PDA

View Full Version : -_+The Insquisitorial Files: The search for Ivan+_- Recruitment

Vesk
06-08-2005, 14:21
Several Months Ago-

Scribe Johnas whimpered slightly in the darkness of the ruins, shaking as he scanned the area for any movement. "L...L....Lord Ivan...w...w...where are you?" Johnas said into the darkness in a voice barely over a whisper. There was no response, the crushing darkness merely continued to loom over him, the dim outlines of broken columns and and stone tombs were barely visable to him.

It was only several hours before that he, Inquisitor Lord Ivan and the rest of the retinue entered the hidden entrance of the ruins. Ivan assured the team that the investigation was almost over and their ultimate goal was closer than they could have hoped. Everything had been going fine, they had made considerable progress, winding their way through the maze of passages by the time the incident occured. Their lights had failed them, Lord Ivan had shouted to them to close up their formation and shots began to fly as Velea, an Imperial guard veteran, crumpled to the ground, her head had been obliterated only a few seconds after Ivan gave the order.

The rest of the fight was a mystery to Johnas for he had been knocked out shortly after the fire fight began. He had awoken an unknown amount of time later to find himself unharmed, but not finding any trace of the retinue or Lord Ivan. He had been too afraid to move for some time, but finally managed to work up the courage to call out into the darkness, but his heart sank as no one replied. He searched his robes for his flashlight, but found that he had either lost it, or it had been taken off him when he was out cold. For a moment Johnas' heart raced, afraid that the darkness would swallow him completely, but then felt the weight of his data slate in the folds of his robes.

Brilliant! Johnas thought as he pulled out the slate and pressed a button. The backlight on the data slate was dim, but its soft green glow illuminated a small area around it. Johnas had been keeping grueling notes as they had continued their investigation, the head scribe would later take his notes and then write them up as official records of the mission. However, Johnas could care less about his notes now though, all he cared about was finding the rest of the team and getting out of these dank ruins.

He began to slowly move forward, the sound of his footsteps echoing in the large chamber. "Lord Ivan?" Johnas called out again, his voice stronger now, but still relatively quite. "Lady Tersa? Leo? Nathan? Yeren?" Johnas called out the names of some of the other members of the retinue, anxiety slowly creeping its way back into his chest. His pace quickened, as did his breathing, his eyes darting back and forth, looking desperately for any sign of the rest of the retinue. A low hiss echoed in the chambed, causing Johnas to freeze on the spot. "H...h...hello?" Johnas whimpered out, his eyes darting around, looking for the source of the noise.

The source soon revealed itself as a robed figure emerged from the darkness. Johnas gasped and almost screamed before a blade shot out from the side, stabbing Johnas in the side of the head.

"Excellent, good work," hissed the robed figure to the blade that appeared to be floating in air. With an odd, screeching sound, the blade vanished and the robed man heard his servant leap away, most likely off to secure the entrance to the ruins. The man knelt down next to Johnas' corpse, "So young, so innocent looking," the man growled as he placed a hand on Johnas' head. "However, mercy cannot be wasted on heretics."
----------------------------------------------------------------

And this is where our story begins. It has been 5 months since Lord Inquisitor Ivan's dissapearance on Talos IX. He had been on an investigation into strange deaths and disasters on the planet, all of which had the underlying hint of some kind of Chaos involvement.

The Inquisition has sent Inquisitor Liana Teral to investigate Ivan's dissapearance and to complete his investigation into the strange events. Liana had been trained personally by Ivan from a very young age. Loki Kevlin, a psyker Ivan rescued from a feral world and who is incredibly skilled at biomancy, is accompanying Liana on her mission.

----------------------------------------------------
I will post Liana's and Loki's profiles later on, and as for the rest of the retinue....well they're going to be you guys!

There are, of course, some character restrictions, most of which are inspired or just blatently ripped from Slazton, so don't go yelling at me alright!? :angel:

-NO Space Marines, Sisters of Battle, Xenos, Inqusitors or Temple Assassins
-0-1 Death Cult Assassins
-0-1 Tech Priests
-No mutants or insane fanatics or anything crazy like that
-0-1 Psker
-0-1 Pariah
-Imperial Technology only
-You can have one two-handed weapon, and two one-handed weapons or you may just go straight for three one-handed weapons

(I told you lots of them would be ripped from Slaz :p )

As long as you don't stray outside of the restrictions, your character should be fine. However, I reserve the right to deny any character entry into the RP, however I extremely doubt I will need to flex this power as long as people are smart.

