PDA

View Full Version : What are you doing to get ready for apocolypse

kaimarion
12-05-2007, 21:38
What kind of expansions and plans do you have for your arm/army's for the upcoming apocolypse.

Hlokk
12-05-2007, 21:46
I plan to have 500 marines by the end of the year. My friend is doing another 500.

lord_blackfang
12-05-2007, 21:50
Saving money for the plastic super-heavies. As display pieces only - I couldn't care less about HUEG BATTLES OMG!!! There's Epic for that.

superknijn
12-05-2007, 21:56
Uhm, it's not a worldwide campaign or something :wtf:
This years Worldwide campaign is the Nemesis Crown, and it's for Warhammer Fantasy.

I myself try to save up for the book and a Baneblade, and I'll have extra funds from the 'Get Superknijn a copy of Spore' World Fund, as Spore's not due to be released the fiscal year of 2009. (that is, early 2008)

Rabid Bunny 666
12-05-2007, 21:56
Trying to find the template i had for RT era Land Raiders, and making a fair few of those ready for gunz.

Mojaco
12-05-2007, 21:58
Painting more basic grunts for my armies, as otherwise massed heavy support looks retarded :)

Bloodknight
12-05-2007, 22:06
I´ll buy a Baneblade. I own enough normal models for Apocalypse games, I think.
Also, the new Chaos codex awaits...

Straken the immortal
12-05-2007, 22:08
wat acctually is apocolypse??? Is it a new set of rules????

DragonPup
12-05-2007, 22:08
More Sisters. And if the FOC is expanded, perhaps another Exorcist. Or two.

untimention
12-05-2007, 22:13
time it comes around there will be new models a plenty and re rules... no point getting ready cause of the delay

golembane
12-05-2007, 22:16
Honestly, not doing anything.

CoD and Apoc are both off shoot codexs that don't effect my groups gameplay enough to warrant purchasing them. We stick to around 1500 points and desert/jungle boards of various types about 9/10 games.

Coasty
12-05-2007, 22:26
Thousands and thousands of Orks, grots and squigs. Let's see how MEQ's do against a 500-squig fungus army of death!

Light of the Emperor
12-05-2007, 22:27
I too won't do anything using the new rules, but I sure as hell am picking up a baneblade and whatever other goodies come out.

PrinnySquad
12-05-2007, 22:50
Nothing.
Not enough money.

Cirenivel
12-05-2007, 23:17
Going on as usual... I just can't seem to find a reason to get all worked up about for. I also has other things on my mind (building my new chaos army in one go).

Cirenivel

Carlos
12-05-2007, 23:19
Gievn my average battle is 4000pts now, Im cant wait for some rules to go with them.

12-05-2007, 23:21
baneblade and sisters of battle to go with my emperial armies (mabey eventually some grey knights)

kaimarion
12-05-2007, 23:28
sorry but this has to be added HALO 3 beta starts this Wensday at 9.00am

To add I am expanding my chaos army greatly for apocolypse--am buying all my stuff at games day. :)

Lord Inquisitor
12-05-2007, 23:28
This summer, I want to get 5,000 points of 40K Slaanesh Chaos painted, including Emperor's Children, LATD and a Feral Titan. I was going to do that anyway, but Apocalypse seems like as good a reason as any.

Nabeshin1106
13-05-2007, 00:19
My Tyranids are getting some new additions. New Carnifexes, more Stealers, maybe some mid-sized friends as well. Saving money for the possible Trygon and plastic Gargoyles.

Bunnahabhain
13-05-2007, 00:20
Painting more Guardsmen, Too many is not possible. Painting more tanks. Too many is not possible.

Imperial Navy support arriving next week. Am determined to have the 'very very frighting' list done in time, with it's Thunderbolts and Lightning. And a Valkyrie or two if I'm feeling rich.

studderigdave
13-05-2007, 00:51
nothing is changing in our gaming group. mega battles (20,000 point battles) are common, we dont need a new shiny book to tell us how to kill people, weve been using titans and heavies for years. only thing im lookin forward to is new models.

Xyxox
13-05-2007, 01:23
I'm putting together the entire 3rd company of the Dark Angels Chapter(complete witrh Rhinos and Razorbacks). I'll be adding support vehicles such as a few Predators, Vindicators, Land Raiders, and Whirlwinds. I'm also doing about a third of the Ravenwing and between a third and half of the Deathwing (with Land Raiders). I'll also do a complete command group for Azrael and will probably add a Damocles for sheer cool factor.

Gaius_Baltar
13-05-2007, 01:29
I'm preparing a mass Death Korps of Krieg mechanized army. Gonna fit in tonns of basiliks' and storm troopers with melta bombs, and good tank and monstrous creature killers.

Iron_Wolves
13-05-2007, 02:50
Well my army (the VIRUS) are going to infected some more chaos and imperial troops, and those that do not survive will be turned into zombies. The only unit that we can not convert is the Tzeentch.

