PDA

View Full Version : A few uncertain questions

him_15
10-05-2007, 21:11
1. Cavalry with spears get +1 strength when charging, but are standard bearer, musician and champion considered to be carrying spears as well even though they don't show the weapon?

2. A unit next to a terror causing unit needs to take a terror test at the beginning of the unit's player's turn, once it's passed the test, does it has to take another terror test again when it chagre the terror causing unit?

3. Does terror causing unit in cambat cause terror on nearby enemy who's not in combat?

4. Does Stubborn unit automatically break still when they lose to unit who cause fear/terror and outnumber them?

Atrahasis
10-05-2007, 21:15
1. Cavalry with spears get +1 strength when charging, but are standard bearer, musician and champion considered to be carrying spears as well even though they don't show the weapon?Yes.

2. A unit next to a terror causing unit needs to take a terror test at the beginning of the unit's player's turn, once it's passed the test, does it has to take another terror test again when it chagre the terror causing unit?No. Each unit takes only one terror test per game.

3. Does terror causing unit in cambat cause terror on nearby enemy who's not in combat?Yes, assuming they have not yet taken a terror test.

4. Does Stubborn unit automatically break still when they lose to unit who cause fear/terror and outnumber them?Yes, but they have recourse to Insane Courage as normal (as do all troops).

Festus
11-05-2007, 05:31
Hi

Just to elaborate: You just take one Terror Test per unit and game, the rest is taken as a Fear test instead...

Festus

T10
11-05-2007, 07:05
So a unit starting close Terror causing model may need to take a Terror test (start of the turn) and then a Fear test when declaring the charge, all in the same turn.

-T10

Wadders
11-05-2007, 07:11
So a unit starting close Terror causing model may need to take a Terror test (start of the turn) and then a Fear test when declaring the charge, all in the same turn.

-T10

Yes you do.

T10
11-05-2007, 07:56
Yes. It was a statement, not a question: hence the lack of question marks.

-T10

EvC
11-05-2007, 12:24
Well it's such a good point that it can't hurt to re-iterate it! I don't think I've ever been in that situation, though I'm sure some of my opponents would give me dirty looks if I made them follow the rules like that. Still, at least this isn't 6th edition where I've had to make opponents take two panic and fear tests for being charged whilst in combat :)