PDA

View Full Version : Multipe ward saves

Falcon
14-05-2007, 10:56
I have another question: How does multiple ward saves work? :confused:

The example are wild riders but I guess any model with multple ward saves will work.

The wild riders have a +5 ward save due to the forest spirit rule and also their +6 tasmalic tatoo save.

Do you save at 5 and then reroll unsaved wounds at 6? Does only 1 count?

Also, has this changed from 6th ed to 7th ed?

Thanks

Atrahasis
14-05-2007, 11:01
Models with more than one ward can only use one. In the case of Wild Riders, they have a 5+ ward against non-magical attacks and a 6+ ward against magical attacks.

This is the same as 6th ed.

Falcon
14-05-2007, 11:30
Bummer. Then it's probably a waste to give my Wild riders a lord with Rymers harp. :(
The normal movemnt trough difficult terain does not warrant the cost if I lose the 5+ ward save.

I guess a unit with 5+AS, and 5+ and 5+ and 6+ ward save is probably a wee bit unbalanced not to mention a little beardy :p

T10
14-05-2007, 12:45
Models with more than one ward can only use one. In the case of Wild Riders, they have a 5+ ward against non-magical attacks and a 6+ ward against magical attacks.

This is the same as 6th ed.

I seem to recall that you are required to use your best available save, also...

-T10

Vattendroppe
14-05-2007, 14:17
I seem to recall that you are required to use your best available save, also...

-T10

I'm pretty sure that is the case also.

theunwantedbeing
14-05-2007, 14:40
Page 30,rulebook.

You only get one roll with a ward save,if you have 2(or more) you use the best one available.

L192837465
15-05-2007, 18:16
how does regenerate fall into this category then? as the new rules state its a "4+ ward save", say i have the Crown of Everlasting Coquest and the Talisman for the 6+ ward... do i only get the 4+ and the talisman is wasted?

Wadders
15-05-2007, 18:35
You get a regen save as well

you take your saves in this order

Armour save if available, followed by your ward save and last of all the regen if you have one.

Vattendroppe
15-05-2007, 19:28
You get a regen save as well

you take your saves in this order

Armour save if available, followed by your ward save and last of all the regen if you have one.

Personally I wouldn't call the regen a save, but I guess that's one way to look at it.

theunwantedbeing
15-05-2007, 19:32
page 96,main rulebook.
regeneration isnt a ward save so it can be taken after you fail your armour and ward saves.
Regeneration works exactly like a 4+ ward sve,with the above exception.

Sasha
15-05-2007, 23:00
Bummer. Then it's probably a waste to give my Wild riders a lord with Rymers harp. :(
The normal movemnt trough difficult terain does not warrant the cost if I lose the 5+ ward save.

I guess a unit with 5+AS, and 5+ and 5+ and 6+ ward save is probably a wee bit unbalanced not to mention a little beardy :p

yeah, probably better in eternal guard instead

Falcon
16-05-2007, 07:25
I gues putting the harp on my glade riders could also be an interesting option :-) Suddenly they are medium cav with some survivability besides ensuring they are not in the wrong place at the wrong time. :)