Alright, so if anyone is interested, post your character, and if you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

warlordgrubnatz
06-08-2005, 14:52
name: Ruben
race: human
archtype: mercinary
weapons: bolter, power sword, bolt pistol
equipment: black full body armour, frag grenades, basic medical equipment, torch, feild rations, feild knife.
background: Ruben has no idea how old he is. He woke 15 years ago with no memory, sinnce that day his body has shown no signs of aging.

Xavier
06-08-2005, 16:52
Death culist pls

Lord Setra
06-08-2005, 17:00
Me to some sister twins would be kl.

Xavier
06-08-2005, 17:02
Stop saying kl.. makes you sound gay.. and who says I want to be related to you ;)

Lord Setra
06-08-2005, 17:03
Kl:p

Im finished. You dont have to be related to me if you dont want to just think it would bring somehting different to the rpg.

Xavier
06-08-2005, 17:07
Fine since your whining so much on msn..

Lord Setra
06-08-2005, 17:08
Excellent.

Now all we need is for Vesk to say it is ok.

Xavier
06-08-2005, 17:16
"Vesk is it ok?"

"yes its ok"

"k thx"

he said its ok

Vesk
06-08-2005, 19:02
Ah, the ever classic sister Death Cult assassins....ok fine I'll allow it.

Xavier
06-08-2005, 19:37
They always work in pairs, so why not sisters ;)

Xhalax
06-08-2005, 19:52
I'll take up the Psyker post.....maybe as an astropath or something rather than a ROAR! fighty psyker.
The quieter life might be better for me.

That ok?
If yes....character to come.

Vesk
06-08-2005, 20:03
If an astropath is what you want to be, that's fine with me. Maybe you'll just have to duck and cover when the bullets start flying :D

warlordgrubnatz
06-08-2005, 20:04
can i be an interrogator or should i be a merc?

Vesk
06-08-2005, 20:08
I'd prefer a merc.

Xhalax
06-08-2005, 20:16
Does my astropath have to be there in person at all?

Well ok...yes I'll have to have her there....but still. I'm changing tact and going for a non-combatant which isn't cocky.

Xavier
06-08-2005, 20:18
Well its an Inquisitors personal retinue isnt it? So you would be in close proximity.

Xhalax
06-08-2005, 20:22
I know...but it's going to be difficult keeping her alive when the shooting starts.

Xavier
06-08-2005, 20:49
Hide behind the <insert random bulky character>

Xhalax
06-08-2005, 21:50
Can I have some sort of bodyguard?

Vesk
06-08-2005, 22:29
Hrmmmm......man I'm braking my own rules left and right, but yeah, a bodyguard would be fine, just don't make him/her/it too over the top.

Xhalax
06-08-2005, 22:36
Commander X asked if his character could be her bodyguard....so I can leave that to him when he next appears.

Vesk
06-08-2005, 23:18
((Okay, that makes me feel better, alright now for Liana's profile))

Name: Liana Teral
Age: Exact age unkown, estimated to be between 27-32 years.
Ordo: Hereticus
Weapons: Force Spear and bolt pistol
Armor: Carapace armor on chest, flak on all other areas.

Appearance:
Liana stands a little over 5' 6", her body slender but not frail. Her face is quite beautiful, as befitting her birthright, however it is marred by a scar that runs from her left temple all the way down her neck, ending somewhere below her collar bone. Her armor is a deep, blood red with golden trim. Her hair, which falls to her shoulders, is raven black.

Background:
Liana was born the daughter of nobles on Gevin II, her father the govenor of the planet. When she was only six years old, Inqusitor Ivan came to Gevin II in order to aid in the extermination of a chaos cult that was threatening Liana's family and all other nobles on the planet. Unfortunately, Inquisitor Ivan could not destroy the cult fast enough, they managed to reach Liana's family and kill all of them, save for Liana herself whom her parents had hidden before they were slaughtered.

