PDA

View Full Version : Finally commiting to switching

redbaron998
13-05-2007, 19:24
Hey, well in a month I am buying skull pass (need 2 armies so I can give my future college mates something to use) and Dwarfs are my Favorite so it works.

Anyways I have never seen anyone play WHFB where I live in GA so I was wondering if there is a chart of % of the GW business is WHFB sales. Also where in the USA does anyone know where it is big.

Any other advice for a noob is great to : )

Crazy Harborc
13-05-2007, 23:27
There are more Ga residents that belong here. Maybe you should consider posting a thread about WHFB players for your location. You might find more if you mention what area of the state you will be gaming in.

redbaron998
14-05-2007, 03:11
After Purchasing Skull pass how should I go on to expand the armies.

Maybe the new all plastic boxes for each?

sheck2
14-05-2007, 05:00
Hey, well in a month I am buying skull pass (need 2 armies so I can give my future college mates something to use) and Dwarfs are my Favorite so it works.

Anyways I have never seen anyone play WHFB where I live in GA so I was wondering if there is a chart of % of the GW business is WHFB sales. Also where in the USA does anyone know where it is big.

Any other advice for a noob is great to : )

I'll give you the same advice I gave a great friend of mine who lives in WV and thought no one plays near him...

* go to the GW website here - http://maps.games-workshop.com/storefinder/findstores.aspx
* Contact everyone on the list provided
* Check out the stores closet (indys especially as most vets, at least around me, never go to GW stores)
* Ask the owners (find out who they are) and , hopefully, competent staff - about playing at the store and local gaming clubs
* look up any tournaments close to you (this could even be 'far' away in teh closest big city)...contact there organizers and ask what clubs are playing in the tourny - ask if you can have a contact in teh club or leader so you cna find out where they are based and possibly contact them i.e. you're a new player looking for folks to play - most folks will be friendly and helpful
* show up where and when you where told people are playing (you may not be able to play, but its about networking)
* finding a good group to game with is all word or mouth and can take a few tries...as vet gamers once in a good group tend to stick to that group and are hard to find

Heck you might live somewhere that is easy ot find gamers...;)

scarletsquig
14-05-2007, 13:04
After Purchasing Skull pass how should I go on to expand the armies.

Maybe the new all plastic boxes for each?

I'd go for the new plastic 100/ $200 army boxes:

http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99120209016&orignav=301943
http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99120205006&orignav=301943

A lot of the newest models around for a decent price.

Take the dwarf one for example - you can't really argue at 1 per model, with a couple of cannons thrown in on top of that.

They're one of the few GW things that can be considered as decent value for money.