PDA

View Full Version : 2000 SoC Daemonic Legion your opinions please

kris.sherriff
10-05-2007, 06:32
Hi all,
Want to do something different once I have finished my empire army and don't think I have ever seen a Daemonic Legion fielded. I am not after an ultra cheese army or anything just something different that I have to think about using properly. This is about my 4Th or 5Th attempt at a list, I really wanted to fit Be'lakor in but I think he needs to wait for 3000 points? anyway here is the list constructive (and random) criticism welcome.

2000 Pts - Daemonic Legion

1 Exalted Daemon @ 350 Pts
General; Mark of Chaos Undivided; Magic Level 2
Radiance of Dark Glory

1 Daemonic Herald of Khorne (Battle Standard Bearer) @ 280 Pts
Mark of Khorne; Greater Icon of Chaos
Juggernaut of Khorne
Armor of Khorne
War Banner

1 Daemonic Herald of Tzeentch @ 220 Pts
Mark of Tzeentch
Spell Breaker

6 Furies @ 90 Pts

15 Bloodletters @ 325 Pts
Musician; Standard Bearer; Blood howler; Unholy Icon

13 Horrors @ 244 Pts
Champion Magic Level 1

6 Flesh Hounds @ 96 Pts

6 Flamers @ 150 Pts

3 Bloodcrushers @ 240 Pts

Total Roster Cost: 1995

Vorgrak ChosenOfUndivided
10-05-2007, 11:21
Radiance of dark glor is a waste seeing as all daemons in the Legions amy have a regular ward save, try one of the dark idols(i think thats what they are called). I'm not surebut I think you have to have one true core for each other daemonic squad, so you would need 2 more bloodletter squads?

kris.sherriff
10-05-2007, 12:31
Radiance of dark glor is a waste seeing as all daemons in the Legions amy have a regular ward save, try one of the dark idols(i think thats what they are called). I'm not surebut I think you have to have one true core for each other daemonic squad, so you would need 2 more bloodletter squads?

I went for Radiance of dark glory as it means I suffer 1 less wound from instability which I thought could be usefull.

The true core rule means that if you field one unit of say Bloodletters you can field one Khorne core unit, one Khorne special unit and one Khorne rear unit, in this case I took the Bloodletters to allow me to take the flesh hounds and the Bloodcrushers and the Horrors let me take the flamers. furies are 0-1 per undivided hero/lord taken.

theDarkGeneral
10-05-2007, 15:23
Greetings kris.sheriff...I too play the Daemonic Legions, since back in 4th Edition, so I have some thoughts for you...

*Be'lakor: A great looking model, and very powerful...his ability to give a -1 to all Shooting at ALL your Daemons is probably the strongtest asset...however, he is very pricey points wise, and if/when he dies, it's a huge points shift...as you've already alluded to, he works best in a 3,000pts setting...

*Exatled Daemon: I've been using him as my general lately to save points for more troops...keep him Lvl 1 and Diabolic Splendour and Spell Breaker are musts...Radiance of Dark Glory sounds good on paper, but in reality it's not that great...forces you to keep him nearby fighty units, and you really don't want to do that with this model...

*Daemonic Herald of Khorne: Can be a great looking model, but tough to use without a partner in crime...I've found that 2 Daemonic Heralds of Khorne are pretty cool, since they can back each other up during forced Frenzy Charges...however, for his points cost, you could get a full unit of 16 Bloodletters...I'd rather have the Bloodletters myself...

*Daemonic Herald of Tzeentch: A waste of points really, esepcially since riding the Disc counts as being a Large Target...save the points for units...

*Chaos Furies: Great unit!...I'd recommend 10 models strong...

*Bloodletters: Great unit as well...one more model is themed...

*Horrors: Good unit, but 18 is themed, and much more powerful for Spell casting

*Flesh Hounds: Good unit...8 models is themed and lasts longer throughout a game...

*Flamers: Great unit...9 models is themed, and much more devastating...trust me!

*Bloodcrushers: Rock hard hitters, and not bad at recieving a charge...don't let them get flanked!

Hope this helps some...