Ivan found the young girl, dirty, sligthly bloody and crying when he searched the ruins of the Teral home. From the first time he saw her, Ivan felt that Liana had very powerful, latent psychic energy coming from her. He knew he could not let such a rare talent as hers slip through his fingers, nor could he leave her fate in the hands of the Adeptus Telepathica. This was not an uncommon practice for Ivan, whenever he came across an undiscovered psyker, as long as they were of a young enough age, he would take them in and train them personally. This practice was made apparent to Liana when a few short years after Ivan took her in, he also took in a young boy named Loki Kevlin. Most of the ones that survive Ivans unique training went on to become servants of the Inquisition. Liana's calm attitude and aptitude with her psychic powers sped her into quickly becoming a fully fledged Inquisitor.

Liana has always looked up to Ivan and has considered him as a replacement for the father she lost so long ago. She also feels a very close bond with Loki as they basically grew up together, sharing the same experiences as they went through Ivan's rigorous training.

Harlequin'sDance
07-08-2005, 01:28
Name: ĎUltramarí Jhonas
Weapons: Neural whip, laspistol, knife
Armour: Groxhide Jacket and luck.
Equipment: Auspex, Filtration plugs

Appearance:
Average in size and average in height, in fact, average really in everything. His trademark fedora, scar on his chin, and unique choice of weapons are really the only way to pick him out of a crowd.

Background:
Scroundrel, rogue, pirate, mercenary, thief, conman, and grave robber. Jhonas has been called all these things and more. If you ask him however, heís just a simple Archaeoxenan on the lookout for relics of bygone eras. Unfortunately, the relics he finds usually donít want to be found which makes for quite the predicament. Strangely enough, his occupation makes him uniquely suited to assisting an Inquisitor, as he has a wealth of experience with Eldar, Necrons, dark age technology, fanatics, and anything else that could conceivably want to kill him. He even sometimes drunkenly boasts about an encounter with a metallic god.

Xhalax
07-08-2005, 01:53
Name: Drucilla
Position: Astropath
Equipment: Bionics (her body is failing her...and will provide some protection) and an antique las pistol that she has never used and doesn't even know why she carries it, tarot cards.

Background: Drucilla was born on a hive world, but her powers were detected early in life.
She was taken away on the Black Ships to be tested. She was classified as seond rank psyker of some power but no threat. Sent to the Scholastia Psykana, she was given a basic psychic trained taught to transmit and receive messages and to read the Imperial Tarot cards to some proficiency.
Then when she was deemed ready, she under went Soul Binding, becoming a member of the Adeptus Astra Telepathica.

Appearence: Bald with brass ports in the back of her skull. Pale and gaunt and fairly unhealthy looking. Very much a whisp of a girl

Personality: Dru is a non-combatant and is getting burnt out so he body is failing her. She is mostly quiet, only ever speaking when commanded or spoken to.

nikolai7
07-08-2005, 02:01
are we allowed a heavy weapon as a 2 handed weapon?

Xavier
07-08-2005, 02:14
Name: Sethai
Type: Death Cult Assasin
Weapons: Power sword, Long bladed knife coated in Hallucinogen, Throwing knives, Pair of sai.

Appearance: 5'10, her body slender but well toned and muscled. Pale complexion offset by her white hair which flows down to the small of her back, a black streak runs through the length on the right side of her forehead. She has mismatched eyes, one green and one vert light blue. Forsaking the normal attire the assasins wear she is instead prefers to wear black clothing, normally quite tight fitting and leaving her well toned middle showing, which is only natural for an assasin, She wears a black tank top and a pair of shorts that come to her knees which has a cape coming from the back of it stopping just above the ground. (Think tifa from advent children,1 (http://www.ff7citadel.com/compilation/ac_images/ac_tifaloz1.jpg) 2 (http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff7ac/fanart/steveneric_tifa.jpg) 3 (http://mokkori66.free.fr/screens/jul16/screen006.jpg) 4 (http://lorelei.mystarseed.com/dolls/tifa_advent.gif) You get the idea.)

Background: Very vauge background till I can speak to setra about the twin sister thing in detail. Basically she is a death cult assasin working in a team with her sister, she is skilled in the use of the two swords, but is also skilled in martial arts

(Yes, Tifa, woo tifa, yay woo.. )

Bradicus
07-08-2005, 08:32
Vesk, this is what I'm thinking. If it's cool with you, I'll flesh it out. If not, I'll make something new:

Imperial Priest
Shotgun (or eviscerator), Plasma Pistol, Power weapon

Vesk
07-08-2005, 08:51
are we allowed a heavy weapon as a 2 handed weapon?

