PDA

View Full Version : House rule for Empire engineer

gorenut
09-05-2007, 03:33
I really like the idea of Engineers and want to convert my own mechanical steed. The problem is, we all know how close to useless they are. I was considering presenting a house rule to my group, but want to run it past you guys before really potentially making me look like a cheesy rat.

Only thing I'm suggesting is that Engineers are 1-3 or 1-2 per hero slot. I don't think it'd be overpowered especially seeing how they can't have wargear and are limited to what they can do since everything is move OR shoot plus they can usually only do 1 action at a time. What do you guys think?

intellectawe
09-05-2007, 04:57
Wrong forum for house rules.

Try the Rules Development Forums.

Sanjuro
09-05-2007, 10:25
Just make them upgrades for War machines, that would be the best house rule to fix Engineers. Keep the points cost, options and abilities but don't have them take up a character slot. Quite simple and effective.

gorenut
09-05-2007, 20:28
I would rather them be upgrades to warmachines.. but I'm afraid people might think that as too overpowering.

To be 100% honest... even if Engineers were an unlimited core choice.. I don't think they would be too powerful. So many points for so little they can really do.