6 Ungors @ [24]

5 Beast Herd (Gors) @ 64 Pts
Musician
6 Ungors @ [24]

4 Dragon Ogres @ 304 Pts
Great Weapon

TheStrategist
13-05-2007, 01:59
Well, this list is illegal. Chaos Knights, regardless of whether or not they are Chosen, are a minimum of 5 per unit.

And thats just the top of the mountain.

But I'll let the others take it from here.

Chingonman
13-05-2007, 02:17
sorry its meant to be 5 but the champion entry was below the FC :P Besides I thought 4 was ok since the unit is 4+ but 5 is for the rank since there's no point in getting 4 unless you're short of models.

Timk1111
13-05-2007, 02:27
Quoted by TheStrategist

Well, this list is illegal. Chaos Knights, regardless of whether or not they are Chosen, are a minimum of 5 per unit.

And thats just the top of the mountain.

But I'll let the others take it from here.

Not true. Chaos knights are a 4+ selection. Please check your book BEFORE you post untruths, esp when you add harshness to your words..........

Anyway, on with it.

This is a very different army to what ive seen. Ill make a few suggestions for you tho.

The biggest problem i see is that your lord will have no where to hide. Units of 5+ count for 'Look out sir!' so, any bolt throwers, cannons, hand guns etc are gonna target him like nothing else. An easy 414 victory points with no ward save.

If you're gonna use beast herds, ALWAYS get a Foe Render for them. Its not just +1a, but also +1S and +1LD. Very valuable. I also think you could drop one herd to make the others bigger. To me, a perfect battle herd has 8 gors, 10 ungors, full command. I think its just right, in terms of balance (a herd too big will have trouble charging, but a herd too small will be hard pressed to get up its ranks.)

Being slaaneshi, id try to get a bit more offensive with you're magic. Get the shaman upto level 2, and add some power stones. The lore of slaanesh rocks. Maybe even make you're lord a spell caster, as exhaulted champs are still pretty damn good.

Another big one for me, is i cant really see who will be doing most of the killing, from head on anyway. 4 knights cant do it, even if chosen; herds cant do it, too small; one chariot MIGHT and the dragon ogres MIGHT. Basicly, this list lacks the solid backbone that Warriors or Marauders form. Your lord would be MUCH better off on foot, inside a unit of 25 or so maurauders with the Helm of many eyes and great weapon. You strike first, so less enemy fight back, then you get the ranks etc. This is one example of a better setup than what you have. (Not harsh, just observing).

Basicly, muck around with the support units AFTER you have some backbone. Knights can be, but should be chosen and 6-7 strong with a warbanner (this adds the rank). i use chosen knights of khorne, but they mainly supoort my warriors and beast herd.

I hope this helps. By all means try it on the battle field and see how you go, thats better than any forum.

I also wouldnt mind knowing what your basic stategy is either ;)

Regards, Tim

Chingonman
13-05-2007, 02:41
thanks Tim. I'm aiming for a mobile force the knights were always 5 but I messed up. the herds and hounds are disposable screens-bait to keep my units choosing the best battles. My lord's on a horse so he can be mobile and charge I'm thinkeng breaking large unit with at least 2 charges be that chosen-chariot or knights-ogres etc and the lord can pick weak units at the begining of the game so it can become an obsenity and back up on the late game. This is list I made by lurkin in the forums and reading various threads on tips on slaaneshi cavalry. I hope I put together the pieces correctly...

Timk1111
13-05-2007, 02:54
Im starting to see where you're comming from now.

Thing is, 7 screening units is just too many. These are units that you are basicly sending to their deaths, but its also points down the drain.

Instead of 3 small herds, you could use one big herd (like the one i mentioned, or bigger if you like) that can STILL screen, but also has a chance at combat. SUddenly, you have some kind of back bone to the force.

Also, 2 screening units of hounds will do, i think. You cant hide forever as they say, and we're only talking 1-2 turns of screening.

Now, if ive understood correctly, you're planning on running you're lord on his own. I dont think this is a good idea on just a horse. Dragon, yes. But horse, he wont have enough attack to bring down most units. You have better thing availables to target those weaker units, like chariots or beast herds, or ogres or minotaurs etc, than a 371 point model, worth 471 if hes beaten. Try and team him up with a unit. If its cav, go 6 strong at least or even 10 in two ranks for look out sir (or he might as well be in the open). Id still stick him in infantry, but thats just me.

The other way to run him is in support of your knights (or anything really..) on a Steed of Slaanesh. He'd be damn quick, so should be able to hide from missiles. Remeber the key word - support. Not many characters can go gun-ho into enemy anymore by themselves (bar a select few...)

Again, this is only what i think. Take it as you will.

Go luck, Tim.