That depends on who your character is and what the weapon is, PM me what you're thinking about and we'll see.

((Alright, time for Loki's profile))

Name: Loki Kevlin
Position: Psyker
Weapons: Power sword and bolt pistol
Armor: Carapace armor on chest and legs, falk armor on other locations, covered up by a long leather coat.

Appearance: ((Just a note, I had a vision of Loki in my head before Xavier posted, it is only coincidence that they share some of the same characteristics))
Loki stands at an even 6', his body well muscled presenting his foes with an intimidating figure to come up against. His face is angular and handsome, not surprisingly free of scars as he is an absolute master of biomancy. His eyes are a steely grey, his complection very pale and his shory hair a shocking white, these features are common amongst the inhabitants of his planet.

Background:
Loki was discovered by Ivan while he was exploring the feral planet Givana VI. The people on the planet were nocturnal as no prey emerged until after the two suns had set. Loki had been found with the corpse of his recently dead mother in a cave not too far from where Ivan had touched down. At first he had planned to put the child out of its misery, as he was only about 4 years old, but he noticed that the boy's eyes were constantly switching colors.

After taking Loki in, he began to teach him the ways of civilised society while also beginning his training as a Psyker. Ivan was astonished on how easily Biomancy came to Loki, quickly mastering techniques that take even seasoned Psykers many years to master. However, Loki's other psychic talents were no where near as stellar as his skills in Biomancy. Also Loki began to develop a wild streak as his training progressed, often acting rashely in simulations, almost always going for an extremely dangerous gamble that if pulled off would undoutebly be the stuff of legends. This attitude had been the main hinderance in Loki's way to becoming inducted into the ranks of the Inquisition.

Loki is often protective of Liana, sometimes acting like an older brother to her despite the fact that he is younger.

Commander X
07-08-2005, 11:11
((Okay, that makes me feel better, alright now for Liana's profile))
:D

Now you just wait for what I can come up with ;)

Wiseman
07-08-2005, 14:20
ill be your bodyguard, a big grunt of an Imperial Guardsmen, not the brightest of fellow either if thats alrit, he copuldnt be though if he is willing to take a bullet/lasblast/krak missile for you

Commander X
07-08-2005, 16:03
Psst, D. you're too late for that role you know ;)

Name: Quinn Wise
Point cost: A whopping 34 :p
Weapons:Power Fist(if allowed), Shock Maul
Armour: Repression Shield, Carapace on torso.

Appearance: Orcish build although not very tall. Completely bold and has a bit yellowish skin. Several scars over his exposed arms and head.

Background: Quinn was trained in the art of combat by his family, as they hoped for him to become a servant of the local Inquisitor later in his life. Unfortunately, the Inquisitor died before that could happen, so Quinn remained unemployed and almost become one of the many scum that roamed the city. It was then that he saw the appearantly blind Drucilla, and made it his role to protect her from harm...

OOC:I hope you didn't mind that last bid Xhalax:OOC

Vesk happy with this, yes?

Lord Setra
07-08-2005, 17:19
Name: Serai
Type: Death Cult Assasin
Weapons: Power sword, Long bladed knife coated in Hallucinogen, Throwing knives, Pair of sai.

Appearance: 5'10, her body slender but well toned and muscled. Pale complexion offset by her black hair which flows down to the small of her back, a white streak runs through the length on the left side of her forehead. She has mismatched eyes, one green and one brown. She forgoes normal assasin wear and wears a dark red top with a black cloak and long shorts which hold her throwing knifes.

Background:Will decide it with Xavier.

Xhalax
07-08-2005, 20:27
Ok...might not make the starting of this RPG due to internet access problems.

Though I'm trying to look on the bright side. If I'm posting by the end of the week properly, then everything is fine. If not....then god only knows when I'll be back.

