PDA

View Full Version : Where is your local games worshop?

khorne666
09-05-2007, 18:11
Exactly what it says on the tin, where is your local games workshop? Mine is liverpool and anyone else going to the white dwarf party there contact me.

Sentinel75
09-05-2007, 18:46
"mine" is about 2 and half hours away from Raleigh... the closest is Richmond VA. They closed the Concord, NC store which was closer to me...
I am more likely to visit the Potomac Mill Woodbridge VA sotr due to its proximity to IKEA :-P

Ninners
09-05-2007, 18:50
Mine is in Cambridge, it has a battle bunker and its a fairly large store so its pretty cool. I can just go in on the bus at the weekend or after school :D

TheWarSmith
09-05-2007, 18:51
I have 2, but the main one I go to is Chicago Battle Bunker, which is about an hour drive with $2 each way in tolls and 50 miles.

SpikeyFreak
09-05-2007, 18:53
There's one less than a mile from where I work, one about 5 miles from my house, and one in between.

In Houston, TX, which really surprised me when I went looking for one.

Not that I ever actually go to one.

--Old Timer Spikey

melgorth
09-05-2007, 19:10
The closest one to me is in Dublin, 4 hours away from where i live so that prevents me from going up to it more than once or twice a month which, as i can tell you, is very annoying. :( :( :(

Sasha
09-05-2007, 19:10
(UK) Oxford / Richmond, London

Archaon
09-05-2007, 19:25
Mine is in the city centre.. about 15 minutes by public transport away from me.

However i was never in there.. i prefer my LGS. I know the owner and team personally, don't have to endure too many kids on a constant basis and we can talk all types of games without being threatened to get kicked out.

theunwantedbeing
09-05-2007, 19:33
About 3-4 miles away in the middle of town.
So not very far really.

nooobie 69
09-05-2007, 19:34
mines in gloucester about 15 minutes away

Odieman
09-05-2007, 19:48
If I dont order online then the nearest store is in Arendal (not that you know where the heck these places are :p ). Which is 45 mins away from where I live (Risør). But that isnt a GW store thats a bookstore that sells warhammer/40k/LOTR. SO the closest GW store would be in OSLO which is about 3 and a half hours away from where I live. I think theres only 2 GW stores in Norway, one in OsLo, and one in Bergen.

khorne666
09-05-2007, 19:49
Just a note, I did mean which actual store, not how far away.

Martyr
09-05-2007, 20:08
SpikeyFreak, yours is actually the closest one to me. Sad. I live in North East texas nothing gaming wise goes on here so we usually have to take road trips to play with more than 2 people.

-Martyr

Caligula
09-05-2007, 20:28
Mine is roughly 50-60 km away from the town in live in, located in the capital of the province, Halifax. It takes a little under an hour for me to get there, and seems like a pretty great atmosphere. I've only been 4 or 5 times, but I plan on going more regularly as soon as time permits.

Any other Nova Scotians here that frequent GW Halifax?

Gimp
09-05-2007, 20:40
My closest GW store......

Must be Europe.

No GW stores here in Africa.

Vattendroppe
09-05-2007, 20:41
Due to war between different stores one of the local miniaturesdealers here has gone away, the other has stopped selling miniatures (I think that he broke the deal with GW and are not allowed to sell their products any more). It's a shame really, my nearest for the moment I think is in Stockholm, about an hour with car or train away. (10 metric miles)

Crube
09-05-2007, 20:44
Mine is the one in Aberdeen, about 45 miles away, although, not been there too much...

Previously, my local one was Warhammer World, or Nottingham Friar Lane - where I was a regular - nearly every day I could be found in there...

The boyz
09-05-2007, 20:46
My closet GW is in Truro, about 40 minute drive away.

Death Before Dishonour
09-05-2007, 21:00
I live in Chelmsford Essex so GW chelmsford :D

Gimp
09-05-2007, 21:06
Man you guys are so lucky.

