PDA

View Full Version : help with lizardmen

Colonel Avain
11-05-2007, 22:21
ive been trying to make a balanced army for lizardmen that has about 500 points. i can easily field twice that many, but i cant make an army to play smaller games because every time ive tried to create a 500 pt army i end up 100 pts off. saurus are just too expensive, and although skinks are cheap, there worthless when it comes to carnage and action. also skink priests are great to carry around, but the scar-veteren is pratically required because of his awsome stats as a hero choice. mabey if i take away some saurus, but even still i cant seem to find a way to make it balanced.

any help would be great

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our lives are short, the emperors however is immortal - last words of sargeant Gent serullian 16th armoured unit medusa V.

Aelyn
11-05-2007, 22:58
If you're looking for a POWERFUL army, Skinks are excellent. In such small games, it's rare the opponent will have anything that can effectively deal with them. Two Salamanders, three units of Skinks and a Scar-Veteran will basically mow down anything in your path.

However this army, while very strong, is not very... fun.

My advice? Two units of ten Saurus (they're good enough to win combats in that small units, take musician and one of the other two command), two units of ten Skinks and a level 2 Priest. 496 points. Powerful, flavourful, no-one'll complain and it should be fairly enjoyable.

Toby
13-05-2007, 19:03
give your scar vet charm of jaguar warrior he can take out lone characters or small units by himself also if you have the points BSO sotex and Quetzl +light armour and shield 2+ save 5 attacks on charge at S5 with an 18 charge range. well worth the points

Theldrad
13-05-2007, 19:22
my advice... take skinks, poisonous, skirmishers so you can move out of the way of enemy regiments. skinks are nimble and can be taken down by fast cavalry or shooting so perhaps some saurus to help them. i take a saurus general with cloak of feathers to go that extra foot or so further

C/-Rt3r
14-05-2007, 01:55
Umm...you cant put that cloak on a Saurus character only on skinks.