PDA

View Full Version : Started fantasy: HOC 1000pts

Horus0001
10-05-2007, 13:49
Ive recently decided to start fantasy (everyone moved away from 40k and i cant really play myself:eek: ).

Ive been playing some 1k games with dark elves but then i moved along to hordes of chaos. I bought the following list and played 3 games with it, which i lost 2 of due to lack of ranged and manuverability, and one 1 due to both sorcerers having confagation (bye bye 1 unit a turn).

What im really looking for is opinions for tweaking the list a bit ;)

Heroes

Chaos Sorcerer: 120
Sorcerer: level 2 upgrade

Chaos Sorcerer: 120
Sorcerer: level 2 upgrade

Core

Chaos Warriors: 270
15 warriors – hand weapons, shields, musician, standard-bearer
Champion – hand weapon, shield

Chaos Warriors: 270
15 warriors – hand weapons, shields, musician, standard-bearer
Champion – hand weapon, shield

Chaos Marauders: 121
15 Marauders: hand weapons, shields, musician, standard-bearer
Chieftain: hand weapon, shield

Marauder horsemen: 98
7 Marauder horsemen: spears

err...yeh...in haste i posted in the wrong section, awesome...

E-Dog
30-05-2007, 16:25
Drop the warriors, my lists used to look like that when I first started, then I got tired of watching 300pts. slowly trudge across the board only to get blasted by a volly gun. I hate expensive infantry. Put those points into a couple units of knights.

Lord of Skulls
30-05-2007, 20:00
I don't know how much you want to change the list, but here are a couple of ideas:

- Drop some of the Warriors, as they are very slow and expensive. Taking one unit of 12 with Shields, Halberds and Command Group might work.

- I'd give the Marauders Light armour, and probably boost them up to 20 or 25.

- I'd also keep the Marauder Horsemen at minimum size, and rather take several units. I also think Flails are a better option that spears. Oh, and a Musician here would be good, as they are only ld7 and will probably be fleeing quite often.

- Chosen Knights are awesome... At 275 pts for 5 with Full Command they are (IMHO) easily the best unit available in a HoC army.

- And one last... Chaos Spawns wonderful. Especially with the Mark of Slaanesh for extra mobility. They can tie up str 3 units almost indefinitely...

Hope that helps you a little. Of course, feel free to completely disregard any or all of my points if they do not match your style of play;)

(And if you PM a mod they'll move the thread for you.)

eagletsi1
31-05-2007, 16:56
Mods please move this link as this is what happen before to close the previous forum. (It got cluttered with non battle reports)

Thanks,

eagletsi