I wished there was a GW store in my naghbourhood/country/continent.

I think I have it the worst.

mistahsmoovelegs
09-05-2007, 21:06
mine is in the beuatiful city of San Francisco.

sigur
09-05-2007, 21:25
Mine's in Vienna (duh), about an hour away by train/bus.

I wished there was a GW store in my naghbourhood/country/continent.

The first GW store in in my country opened around two years ago and I was really excited when I went there for the first time (the life-size Space Marine in the front, gaming tables and all) but now I more or less ignore it.

While the staff is phlegmatic compared to redshirts in other countries' GW stores, they are still "too friendly" for my liking. I don't know, maybe I'm just paranoid but I always think that they want to sell me something I don't want.:p But in case you need some paintpot or something else badly and your local indie retailer doesn't have it at the moment, you can go to GW and they almost surely have it.

Sometimes, I go and have a look at the showcase miniatures or just have a look at some new miniature but I almost never buy anything there.

Stormtrooper Clark
09-05-2007, 21:36
Wakefield, only a 20 min drive from where i live, it's also got a entire floor for gaming tables.

Leeds (White Rose) 20 min drive, White Rose shopping centre, problem is, it's like the smallest GW in the county, trust me, if theres more than 4 people in it's hell

Leeds (Central) Ooo guess what, 20 min drive, my fave store mainly because of the staff. location makes you watch your back a bit though

<_<
>_>

xibo
09-05-2007, 21:46
Stuttgart, Germany, 40 km from my home, so effective 2 hours by bicicle ( if not turboboosting )

studderigdave
09-05-2007, 21:55
bunker in reading PA, never go there.

DragonPup
09-05-2007, 21:55
Mine is in Cambridge, it has a battle bunker and its a fairly large store so its pretty cool. I can just go in on the bus at the weekend or after school :D

I go to the Cambridge store on the other side of the Atlantic. :p

Gwelandor
09-05-2007, 22:02
Mines Lincoln (uk)

Darth Alec
09-05-2007, 22:14
If I dont order online then the nearest store is in Arendal (not that you know where the heck these places are :p ). Which is 45 mins away from where I live (Risør). But that isnt a GW store thats a bookstore that sells warhammer/40k/LOTR. SO the closest GW store would be in OSLO which is about 3 and a half hours away from where I live. I think theres only 2 GW stores in Norway, one in OsLo, and one in Bergen.

There isn't one in Bergen anymore, only a Avalon store.

The only GW is in Oslo...

Karnage
09-05-2007, 22:35
GW Swansea here, about 15-20 minutes away from my house by bus, probably considerably longer by train as the train doesn't go directly there.

floyd pinkerton
09-05-2007, 22:46
GW Hull, though it turns out our manager is leaving the company entirely

VetSgtNamaan
09-05-2007, 23:31
The closest one I belive is a 5 hour drive away. I have never been there nor am I likely to in the near future.

MarcoPollo
10-05-2007, 06:06
North Vancouver, a 3 min drive from my condo. 10 min from the foot of the ski hills and 5 min away from the closest beach.

Vancouver is a lucky city.

gruubii
10-05-2007, 06:39
Nashville a nice 4.5 hour drive

Dread Lime
10-05-2007, 06:59
Nashville or Atlanta... pick one.
Why waste time with GW when Visions is just down the street?

Orcboy_Phil
10-05-2007, 07:05
GW Gloucester is a 5-10 (depending on how much time I spend in ePlay, Watestones, Game) minutes walk from my flat. In fact its directly in front of my bus stop to work, so guess who goes in almost everyday :)
GW Cheltenham is a 40 minute bus ride away, and its the store I game at (generally due to the fact that I roleplay on Tuesdays which is the vets night in gloucester).

snurl
10-05-2007, 08:25
The closest one to me is probably Glen Burnie MD but i've never been there, it's too far. I shop at Comic store west in York PA or Days of Knights in Newark Del.