I will be stopping by the Memphis store to get some forgeworld stuff and increasing my LatD army to 10,000 pts :)

carlisimo
13-05-2007, 03:19
Wait what is this? What's going on?

MaliGn
13-05-2007, 03:38
absolutely nothing. I still think that despite forgeworld producing very pretty modles and setting precedents and all that, that anything bigger than a land raider/monolith belongs in a game of epic, so for that kind of army I woulkd play epic, for a 40k sized game I'd play 40k, for combat patrol I'd paly combat patrol etc, I'd rather see codex: Desert and codex: Jungle than codex: Epic at 28mm scale. Give us cities of death style variant games over deserts and jungles and daemons worlds or craftworld ar whatever, but don't make rules for 10,000 point battles, leave that scale for epic! I can't even work out the kind of table size you'd need for apocalypse games to work...

starlight
13-05-2007, 03:57
Ditto. Since GW hasn't actually told us anything about it, I can't get *ready*.:(

Oh well, I'll spend my money on other stuff...:)

chaos0xomega
13-05-2007, 05:23
Errr.... Im doing what I've been doing?

I got a 3-4k point Tyranid Godzilla list going.
I got a Tau list that I hope will oneday hold the record for single largest Tau army(including 3 Manta's)
I got 5+ SM/LatD armies in the works(temporarily on hold pending next codex)
I have a RoughRider/Krieg army planned
I have a Elysian army planned(with Inquisitorial Allies and full air support)
A 2500 pt(not including all the FW units I plan to add later) Armored Company planned
And I am currently working on a Eldar army of an undetermined points value(so far I figured out that I'm getting 1 squad of Dark Reapers, 3 10-man squads of pathfinders, a 10 man squad of wraithguard, 2 full Dire Avengers squads with Wave Serpents, and will probably fill the remaining slots with Warwalkers, Firestorms, Fire Dragons, Swooping Hawks, and Warp Spiders, and Wave Serpents wherever I can. Oh and an Autarch and full jetbike Farseer squad)

That is all more or less being pushed aside though, as I am starting a Khador army for Warmachine(thankfully it only has 10 models at 500 points, if that much...), working on a 5000 point ogre army for Fantasy, working on at least three full size game boards, 1 3-dimensional fantasy campaign map, a modular Fantasy game board(with over 20 2x2 modular pieces), and I plan on getting massive fleets for Babylon 5 ACTA and Victory at Sea to satisify my need for naval wargaming.

Gorbad Ironclaw
13-05-2007, 05:32
absolutely nothing. I still think that despite forgeworld producing very pretty modles and setting precedents and all that, that anything bigger than a land raider/monolith belongs in a game of epic, so for that kind of army I woulkd play epic, for a 40k sized game I'd play 40k, for combat patrol I'd paly combat patrol etc, I'd rather see codex: Desert and codex: Jungle than codex: Epic at 28mm scale. Give us cities of death style variant games over deserts and jungles and daemons worlds or craftworld ar whatever, but don't make rules for 10,000 point battles, leave that scale for epic! I can't even work out the kind of table size you'd need for apocalypse games to work...

Agreed. CoD seemed like a much more workable and interesting supplement than this. I found out to my great surprise that I can virtually field 3k marines, but none of us really have big armies, and titans and super heavies in 40k just doesn't do it for me. To big, impractical and expensive.

If I want to play big battles I'll get another company for my FoW British. Much more likely to see action, and works very well.

Gaius_Baltar
13-05-2007, 06:16
well, I know 2 GW employees who have alredy played a game with the apocalypse rules.
and there's no army organization restrictions at all!!
this DOES mean that you are allowed to take 1 squad of marines, and take 10,000 points in orbital bombardments!

GW is actually quite far in the development of it, and most of the time left now is being spent on refinind details, & writing the actual codex.

lanrak
13-05-2007, 06:53
Hi all.
At the moment I am laughing ,no realy I am!

A hypothetical brainstorming session at GW towers.

GW finance 'We need to sell more kits and minis to dig out of a financial pit our lack if insight has caused!'

Dev team'Well we could develop the 40k game to make it more playable and enjoyable,sort of use OUR ideas to improve the game?'

GW finance'No we will make bigger kits ,kiddies love big shiney new kits,the bigger the better!Tell them we are going to make superheavies and titans for 40k,and they will buy more minis for bigger battles!'

Dev team'But we are trying to ballance the 40k game to improve game play!'

GW finance 'Who cares about gameplay?Just hint we are making bigger kits ,and the kiddies will stock up on existing minis in anticipation,It doesnt matter how long Apocolypse takes to develop,if it works or it doesnt,we still sell more minis and models.And that gentelmen IS our CORE buisness,not making better games!

