PDA

View Full Version : Large brood management

Ubercarp
11-05-2007, 01:46
I'm having trouble with my larger broods of gaunts and stealers getting bogged down and performing poorly due to to few models being in range, etc. What is the best way to manage larger (15+, I can use the advice for crusader squads as well) units. Should they spread out and move as a wave? With the gaunts is it better to deploy the unit in a wide line, maybe two rows deep?

onnotangu
11-05-2007, 04:21
teardrop formations. the small end should be pointed close to synapse.

lars4life
11-05-2007, 04:35
I agree, you want to keep most of the brood in front, and have fewer toward the back, to help keep your broods in the synapse network. I never though about it looking like a teardrop, but thats a nice visual onnotangu. Remember you don't have to have a neat battle line in 40K. I mean it looks nice and works for most armies, just no so much in the swarms. Just don't make yourself too vulnerable to templates

lars4life
11-05-2007, 04:48
Keep in mind, that its not always best to get as many of the gaunts in cc as possible. If your facing a superior unit that will chew them up, get as few stuck in the charge as possible. That way they tie up the unit longer & they block LOS in a larger area to screen better units (ie stealers). If you keep in synapse you don't have to worry about them running.

Nabeshin1106
11-05-2007, 04:49
make sure that you have a couple guys in synapse range, then have them wave out towards the enemy. If you have space, spread them out so they're not so vulnerbale to templates, but if you have too many, just keep em together and get them up the table as fast as you can.