Jedi152
10-05-2007, 08:44
Warhammer World.

Yeah, it's cool.

Raj
10-05-2007, 08:59
Eastland Shopping centre in Ringwood,Victoria,Australia,Earth

SkawtheFalconer
10-05-2007, 09:38
GW Reading (UK)

Horus0001
10-05-2007, 09:48
Edinburgh city centre, about a 40min drive from where i live.
Aslo close to my local gaming club

UltimateNagash
10-05-2007, 11:56
Warhammer World.

Yeah, it's cool.
Curse you Jedi and your nearness... :D

North Vancouver, a 3 min drive from my condo. 10 min from the foot of the ski hills and 5 min away from the closest beach.

Vancouver is a lucky city.
Yes it is, and I'm suprised I didn't destroy it when I went :D

My closet GW is in Truro, about 40 minute drive away.
I once went there on my hols...

Anyway, mine's the one in Hemel... About half an hour on the bus...

Llew
10-05-2007, 14:21
I learned something new. Apparently my closest GW store is in Nashville which is about 3½ hours away. I thought it was Chicago at 5 hours.

That's handy to know, but I'll still end up shopping at a local independent store that's 20 minutes away.

Aenarion
10-05-2007, 15:20
I have two,

Lincoln during term time and Peterborough at home.

notsoevil
10-05-2007, 16:21
Eh, the question is irrelevant as they'll just keep closing them all down till they disappear. :D

BTW, only been to one once when I was in California. At a mall.

EmperorNorton
10-05-2007, 16:52
There are four (Bochum, Dortmund, Essen, Oberhausen) which are about the same distance to me, which means an hour and a half by public transport.
I can't think of a reason why I'd ever go to a GW store, though.*

(*Actually, this isn't entirely true. I went to the one in Essen to get my BfSP set, because I was sure my FLGS wouldn't get it on release day.)

the1stpip
10-05-2007, 16:59
Aenarion, is that you, Stuart..?

My local GW is also Lincoln, about half an hours walk.

As far as the WD XXX party is concerned though, I shall be at Warhammer World that day for the WPS Club Challenge tournament, so I shall be at the centre of it all (just to rub it in, WW is an hours drive away)...

Jedi152
10-05-2007, 17:04
As far as the WD XXX party is concerned though, I shall be at Warhammer World that day for the WPS Club Challenge tournament, so I shall be at the centre of it all (just to rub it in, WW is an hours drive away)...
Please don't tell me that is there on the 30th weekend? :mad:

Bang goes any chance of anyone outside of the WPS getting a white dwarf model then! :rolleyes:

DarkLord Of Naggaroth
10-05-2007, 18:14
Manchester Arndale, must be quite a common one. It's no more than 40 mins away but I still haven't bin in it for at least a year now. The parking is expensive and it's just not practical in any way. Theres another one in the Trafford centre, but that's merely a indentation in the wall, not a shop. The one table is sticking out the store!
I get all of my stuff from ebay, and Xmas + birthday. yeah I'm cheep, so what, it's the smart thing to do :D

infernus31
10-05-2007, 19:04
When I'm at university GW Shrewsburys just slightly the closest one but nearly 2 hours drive away. At home its slightly easier with GW Worcester being about a 15 minute drive, but Im glad Ive got a car as public transport is as reliable as a drunk monkey round here.

Damore
10-05-2007, 19:06
Everyone that is close to one be glad. The nearest one to where I live is in Tennessee, about 6 hours away.

Jonathais
10-05-2007, 20:08
I'm lucky in that there are arround 5 in the major cities nearby... It's just that Doncaster, both Sheffield branches and Nottingham Central and Warhammer World all take a good amount of public transport to get to.

the1stpip
10-05-2007, 20:45
Please don't tell me that is there on the 30th weekend? :mad:

Bang goes any chance of anyone outside of the WPS getting a white dwarf model then! :rolleyes:

Sorry, can you not go to the town centre GW?

