PDA

View Full Version : GT Army List O&G 2000pts.

EvilIncarnate
14-05-2007, 03:52
Hi, I'm going to a GT in the summer and need to come up with the final army list so I can start to paint.

Orc warboss 120
Ulag's Akrit Axe 25
Iron Gnashas 30
collar of Zorga 5
LT armour, shield, Boar 30
= 210

Orc Big Boss 70
BSB 25
Mork's Spirit Totem 50
LT armour and Boar 18
= 163

Orc Big Boss 70
Mortog's best Basha 15
LT armour, shield, Boar 20
= 105

Goblin Big Boss 35
Maad's Map 25
LT armour, shield AHW 8
= 68

CORE

28 Orcs 140 (BSB's Unit)
Shields 28
Standard + Musician 15
= 183

23 Orcs 115 (Warboss's Unit)
Shields 23
Standard + Musician 15
= 153

23Orcs 115 (Big boss's Unit)
Shields 23
Standard + Musician 15
= 153

6 spider riders 78
Short Bows 6
Musician 6
= 90

6 spider riders 78
Short Bows 6
Musician 6
= 90

6 spider riders 78
Short Bows 6
Musician 6
= 90

6 spider riders 78
Short Bows 6
Musician 6
= 90

24 Night Goblins 72 (3 ranks of 8)
Short bows -
Musician 4
Fanatic 25
= 101

24 Night Goblins 72 (3 ranks of 8)
Short bows -
Musician 4
Fanatic 25
= 101

SPECIAL

Orc Chariot 80

Orc Chariot 80

Orc Chariot 80

Orc Chariot 80

RARE

Troll 40

Troll 40

Total 1997
Troops 156 guys
Dispel Dice 5

The game plan is for the BSB's unit to be in the center of the battle line. On each side will be the other Orc units. Then on each end will be the two night goblins units. The chariot will be between the orc units. The spider riders will be on flanks. The two troll will stay close to the warboss units for the LD and to help out the unit in combat.

The goblin big boss will try to take out anything weak behind the battle lines.

What do you guys think?

Thank you

T10
14-05-2007, 08:48
I normally suggest taking missile weapons for Fast Cavalry, but in the case of the Goblin Wolf Riders and Spider Riders you might want to consider spears instead.

The range of the short bow is a pathetic and almost completely negates the unit's effectiveness. You'll find your Goblins moving too close to negate the range penalty, which puts them at risk of being destroyed. For a throw-away unit like Goblins, that isn't too much of a problem, I know. But why make them purposefully weak?

If you give them spears instead they can still move in to serve as charge bait. But you can also have them hang back in a position that allows them to provide supporting charges. And with spears they can actually do some damage.

Your BSB unit seems pretty defensive, so I'm guessing you want to keep it out of close combat for as long as possible. Call me crazy, but consider using arrer boyz in this unit instead! They are only slightly more vulnerable than regular boyz and can contribute at range in every round of the game! They also come with choppas and deal the same damage as any other orc.

The night goblins should be armed with spears and shields. The short bow just isn't any good. Consider this: When declaring a stand and shoot your opponent may very well be at long range. That means you hit on 5+ at best. He then charges and kills any number of goblins. Those goblins that fight back are likely to hit on 4+.

With spears you get an additional rank of fighters. That rank will likely be equal to the number of shots you get off on a stand and shoot, and even if it is less you still hit on 4+. Any way you read it, spears give a better chance of scoring hits that actually count towards combat resolution.

-T10

Psynight
14-05-2007, 17:43
For the 2007 Grand Tournaments the point limit for Warhammer is 2000. For the Games Day GT it appears to be only 1500. It seems odd but this is probably due to time constraints.

Grand Tournament - http://gt.us.games-workshop.com/Rules/rules.htm

Gamesday - http://gamesday.us.games-workshop.com/GamesDay2007/rules/default.htm

So make sure to know which rules you are going to have to work under. Also if anyone knows if this is a typo please post.