PDA

View Full Version : 2nd list, 2000 points dark elves.

Timk1111
12-05-2007, 11:04
Gday,

Ive already posted one list, but I have this 2nd one which i quite like. All help appreciated:

H - Sorceress - 175
-General, Level 2, Darkstar Cloak, Powerstone

H - Sorceress - 192
Level 2, Dark steed, 2x Powerstone

H - Assassin - 179
Addit hand weapon, Rune of Khaine, Manbane

C - 20x Warriors - 185
Shields, Full command

C - 12x Warriors - 144
RxBows, shield

C - 18x Corsairs - 205
Full command, Warbanner

C - 5x Dark riders - 127
RxBows, Musician

S - 6x Coldone Knights - 245
Standard, Champion, Standard od Slaughter

S - 14x With elves - 231
Standard, Champion, Witchbrew

S - 8x Shades

R - 2x Reaper bolt thrower.

Total - 1995

Regards, Tim

Gimp
12-05-2007, 11:41
I good list.

I really like the Assassin but maybe give him killing blow to kill characters but ha what ever.

But I would give your Knights the banner of Murder as it gives them the edge over other heavy cavalry (a possible 20 inch charge).

Just wondering what are you magic lore are you gonna take.

Timk1111
12-05-2007, 20:24
Thanks for the reply, dude.

The sorceress on foot will go for daeth or shaddow magic. Sorceress on horse Dark magic. All lores are useful, and i love dark magic, so the horse is to counter the short range.

I was thinking o fthe banner of murder, but i wasnt sure, since its not much good charging if you cant win the combat. With the banner of slaughter, the have a chance at charging a unit, breaking it, and ending up behind enemy line, where they can cause real trouble.

Regards, Tim

druchii7
12-05-2007, 23:03
the most important...

how are you going to play it??

Timk1111
12-05-2007, 23:48
Hmmmm..

Well, depending on the opponent, the assassin will usually hide in the Corsairs of warriors, but against an artilery army, i may use him as a scout. Again, depends what my opponent has.

The mounted soreceress will go with the dark riders. Join only if she has too, but mainly the give her cover as she gets close enough to use her Dark magic.

Other than the shooting component (shades, crossbowelves, reapers) ill try to be aggressive.

But i usually play by ear. Think about what units will target what enemies and how it need to be done, and then try to do it.

Hope this helps.

Regards, Tim

Timk1111
12-05-2007, 23:50
Also, list has been updated.

I changed the Warbanner for another powerstone. Small, but it was just bugging me that i had no lord choices ( i usually take one..) so the extra powerstone (compared to my 1500 point list, i mean) was the trade off.

Tim