PDA

View Full Version : 1000pts HOC list

Horus0001
10-05-2007, 15:51
Ive recently decided to start fantasy (everyone moved away from 40k and i cant really play myself :eek: ).

Ive been playing some 1k games with dark elves but then i moved along to hordes of chaos. I bought the following list and played 3 games with it, which i lost 2 of due to lack of ranged and manuverability, and won 1 due to both sorcerers having confagation (bye bye 1 unit a turn).

What im really looking for is opinions for tweaking the list a bit

Heroes

Chaos Sorcerer: 120
Sorcerer: level 2 upgrade

Chaos Sorcerer: 120
Sorcerer: level 2 upgrade

Core

Chaos Warriors: 270
15 warriors – hand weapons, shields, musician, standard-bearer
Champion – hand weapon, shield

Chaos Warriors: 270
15 warriors – hand weapons, shields, musician, standard-bearer
Champion – hand weapon, shield

Chaos Marauders: 121
15 Marauders: hand weapons, shields, musician, standard-bearer
Chieftain: hand weapon, shield

Marauder horsemen: 98
7 Marauder horsemen: spears

Martyr
11-05-2007, 15:36
First question, what mark are you thinking about? Using Conflagration of Doom you were using them as undivided, but is there a mark that really stands out to you? Having 2 sorcerers I'd like to suggest Slaanesh, arguably the best lore in the game.

...which i lost 2 of due to lack of ranged and manuverability...

Enter the Chaos warriors. In a list this size your warriors are all wasted points in my opinion. Their cost FAR outweighs their worth. Both of those units at 270 are more than half your total points. I would concider getting rid of them and putting in some more marauders, maybe 2x25 units, they will give you good solid combat resolution which is where most battles are won. Chosen Chaos Knights are also arguably your best unit in the HoC list. With a 1+ armor save and 2 attacks each they can chew through most units with ease, especially if given the mark of Khorne. They also hit the board with a HUGE target sign on them, they attract more attention then a naked super model running through a gamesday event. So you are going to need screens, things that catch bullets and spells, for a 1000 pt army I would suggest war hounds, if you can squeeze them in then I would suggest a beast herd or 2. Beast herds can actually win combat, fight in 2 ranks and get rank bonus.

You can never go wrong with some horsemen in an army I like to run 2 of them on either side of my Knights, points allowing, with a nice sized beast herd running in front of them.

Just a few suggestions. Welcome to fantasy and welcome to Chaos, keep your hands and feet inside at ALL times.

-Martyr

Horus0001
13-05-2007, 15:35
yep as you guessed its undevided at the moment.
Ive been running some more games lately and as you have said the warriors do didly squat, soaking a heall of a lot of missile fire from archers but thats about it.
After your comments im cosidering running more marauders (with light armour upgrade) and ive been noticing i am getting serverly out manouvered so might be investing in some more cavalry.

SevenSins
13-05-2007, 22:58
they attract more attention then a naked super model running through a gamesday event.

Good one :D