Liche Priest (115 pts):
- Collar of Shapesh (25 pts)
- Talisman of Protection (15 pts)
Liche Priest Total: (155 pts)

Core
(20) Skeleton Warriors (Archers) (160 pts):
- Musician (5 pts)
- Standard (10 pts)
Skeleton Warriors (Archers) Total: (175 pts)
(12) Skeleton Warriors (96 pts):
- Light Armour (12 pts)
- Standard (10 pts)
- Champion (10 pts)
Skeleton Warriors Total: (128 pts)
(3) Chariots (120 pts):
Chariot Total: (120 pts)

Special
(10) Tomb Guard (120 pts):
- Champion (12 pts)
- Standard (12 pts)
- Icon of Rakaph (40 pts)
Tomb Gaurd Total: (190 pts)

Rare
Screaming Skull Catapult (90 pts)
Overall Total: (1002 pts)

Would you consider this to be balanced? Annnnddd judging by my list, what army's do think I may have trouble with? :skull: :chrome:

Vattendroppe
14-05-2007, 05:21
You might consider putting this in the army list section instead.

It seems fairly balanced, however your chariots are special since your army isn't led by a TK. And IMO you should also make your big block of archers HW/S instead.

Psynight
14-05-2007, 17:31
I would say this list is fairly balanced but you may have trouble with its performance.

A few things I've noticed while playing TK:
Tomb Guard without a Tomb Prince don't pack enough punch to win combat outright most times. Chariots tend to have the same problem. You will want to have your Tomb Prince in one of those units.

You will probably have a problem against opponents with range.

As the other poster said You will probably want to make your archer block the units with spears and your other block the archers. And if you don't want to go that route I would split them up into 2 units of 10 and drop the standard and musician.

I would be interested to hear how your games go.

Mad Makz
14-05-2007, 23:49
Firstly, you have an illegal magic item combination - Collar of Shapesh and Amulet of Protection are both Talismans, you can only have one or the other.

Secondly, it's a very balanced list in general, but I think at 1000 points Tomb Kings benefit greatly from Carrion and Tomb Scorpions, you need the march blocking of the Carrion and the hard hitting of Tomb Scorpions to be able to control the battlefield/take the fight to the opponent.

forgottenlor
15-05-2007, 08:02
I also agree its balanced, but both the skeleton unit and the tomb guard are too small and in danger of disintegrating if facing a decent unit. Thus I would consider beefing up one and getting rid of the other. You might even have some points left over for something else.

jackveneno
16-05-2007, 07:10
how would an army with 2 units of three chariots plus a tomb king on a chariot fair?
this would be backed up by a tomb scorpion some ushabti and 2 units of tomb guard, all being pulled together by 3 priest's.

any opinions? or am i placing too much faith in chariots.?

Esco Thomson
16-05-2007, 13:20
how would an army with 2 units of three chariots plus a tomb king on a chariot fair?
this would be backed up by a tomb scorpion some ushabti and 2 units of tomb guard, all being pulled together by 3 priest's.

any opinions? or am i placing too much faith in chariots.?

Chariot heavy lists actually work out quite well. Although I would ditch the Ushabti and one unit of Tomb Guard. They only move 5, and while Tomb Guard move 4, they can opt to take the Icon of Rakaph netting them much needed maneuverability. Two units of TG would be a bit much, you would be better off investing in something else fast, such as another scorpion, or some carrion.