PDA

View Full Version : Goblin netters any good?

Anardakil
14-05-2007, 14:13
This has probably been discussed before but I suck at looking for stuff and thus only found a thread about them that was pre 7th ed.

So are netters really worth it? I'm thinking of using an all gobbo army with units of 36 gobbos. That means if I buy the units nets the gobbos all go up by a point.
Also, would it be most effective to use netters with units of hand weapon wielding gobbos or those with spears?

lokigod
14-05-2007, 14:39
Yes nets are worth it in almost every case. Also With hand weap shield you have less deaths to protect there valuable combat res. Cause goobo's are not none for there combat skills.

Anardakil
14-05-2007, 14:46
Okay nets sound useful but they're a little expensive.
My first unit has spears but maybe the ones coming up after this one should all have hand weapons then.

Hulkster
14-05-2007, 14:50
HW are the way to go with Goblins. Spears are to expensive and goblins generally dont kill anything anyway. I have 2 units of NG with spears so by next 80 are all going to have HW and S

sephi
14-05-2007, 14:50
I think nets are useful in almost cases if you don't roll 1 :) but they're expensive. I like fanatics more than nets :P

lokigod
14-05-2007, 15:09
nets are like +1 toughness and +1 armour save for the whole unit in close combat for 30 some odd points. Since there neg +1 strength!

memitchell747
14-05-2007, 20:50
nets are like +1 toughness and +1 armour save for the whole unit in close combat for 30 some odd points. Since there neg +1 strength!
They are like +1 toughness and +1 armour save for EACH Orc unit in combat with the netted enemy unit!

Anardakil
14-05-2007, 21:03
They are like +1 toughness and +1 armour save for EACH Orc unit in combat with the netted enemy unit!

Is that a fact? I thought the matter was a bit unclear.

But orcsies? No orcsies for me ^^

forgottenlor
15-05-2007, 08:06
I would consider how you are using your Gobbos. If you are expecting them to win combats on their own (Rather than using them as orc support), I would definately take nets.

Tutore
15-05-2007, 12:04
They should be good, I simply never find points to field them.

jahorin
15-05-2007, 15:08
With the new book, I will consider takings nets against spears most of the time. Since hand weapon and shield combine with nets greatly increase their chance of surviving, especially against S3 troops.

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
15-05-2007, 16:25
Well recently I don't use my horde goblin army anymore, and I went for a little hittier army and I include 3 units from 25night goblins with nets and they are worth their points in gold, the nets are really awesome they are maybe a little bit expensive but they really work so certainly consider taking them.

Greetz
G

soultaker87
15-05-2007, 23:23
nets are very usful, I was fighting a unit of saurus warriors with my night goblins and I used my nets. this not only lowered their strength but they lost their armor hurting strength and that saved my day.

Anardakil
17-05-2007, 14:17
Hm thanks for all the advice people. I think I'll use four rather big units of night gobbos in my army. 3x36 gobbos with hand weapons, shields and nets, and one unit of 42 gobbos with spears and shields but without nets (they might be in the same combat as one of the other units anyaway and I think speargobbos look better without nets in the unit.

klinktastic
17-05-2007, 14:48
I have a question I want to pose to all of you. Do you think nets are more valuable in a unit with spears or a unit with hand weapon shield? I would think that less would die using hw&s, but you would get so many attacks back with spears because less would die as well.

Assume you have a unit of 30, with full command and a fanatic in the unit. Which would you rather use: spears or hw & shield?

ZiggyQubert
17-05-2007, 19:54
I have a question I want to pose to all of you. Do you think nets are more valuable in a unit with spears or a unit with hand weapon shield? I would think that less would die using hw&s, but you would get so many attacks back with spears because less would die as well.

Assume you have a unit of 30, with full command and a fanatic in the unit. Which would you rather use: spears or hw & shield?

HW & S, my logic being hay 5 gobbos attacking realy dosen't kill anything why should 10 be better? so I'd rather make a save and to reduce my oponents combat rez then kill something, and the HW & Shield is cheeper then the spear. (and yes I do run my blocks of 36 NG this way)

wargob
17-05-2007, 21:18
i would use netters when using my NG... after all, their strenght is in numbers and tricky tricks