PDA

View Full Version : An Ork or Gobbo big boss tooled effectively..

Da Black Gobbo
09-05-2007, 19:13
Hi everybody, i open this post to know how you get your bosses to the battle field, some ideas to do them efective in CC or good leaders here is my contribution:

-Savage Big boss: another choppa, light armour, Imbad's jaw_111 points

what we get? a WS6 Str 5 on the first turn and 5 killing blow attacks. cheap and efective, someone whant to put here his ideas?

Countblah
09-05-2007, 19:22
Im sorry to be saying this but can a savage orc boss carry light armour?

BLAH

Da Black Gobbo
09-05-2007, 21:00
Well spanish army book says so don't know english version.

klinktastic
09-05-2007, 23:14
They can wear Light Armor.

Ozzy Orc
10-05-2007, 08:23
And a Savage orc bigboss have WS5 ;)

Skip light armour.. 6+ AS is noting..

Instead to take Iron Gnashas you can take Ulag's akrit axe :)
WS5 Str5 4A re-roll to hit :)

But with Gnashas you should challange :)

MadJackMcJack
10-05-2007, 10:21
Or take Martog's Best Basha. WS6 S5 all the time and I4 for dealing with those pesky humies.

And why buy light armour? He already has warpaint, and lets face it, it's rare for a 6+ armour save to actually be used.

Braad
10-05-2007, 10:41
Not long ago I decapitated an exalted champion of chaos using the iron gnasha's...
But it needs a bit of luck and the right enemy in front of you. Its pretty useless against an ogre kingdoms army, I guess...

I also like the +1T armour.

That 6+ armour save might just save you the odd wound from a lost arrow that had otherwise killed your 100 points boss...

My all time favourite in the Magic weapons section is the one that gives +1S and +1A for each enemy character in the vicinity.
A couple of weeks ago I played a game were I equipped my Warboss with it, and just happened to get in combat with some hero dude and a paymaster, and also a sorcerer standing nearby...
7 S8 attacks is instant death for everything!
Needless to say, I easily won this combat, which involved 7 units and 4 characters total.

forthegloryofkazadekrund
10-05-2007, 16:03
on my night goblin warboss i have best basha for 15 points its awsome - 3 stat upgrades!!! iron gnashas mmm kb and the amulet of protectyness for those close encounters with heavy brigades

Brother Siccarius
10-05-2007, 18:05
Not long ago I decapitated an exalted champion of chaos using the iron gnasha's...
But it needs a bit of luck and the right enemy in front of you. Its pretty useless against an ogre kingdoms army, I guess...

I also like the +1T armour.

That 6+ armour save might just save you the odd wound from a lost arrow that had otherwise killed your 100 points boss...

My all time favourite in the Magic weapons section is the one that gives +1S and +1A for each enemy character in the vicinity.
A couple of weeks ago I played a game were I equipped my Warboss with it, and just happened to get in combat with some hero dude and a paymaster, and also a sorcerer standing nearby...
7 S8 attacks is instant death for everything!
Needless to say, I easily won this combat, which involved 7 units and 4 characters total.

Shagga's Screamin' Sword, and it keeps getting better as the points of the games go up. At 2000 points, you're looking at a maximum of 4 extra attacks at +4 strength. At 1000 points you're looking at a max of +3 attacks at +3 strength.

My favorite list to use this against is a Lizardman southlands list. Consider the amount of extra attacks and strength I just mentioned, and double it.