Crazy Harborc
10-05-2007, 20:48
I learned something new. Apparently my closest GW store is in Nashville which is about 3½ hours away. I thought it was Chicago at 5 hours.

That's handy to know, but I'll still end up shopping at a local independent store that's 20 minutes away.

Then...there's The St.Louis Mills location in Hazelwood Missouri. Come on down! West(?) to Hwy 270 (in Missouri) then zip onto 370 in St.Louis County. It's in the only mall right by the highway (370):D

It's on one of the flood plains that were UNDER water in 93.:eek:

silence
10-05-2007, 22:41
Mine is Cambridge UK, which is a pretty cool store, i work in the city so sometimes go in there during my lunch breaks. However since i do alot of my shopping in peterboro i go into that one as well occasionally

Canadian_Khan
10-05-2007, 23:22
Downtown Montreal... or "Downtown" Laval if we can all it a downtown, are each less than 30minutes away from my house...

No THERE YOU GO!

Welf VIII.
10-05-2007, 23:50
Exactly what it says on the tin, where is your local games workshop? Mine is liverpool and anyone else going to the white dwarf party there contact me.

In Hamburg there are two GW stores, but normally I visit an independent store. The atmosphere is more familiar and not so much focused on selling stuff.

BTW: Great that the Toffees qualified for Europe. It's a grand old team ...:)

Goldenwolf
11-05-2007, 01:59
In Los Angeles we have several to choose from, including local RT stores. For me the Northridge CA store is closest, with Knight-Ware, Game Empire Pasadena, and Game to Beat being within driving range.

The GW store is hard to beat for bits orders if you can't get them on EBay, and now that they have started giving away old models as prizes for events, it's actually fun to go there and play something.

Zink
11-05-2007, 05:10
Mine is Regina, Saskatchewan. But I'm informed that it's on the chopping block. So next nearest store is Calgary, Alberta. That's 800 km from me! Sad to see the store go but it won't be a huge effect on me as I already buy most of my stuff online for cheaper.

Bob5000
11-05-2007, 08:44
Curse you Jedi and your nearness... :D

Anyway, mine's the one in Hemel... About half an hour on the bus...

Hemel Hempstead ?
Mine too.. though it isn't actually the closest to me

UltimateNagash
11-05-2007, 10:13
It's the nearest, I think - maybe Watford though...

maze ironheart
11-05-2007, 10:16
The closest GW store near me is Chelmsford.

DhaosAndy
11-05-2007, 10:35
GW Kensington, London, UK.

(20 mins walking or 5 mins on the 28 or 328 bus) :D

Angelwing
11-05-2007, 15:04
GW Peterborough. I'm there on average every other week for vets night.
Its half hour drive away.

Dendo Star
11-05-2007, 15:17
Franklin Mills mall, Philadelphia.

I am moving very close to it soon!

Lander
11-05-2007, 15:24
We have a local Comic shop I go to its mainly 40k based, so no warhammer for me. The nearest GW is in Springfield, Virginia.

Darnok
11-05-2007, 16:29
Well, at the moment my nearest store is GW Durham, as I study here for an Erasmus-year.

My "usual" stores are GW Berlin 1 and 2, as Berlin is where I live.

Aflo
11-05-2007, 22:10
I'll be the first to mention my own gaming store - GW Bristol (Central although the one at Cribbs isn't too far).
Regards
Aflo (Adam)

hivetyrant333
12-05-2007, 20:58
I have two,

Lincoln during term time and Peterborough at home.

Mine is Cambridge UK, which is a pretty cool store, i work in the city so sometimes go in there during my lunch breaks. However since i do alot of my shopping in peterboro i go into that one as well occasionally

GW Peterborough. I'm there on average every other week for vets night.
Its half hour drive away.

