I go on from Wednesday.

When I get back, I fully intend to buy a new PC and ethernet cable for the main PC that currently doesn't work. Then I can dedicate myself fully to running this thing again and also providing a more thorough and complete newsletter. I'll also update the new page, work out the system we're sticking with, and generally just get on your asses so we can make this work.

Ciao

tenpole
13-05-2007, 10:52
You are leaving on wednesday, when will you be back and will you be able to play your stunty game before you leave.

Jet
13-05-2007, 12:43
I apologise for my real lack of activity, but I'm afraid exams take precedence. They last just a couple more weeks and after then I'm free to help a little more.

Until then, I would like to introduce a proposition. My main idea is small leagues, say of 5 or 6. Within these I would like either an open system or fixed league system (fixed league means definitely require an even number to reduce waiting times). My favourite idea is to actually have mini-leagues of 5 teams with an open system to practically eliminate waiting times, with a 1-2-4 or 1-2-5 points spread for L-D-W. Each league has a fixed time period of 2/3 weeks, and possibly a TR cap :).

I understand that with every new idea comes scepticism(and inability to spell the word scepticism) but my previous ideas of the stunty tournament and a swiss tournament have come to pass, so its not like I've had a history of bad ideas I hope!

tenpole
13-05-2007, 14:43
I remember playing the original bloodbowl back in '86 just before an exam, we had to pause the game give my mates mum strict instructions not to touch the board, went off to do our exam and once we had finished we came back to finish the game.

So after the exams are you going to enter a stunty team as well. Notice the new diversity suggestions in the rules. And we still don't have a skaven assassins team.

LordSnotball
16-05-2007, 11:44
Eshin Adepts now exist :)

the 3rd round isnt dead though, most of the matches have been played, which means people are motivated... thats enough...

new job starting 1st of June, so when everyone else gets sorted, i'll be missing... lol! possibly anyway

Skinnydookie
16-05-2007, 12:51
Hi,

This is just to inform the powers 'that be' that Raw Messiah has informed me that he probablt wont be able to play his game against me within the deadline due to family commitments (depending on when the deadline hits).

tenpole
17-05-2007, 18:55
So can the staff members open up the next round?

Jet
17-05-2007, 22:57
There is no next round, the tournament was only ever set to last 3 rounds. Th0r is granted a massive 1 point for his efforts. So this tournament has now ended, do people just want free exhibition matches for a while?

If indeed so, if anyone's up for adding a bit of spice to these exhibition matches (and since I'd like a bit of a change), I'm very willing to put up my necros in a pink slip or retirement match (within reasonable TR/TS of course). If I lose I'm probably looking at bringing back the classic Warseer team of high elves from the very first league, or starting a new team. Anyone up for it?

th0r
18-05-2007, 05:22
hmm I'm interested in exhibition matches with some flavor...and as much as i like pink slip matches id have to think about possibly losing my precious HE's. I think games like the what the Orc's are having is the right direction to take.

tenpole
18-05-2007, 05:42
There should not be lots of pink slip games. I gave my resons for wanting a pink slip game and I think way back i was have a moan about new orc teams joining. Can the orc challenge game get set up?

th0r
18-05-2007, 16:25
If anyone wants a game drop me a line on msn, I accept all challenges.