PDA

View Full Version : Multiple cannon problems

FatOlaf
11-05-2007, 13:06
Just to confirm if a cannon manned by a single crew member were to fire and then misfire causing the 'miss a turn' result, would it miss the next two turns?
1 for the misfire and 1 for having only a single crew member or would it not matter and only be one turn...

We played it as it would miss 2 turns...

DeathlessDraich
11-05-2007, 13:14
Not exactly sure of the question.
1) If the second roll on the artillery dice is a misfire, the cannon is buried in the ground. The misfire chart is not used in this case.
2) If the first artillery dice misfires and a 2-3 is rolled, the cannon cannot fire in this turn or the next. No crew is lost unlike the Stone thrower.

Sorry just read - one crew only. In which case, the cannon fires 2 turns after.

Atrahasis
11-05-2007, 13:15
That's the way I would play it as well; effectively the misfire makes the cannon miss its next opportunity to fire.

This view is supported by the way TK incantations affect misfiring catapults.

Braad
11-05-2007, 13:29
I think you both are getting it wrong. What I think what he means is, that if a cannon has only one crew member, then it may only fire once every two turns... correct?
If then that one crew member does something wrong and it misfires, and then the result that is rolled is: cannot shoot this or next turn.

Being able to fire only once every second turn and also may not fire this turn and next, indeed means not firing for two turns to come. That's how I would do it.

WLBjork
11-05-2007, 13:32
Check page 85, last paragraph where the effects of lost crew are discussed.

It states clearly that penalties due to lack of crew are in addition to penalties from misfire results.

FatOlaf
11-05-2007, 13:53
aah yes seen, good so we played it right, just thought I would check,, thanks guys...

T10
11-05-2007, 14:30
We treat warmachine as firing at "best effect". That is: the number of crew still attached to the warmachine immediately after firing a shot determines wether it will be shooting "every turn" or "every other turn".

E.g.: a cannon loses two crew before his first turn. It may then fire on turns 1, 3, and 5. If each shot it fires is a misfire requiring the cannon to miss a turn then it fires on turns 1 and 4.

-T10