Dev team 'But the company is called GAMES WORKSHOP,we have always wanted to make our games better, but you wont let us !'

GW finance'We pay you, if you dont like what we are doing , go somwhere else!We are cutting back on staff to save money,any voulenteers?'

Dev team'OK Apocolypse it is then.'
(Why reinvent Epic in 28mm scale,*&^$ finance havent got a clue about what gamers want ,*£%"" bean counters!)

Why do I want to use the phrase 'Lions led by donkeys?'

Hohum.
This post was just for fun,Like A GW version of 'Yes Minister.'

But plaese feel free to use the roumoured Apocolypse release as an excuse to buy more GW minis and kits.GW PLC will love you for it.

TTFN
Lanrak.

Reaver83
13-05-2007, 10:07
well as it's only rumours as to whats happening i'm just going as i have done before, but the thought of a superheavy tank in my army is quite appealing

Darnok
13-05-2007, 11:44
I have some 3000+ points of Orks in different states of completion, including tanks, a scratch built Squiggoth and about 100 normal Orks plus 120 Grots. I want to get them ready for the table. Other than that: I started building a Gargant two years ago, I want to finish it over the summer. And I have to save money for the new models - there are new Orks to be bought, and a looted Baneblade, and possibly a Stompa...

Slaaneshi Slave
13-05-2007, 12:46
Finishing my Crusade. At the moment I have about 70 Tac Marines, 25 Terminators, a couple of Marine tanks, 3 Dreads, 100 Sisters of Battle, 25 Seraphim, 5 Exorcists, 8 transport vehicles for my Sisters, 60 Guardsmen and a Leman Russ. I want to triple the number of Guardsmen, add an Order Malleus detachment, a couple of Titans, and a Thunderhawk for my Sisters.

Big project.

Bolter Bait
13-05-2007, 12:53
What kind of expansions and plans do you have for your arm/army's for the upcoming apocolypse.
I've been ignoring it and plan to do so until I can look at the book and see if I'm excited or not. Plus, I already have a FW Trygon, so I'm all set (it means that I have one super-heavy or gargantuan creature more than anyone else in my neighborhood).

squiggoth
13-05-2007, 12:58
Going on as usual... I just can't seem to find a reason to get all worked up about for.

What he said. IMHO 40K is for skirmish games, Epic is for big battles, and Inquisitor is for narrative personal combats.

Snapchuck
13-05-2007, 13:03
As an Eldar player, nothing. It's not like I can go and put together an Eldar 3rd company can I? I have no idea what apocalypse thinks is a big eldar army so thanks a big suck GW, I probably won't play.

Slaaneshi Slave
13-05-2007, 13:14
Throwing your teddy out of the cot because you have to think for yourself? How amusing.

Pete - Witch Hunter
13-05-2007, 13:41
Nothing. I'm just rebuilding my IG to a shiny new 1500 point list because I wanted to. If they are releasing anything like a baneblade, I'll probably buy one, for the lulz.

Xyxox
13-05-2007, 13:59
As an Eldar player, nothing. It's not like I can go and put together an Eldar 3rd company can I? I have no idea what apocalypse thinks is a big eldar army so thanks a big suck GW, I probably won't play.

I started putting together the 3rd Company before I heard anything about Apocalypse, so doing it just sort of fits in. :)

El Presedente
13-05-2007, 14:01
Oce I've finished up my guard infantry I'll have to begin work on my tank collumn.

Shallowain
13-05-2007, 14:02
I think about getting some additional Falcons, Fire Prisms and Waveserpents as well as as Firedragons and Wraithguard. especially Wraithguard, they eat superheavies for breakfast.

Maybe some D-cannons

Aegius
13-05-2007, 14:03
I'm not really doing anything until I've had a look at the new book.I have about 1000pts of painted guard with another 200pts or so waiting to be painted, I'd like to work on this army, but at the moment, I just don't have any 'painting love', I don't want to rush this army, cos I want it to look right. Although on saying that, I am painting a hellhound for golden demon, so I'll probably use that in games after the competition itself.

My marine army is huge, I have a company plus all the trimmings, but I don't really want to use my marines in large scale battles, I just don't see that as how they work. Hopefully you'll be able to use allies in apocalypse, this is how I will use my marines if this is the case.

Eldar. I don't really want to paint any more Eldar for a loooooong time. As I already have a forgeworld scorpion and firestorm though, this would be an ideal army for me to use.

Needless to say: any new bling that comes out for these armies will be burning a hole in my wallet, I just love shiny new toys. Oh, I'll definately be buying the book anyway.

Snapchuck
13-05-2007, 14:33
Throwing your teddy out of the cot because you have to think for yourself? How amusing.

Hehe. Beats throwing my money out of the cot because I guessed wrong. GW can have all my teddy's.

