PDA

View Full Version : Size difference in 6th edition and 7th Edition Night Goblins.

pestario
14-05-2007, 16:27
Not sure if this should be in Fantasy Discussion or the modeling form. Mods please move if nessecary.

I am going to begin work on my Orc & Goblin army. It is going to start off as an all Night Goblin Army as I purchased a lot on ebay with 225 Night goblins, all but 40 being from the Skull pass set. Thos are last edition gobos.

I also got 20 spider riders in this lot and plan on just mounting night goblins on these, as well as making any future Goblin units like the spear chuka, chariots, etc into Night Goblins.

Anyway I was curious what the size difference was between 7th edition and
6th edition Night goblins. if anyone has or seen a comaprison shots.

unwanted
14-05-2007, 16:47
The sze difference is quite large, but they still look fine next to each other...

Greenskins are a varied bunch afterall!

pestario
14-05-2007, 16:50
Thank you, I dont mind that they are larger. I like the variety that I can mix into units. I just wasnt going to use them if they looked out of place large in comparion to the others.

MadJackMcJack
14-05-2007, 16:52
Think of them as Night Gobbo big 'uns.

Franco
14-05-2007, 20:30
They are still as small as they are really, but one difference is the spears and bows, thats about all!!!

Braad
14-05-2007, 21:30
The size difference is the reason that I stocked up a couple of boxes of the old ones, when the new edition was coming...

But if you start with both of them and mix freely in the units, than it shouldn't matter to much I think, since orcs and gobbo's differ in size a lot according to fluff.

The Underdog
14-05-2007, 21:47
Here is a photo comparing the sizes of the current, 6th ed and 4th ed (i think) gobbo models, (which i nicked from someone on another forum) just to give you an idea of size difference. The order of gobbos is
5th ed, current, 4th ed.

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t238/The_Underdog_1984/GobboSizes.jpg

Hope it helped.

BeardyGit
15-05-2007, 02:02
Hmmm...when you put them together like that, the 6th ed one looks like the mutated older brother. He's uglier (as far as goblins can be ugly) with a bigger head and smaller legs.

I found the 6th ed gobbos werid since they were bigger than a human.

gorenut
15-05-2007, 02:46
Hmmm...when you put them together like that, the 6th ed one looks like the mutated older brother. He's uglier (as far as goblins can be ugly) with a bigger head and smaller legs.

I found the 6th ed gobbos werid since they were bigger than a human.

Not too strange seeing how they have the same S and T as a human.

Rioghan Murchadha
15-05-2007, 04:59
Not too strange seeing how they have the same S and T as a human.

Because as we all know, S and T directly have a direct correlation to size.. Which is why a snotling hero is uh.. the same size as any of the elf lord choices? :p

Vattendroppe
15-05-2007, 06:09
Because as we all know, S and T directly have a direct correlation to size.. Which is why a snotling hero is uh.. the same size as any of the elf lord choices? :p

It's all about thickness, a snotling heroe is about as thin as a HE lord ^^