Wow, mine's Peterborough too! I'm planning on going to Vets' Night regularly after I get a decent amount of stuff painted, so I might see one of you there!

Oh, and Aenarion - my sister is in Lincoln during term time too! :eek: You're not actually her are you, secretly playing WH without telling me? :p

EDIT: Angelwing, you posted in my project log! You might actually get to see my stuff in the flesh, although it probably won't be the most amazing painting you've ever seen... :cries:

Sylass
12-05-2007, 21:11
There's a GW 10-15 Minutes away from me in Essen. But I'm barely known there...I'll probably visit them next week in order to be one of the anonymous guys buying a ticket for the GD in August. :)

There are even more stores within 1 hour reach: Düsseldorf (Drakenburg), Dortmund, Oberhausen, Köln...

There's a serious lack of time preventing me from being part of the hobby at the moment, but I'll hopefully be back some day. :skull:

Aenarion
12-05-2007, 23:35
Wow, mine's Peterborough too! I'm planning on going to Vets' Night regularly after I get a decent amount of stuff painted, so I might see one of you there!

Oh, and Aenarion - my sister is in Lincoln during term time too! :eek: You're not actually her are you, secretly playing WH without telling me? :p

EDIT: Angelwing, you posted in my project log! You might actually get to see my stuff in the flesh, although it probably won't be the most amazing painting you've ever seen... :cries:

You stumbled onto my lipstick wearing addiction, damn it! Can't say I play down at vets night, me and Fenriz usually go paint in there on thursday, or at least will do again when I get back.

swordwind
12-05-2007, 23:43
GW Stoke. Though I havent been in for months.

Gimp
12-05-2007, 23:50
Everyone that is close to one be glad. The nearest one to where I live is in Tennessee, about 6 hours away.

LOL

I feel your pain but I think I have it worst. I dont have a GW store in my continent.

man this sucks.

Andyroo
13-05-2007, 00:37
GW Swansea is closest to me.... yay

Wise Guy Sam
13-05-2007, 10:26
GW 'chaddy' in victoria, Australia. Wish they would get some real game tables in there. Oh well its back to the bedroom floor with my bed up againts the wall. God i hope it never falls....

The Dark One
13-05-2007, 12:20
Eastbournes my local store about 14 miles away

skott4991
13-05-2007, 12:28
Birmingham (u.k), 15 mins on the train, trains every 10 mins.

Rider-Of-Kurnous
13-05-2007, 16:00
Meadowhall, Sheffield, Nottingham and warhammer world are all close to me

DarthBinky
13-05-2007, 17:01
I'm in southern Maine, so the nearest ones to me appear to be in downtown Boston, which is about two hours and about $5 in tolls away. I've never been to any, I usually just go to IR's around here, mainly one around Portland area.

The only GW store I've actually been in was the one in central Munich when I was living in Austria a few years ago. I got some German WD's just so I could prove I was actually there. :)

Darnok
13-05-2007, 17:54
I might add: over the years I did see quite a few GW stores, by just visiting one when I was in the town. So far I've visited the following: Berlin 1, 2 & 3 (obvious, I live there), Stuttgart, Leipzig (both Germany), London (only the one in Oxford Street), Canterbury (the first GW store I went in ever), Newcastle, Durham, and Edinburgh. Makes me quite a GW store tourist I think. :D

Cill
13-05-2007, 19:59
City Centre, Dublin :D

Crazy Harborc
13-05-2007, 23:22
I would like to visit a bunker. As to other regular GW stores......I've been told the one at St.Louis Mills is a very good one.

A LONG time friend and I are starting to lobby our wifes to hit the UK in 08 or 09. We keep trying to tell tham there's more shopping in Nottingham;)

Angelwing
14-05-2007, 03:31

Seems to be a few peterborough regulars who are closet warseer's!

Oh, and will crush your tau under my boots/hooves/treads depending on what army the dice choose for me!