PDA

View Full Version : Supplements you would like to see.

ozzfan
11-05-2007, 10:45
As the title says: What Supplements would you like to see?

I think a 2nd age supplement would be interesting, what with The Last Alliance being a major event in the history of middle earth.
It might even give us rules for Elven Cavalry!

Mars
11-05-2007, 11:02
It's on the way: it's been a popular topic for ages, so perhaps it'll be the next supplement (after Minas Tirith), so possibly it'll be released by the end of the year already.

ChrisLS
11-05-2007, 16:47
I know it isn't in Legions, but I would LOVE to see more options for the Numenoreans. If Isildur and Elendil can be mounted, could we see MORE 2nd Age men mounted?

As for other supplements, I'd like to see a true Hobbit supplement, with rules for Misty Mountain goblins, storm giants, the 12 Dwarves, Beorn, Bard and the Lakemen, and maybe even a barrel rolling scenario... :p

Stormtrooper Clark
11-05-2007, 19:23
I'd love to see a Lothlorien suppliment which we of course will sicne theres some ncie stuff in the LoME but i hope it's the next one (After GiF)

Mars
11-05-2007, 19:31
on Lothlorien, I do fervently hope they'll give the Galadhrim some extra rules (it seems to be implied, since they're the only ones who got their own name)

Some guy (UK)
11-05-2007, 20:22
Whilst there, they could redo the plastic Wood elves. They were utterly dissapointing. In fact, all the elf releases from that book.

Personally? The upcomming High elf/Eradior expansion is my main desire, and the next two releases- ROTK and Gondor in Flames look interesting also.

Gondorian
12-05-2007, 00:22
I'm looking forward to see the Rohan/Dunlund supplement, with Helm Hammerhand and the Dunlending riders. Make Dunlend an even greater army with more options, the current models are pretty damn good.

Murray the Demonic Skull
12-05-2007, 01:10
The men of Numenor didn't ride horses to war. It is mentioned in Unfinished tales of iddle earth and numenor that due to the comparative rarity and worth they held horses in, Numenorians did not want to risk them in battle. That, I think is evidence enough against Numenorian cavalry

Dr Death
12-05-2007, 13:46
Evidence for cavalry or no Numenor desparately need some attention and i was extremely dissapointed for all the Numenor players out there (i personally collect a bit of everything) when they were completely left in the shade with LoME. Surely someone could have at least twigged to give them Anarion and, failing cavalry, an elite guard unit. But instead they remain second rate high elves, both in their rules and in the variety of their armies- anyone would have thought the last alliance was won solely by Gil-Galad's army!

Dr Death

Gondorian
13-05-2007, 21:28
The men of Numenor didn't ride horses to war. It is mentioned in Unfinished tales of iddle earth and numenor that due to the comparative rarity and worth they held horses in, Numenorians did not want to risk them in battle. That, I think is evidence enough against Numenorian cavalry

This issue cropped up on the games workshop threads, before they closed, a long while back. Someone mentioned a quote about numenorians using horsmen as scouts and messengers in the field of war. I don't know where this quoted from and cannot remember who said it so take with a pinch of salt. Maybe someone else can clarify.