PDA

View Full Version : Any good stores in L.A. ?

skyranger14
09-05-2007, 06:31
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could help me by pointing out good gaming stores in L.A. (Ideally stores with a wide range of product lines). I live overseas so this is a rare opprotunity for me.

Thanks for any help.

yodasluck
09-05-2007, 07:05
I would recommend Brookhurst Hobbies. I believe you can look up their address online. I try to visit it when I'm in the area. It isn't necessarily LA, more like Anaheim/Orange County. Of course, there is the obligatory stop at the LA Battle Bunker (Winchester) for Forge World goodies. Any others? I'll be in town for AX in Long Beach and wouldn't mind a small shopping trip.

Xenocidal Maniac
09-05-2007, 07:20
Well, what people generally refer to as "LA" covers a biiiiiiiig area.

For example, Brookhurst Hobbies is not actually in LA. It's in a rather distant suburb in Orange County. The Battle Bunker is also actually about 45 miles outside of LA, in a town called Westminster (not Winchester).

If you are talking about LA "proper", unfortunately, there are not many gaming stores here at all. Never have been. I am not sure why. The one I frequent is called Aero Hobbies, which is about 7 miles north of LAX. It's the only gaming shop in LA proper that I know of. The next nearest shops would be in Pasadena (Game Empire), about 20 miles northeast of LAX, and Burbank (The Last Grenadier, if it is still around, but I don't recommend it), about 15 miles east of LAX. There is also The War House in Long Beach, about 25 miles south of LAX.

I think there may be a GW store in Glendale, which is just a little further east of Burbank.

Skyranger and Yodasluck, PM me if you'd like. I am always looking for new friends.

exsulis
10-05-2007, 21:42
Might want to try http://maps.games-workshop.com/storefinder/findstores.aspx as it will list off a few stores, and Rogue traders. But the Glendale store would be the closest to LA proper followed by the Santa Anita GW store

The Orange
10-05-2007, 23:55
I would recommend Brookhurst Hobbies. I believe you can look up their address online.
http://www.brookhursthobbies.com/

Good place to stop by, 20% of boxed GW stuff, :D , though selection is a little limited.

CommisarMolotov
10-05-2007, 23:59
East Coast, *******!

*does bolt-gun drive-by from Rhino*

Sekhmet
11-05-2007, 00:26
Well, what people generally refer to as "LA" covers a biiiiiiiig area.

For example, Brookhurst Hobbies is not actually in LA. It's in a rather distant suburb in Orange County. The Battle Bunker is also actually about 45 miles outside of LA, in a town called Westminster (not Winchester).

Not even close to 45 miles! It's like 20 miles south of LAX.

hucklongfin
11-05-2007, 00:38
If Battle Bunker is in Westminster then it's maybe 5 miles from Brookhurst Hobbies which is in the next city over in Garden Grove.

It's 33 miles from LAX to Garden Grove on I-405 to the 22.

Aero Hobbies
12-05-2007, 20:34
Aero Hobbies is actually having a Rogue Trader Tournament next Staurday, 19 May at 11 AM. No entry fee, call or email to sign up!
store@aerohobbiesgames.com

Keith

Aero Hobbies is on Santa Monica Blvd. at Yale:
2918 Santa Monica Blvd. #3
Santa Monica, CA 90404
(310)828-5264
www.aerohobbiesgames.com

Marrak
12-05-2007, 20:58
Having been to brookhurst hobbies myself a couple times, I do have to say their selection is limited, and if you need any help you might find yourself waiting around for a few minutes.

The Battle Bunker is close... probably about 5 miles like someone said. If you're coming from the other direction, GW has a store at the Block (outdoors mall).