Steel_Legion
13-05-2007, 14:36
I shall be finishing off this Platoon of Guard that are about 25% complete, trying to finish off my Armoured COmpany if I can be bothered, and saving for superheavies!

Sørensen
13-05-2007, 15:17
My guard army will get a lot of more guardsmen, and their inquisitorial allies will also get a boost. and i cant wait getting a baneblade

Regimental
13-05-2007, 15:26
What am I doing for apocolypse....

Finishing my guard regiment. It weighs in at almost 200+ vehicles and 850+ infantry and a whopping 33,000 points.

Who wants to play? :)

Reg!

Cirenivel
13-05-2007, 16:41
Who wants to play? :)

I!!! 33000 points of guard vs. 40k of tau!!! bring it on:D

Cirenivel

Stella Cadente
13-05-2007, 17:15
"What are you doing to get ready for apocalypse"

selling my armored company and saving my money to spend on Warmachine.

Vic
13-05-2007, 17:41
Taking out a second mortgage on the house:
"But Honey, I need another company of Marines. And a couple of Land Raider Crusaders, and another Vindicator and another ..... :) "

VanHel
13-05-2007, 18:08
*Checks his shelf* Well it looks like I have 1500 pts of Catchcans, 1500 pts of Praetoreans, 1500pts of another Guard Regiment, 2000 pts of Armoured Company, A Warhound Titan, a full company of Marines and various Inquisitional forces. Looks like I've the start of a crusade. If they release a plastic Baneblade I'll probably get one or two to start my superheavy detatchment for my Armoured Company.

Justicar_Freezer
13-05-2007, 18:32
Pretty much nothing. To be honest the thought of massive games of 40k dosen't do much for me. Though I might change my mind once I get a look at the book. Until then I have a new necron army to bring up to 2,500pts.

Seth the Dark
13-05-2007, 18:41
I'll probably buy the book but otherwise I wont be playing any games that large.

BattleofLund
13-05-2007, 19:45
I'm gonna repair the (minor) damage my 2,000 points of Death Guard have sustained since last they graced my hobby desk. May.

Then finish my 2,000 points of World Eaters with a Defiler and a fervent hope that a) Dreadnoughts will indeed be Elites in the new Codex, and b) that my 16 Mk1 Flesh Hounds will still be allowed. June, July.

I have one (1) Noise Marine converted and painted. To be realistic: no. Unfortunately, no. Regrettably, no.

Two Tzeentchian Sorcerers do not a warband make. Time, money, inclination: neither.

Undivided: will get big brush out and wipe the dust from my beaten up, part cannibalised Renegade warband. Much dust, many casualties, but doable.

That't at least 5,000 points.

Quite respectable I thought, until I read the previous posts in this thread. Ok here goes.

I will lay out all my slotta bases on a layer of newspapers. Each base will get the following treatment: dollop of superglue gel, generous pinch of random bits, PVA glue on base, basing material, coat of black spraypaint, then a layer of some drab colors with the BIGGEST frikking brush I can find.

Hopefully, I will be able to get another 1,500 points of LatD out of that.

Just kidding. I will of course allow my 'mutants' time to dry between glue, glue, paint and paint. Say a total construction time of 25 minutes per model, including drying time. ;)

victorpofa
13-05-2007, 19:47
Nothing since I still have not finished my first army. I will evaluate the book when it comes out, and the superheavies likewise. After my Wolves are done I will likely do my Orks so if a Stompa is released I will likely get that :evilgrin:

infernus31
13-05-2007, 21:26
Adding a Baneblade to my Guard, not to actually fied but to put next to army before it deploys to scare my opponent, and to place down inconspicously halfway through the battle :angel:

Stella Cadente
13-05-2007, 21:29
"What are you doing to get ready for apocalypse"

selling my armored company and saving my money to spend on Warmachine.

thats warmachine the game by the way, I ain't waisting my cash on more 40k stuff:D

BigJon
13-05-2007, 21:37
I'll be selling my Warmachine to buy a third Baneblade for my Super Heavy
tank company. ;)

BigJon

Wraithbored
13-05-2007, 21:40
Making shelf space for any Eldar releases(if there will be any) and the Trygon if it will be released.

kaimarion
13-05-2007, 22:11
Yeh I hope they release the trygon In plastic as its a pretty kick-ass model
but the baneblade has never been worth £150,theres just not enough detail to it so plastic seems much better.
Will get one for my chaos army. :)

bigred
13-05-2007, 22:19
Titan just finished up. Saving my pennies for a baneblade.

Khornies & milk
13-05-2007, 22:23
GW already get enough of my money, so I'll wait for the book and then decide if Apocalypse is even worth worrying about.
Personally I would rather see GW spending their time, effort, and dwindling financial resources on refining and updating what already exists within the
40K Universe.

I do however already have nearly 5000 points of DH, so I'm set if Apocalypse is a goer.

cheers