PDA

View Full Version : WE 1000pts. Just Got Amry Book!

ironfather512
13-05-2007, 11:44
Lord/Hero
Noble
Bow
Light Amour
Elven Steed
Arcan Bodkins (or daiths reaper)
Sword of Battle
Core
12 Glade Guard
Lords Bowman
Musician
Standard

12 Glade Guard
Lords Bowman
Musician
Standard

5 Glade Riders
Musician
Standard Bearer
Horse Master
Special
6 Wardancers
Bladesinger
Musician
Rare
Treeman 285

Total 997

Highborn
13-05-2007, 12:45
Looks reasonably solid. I'd skip Arcane Bodkins - ignoring armour saves for one shot a turn isn't likely to be much good. Consider skipping the command groups on your archers - standards are just easy victory points if you're not careful with your Glade Guard. Musicians aren't bad, but if your archers are fleeing then the board's probably not in any state where they'll make a difference, in my opinion. With the points you save there, as well as cutting the horse master, consider investing in a 8-strong dryad unit. They can surround your wardancers, and soak up a turn or two of shooting (otherwise your expensive combat investment will die very quickly.)

Alternatively, drop the Sword of Battle and arm your general with the Hunter's Talon. Being able to snipe out enemy mages is always a good thing. You could even go the whole hog and take A Pageant of Shrikes as well, which means you should get a wound a turn against an average T3 mage (or pick off war machine crews, unit champions, etc).

Cpt_NinjaPants
13-05-2007, 14:17
Never take more than 10 Glade Guard, or they become useless. As for Wardancers bump it up to 7-8. Also on the Glade guard, they should NEVER be in HTH so drop the musician, champ, and banner. Pic up a spellslinger for some magic defense.

Other than ALL that, it seems good for friendly games.

god octo
13-05-2007, 16:43
As mentioned before, glade guard and glade riders should not have full command- a musician at most, otherwise they are surrendering excess points. Also, magic defence is a good thing to have, so I would possibly swap the noble for a mage, or get a branchwraithe.