Bradicus
08-08-2005, 02:50
how's this for ya:

Name: Janson (yanson) Stevonich
Occupation: Drill Abbot and Official Field Representative of the Ecclessiarchy for the Inquisition
Equipment: Carapace chest plate emplazoned with Imperial Eagle underneath red flak armor robe, flak armor pants, revolver, annointed hand flamer, flail
Physical Appearance: 5'7", and kinda like this guy (http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.us?do=List_Models&code=302957&orignav=300813&ParentID=213380&GameNav=300808) except with different weapons.
Background: Pretty standard stuff. Born on a relatively backwater planet. Inducted (*coughcough, abducted? coughcough*) into the Imperial Ecclesiarchy at a young age, and trained to be a preacher and missionary. At the age of 24, Janson was opperating as a wandering missionary and preacher for the Imperial Ecclesiarchy, occasionally accompanying Guard regiments into battle, but usually simply visiting them in their barracks and bases on nearby planets.
However, by the age of 31, Janson began to feel the spirit of the Emperor burning more brightly than ever before, and found more and more that the only way to appease this spirit was by cleansing His realm of the heretics and non-believers. Janson sent in a request to his Father, requesting to be advanced to the status of Drill Abbot. After two long years of counceling, drilling, training, and testing, Janson finally proved himself worthy of the title and was sent out into the Imperium to bring the flame of the Emperor's spirit to the heretics all across the Empire, in one way or another.

Wiseman
08-08-2005, 02:57
damn to late, oh well

Name: John Smith
Weapons:Lasgun, Laspistol, knife
Armour: Flak Armour
Appearance: sorta like shrek, but not green (think wayne rooney)
Background:Born the son of peasants, he was sent to join the whiteshields as his father believed it was the only way for him to make it anywhere in life. Still young he has been called up for his first mission.

Vesk
08-08-2005, 03:13
Alright, Brad, Commander and Serta, your characters are fine. diddmz, I'm a tad bit confused by your character, what are the whiteshields exactly, I am unfamiliar with that term.

Also, I am panning to proabably start this RP on tuesday or wendsday. If you know anyone who might be interested in joining, please tell them about this :p

Wiseman
08-08-2005, 03:26
whiteshields are the rank below guardsmen, normally cannonfodder(think conscripts)

nikolai7
08-08-2005, 23:31
Name: Gabriel "Six Shooter" Richardson
Weapons: Matched Revolvers, loaded with dumdums. Concealed knives, (up his sleeves)

Appearence: Gabriel wears a black pinstripe suit, with a black pinstriped shirt and a white tie. He also wears Black shoes with white spats. He has his twin revolvers concealed in shoulder holsters and. He is not overly tall (5"10) but is athletically built. He has short dark brown hair that is combed to one side and bright blue eyes.

Background: After deciding the guard was not for him Gabriel tried to become an arbite, but during his training he decided that the arbites were not for him either. So he started working as muscle for a local gang. Soon he got involved with the wrong people and ended up being chased off world. After a while he started selling his services as a hired gun. He gained a reputation for being deadly in close quarter gun fights where his quick reflexes and accuracy overcame the brute force of others.

Vesk
09-08-2005, 01:20
Alright, I'm almost positive I will be starting this RP early tommorow. Early tommorow for me being about 1-5 o'clock in the morning

If anyone else wants to join, PM me.

Harlequin'sDance
09-08-2005, 19:46
If there's an RPG award for most awkward opening post, I hope I'm the one to recieve it.

Vesk
09-08-2005, 19:54
This is already posted in the IC thread but I thought I would post it here as well so I can delete that post:

((Okay, I see that Loki's little trick may have confused a few people. Harlequin, Loki is indeed a male and it says so on his personal, Inquisitorial Profile. However, when Janson entered the room and approached the desk, he said that he assumed Loki, because he was male, was NOT Inquisitor Liana, who is female. Now Loki, who is a mischevious little devil, decided that it would be fun to pose at Inquisitor Liana, however in order for his trick to work, he would have to explain why Liana's, the person he is trying to convince Janson that he is, profile said female but he, Loki, was male. So for simplicities sake, Loki is male, Liana is female. Loki is the one currently sitting behind the desk while Liana is off in her quarters getting ready. SO you might want to edit your post so that is makes a bit more sense . Sorry for the confusion.))

Harlequin'sDance
09-08-2005, 20:01
Oh, I understand that, I just decided to capitalise on your little trick to make an already awkward start for a day even more so for Jhonas.

Vesk
09-08-2005, 20:04
Yes, well I think if there was an award, you definately win the most awkward opening post :P

Xavier
10-08-2005, 00:04
Gah, didnt realise this had started

Harlequin'sDance
21-08-2005, 08:14
Hello, Vesk?