PDA

View Full Version : Khorne Beasts spill more Blood, and gather Skulls!

theDarkGeneral
14-05-2007, 16:45
Man it's been a long weekend!...ok, this past Saturday(May 12th) I was down at my favorite gaming store, GMI Games, hoping to test out my new Plague Army of Beasts and Daemons...but as I tried to get a pick up game with them, no one wanted to face an "experimental" Army...they all wanted to play test their new and improved lists against my Khorne based Beasts... ...so now I have to wait another week for the followers of Nurgle to walk the lands...

Since I'm always ready to help out the other guys and their lists, I relented and busted out my Bestial Army of Blood and Skulls...

1x Doombull of Blood: (249pts) Hvy Armor, Shield, Sword of Might

16x Beast Herd: (123pts) 8 Gors, Xtra Wpns, FC/8 Ungors, Spears
16x Khorngors: (292pts) Hvy Armor, Grt Wpns, FC, Vitriolic Totem
4x Minotaurs of Blood: (249pts) Grt Wpns, Bloodkine
8x Warhounds of Chaos: (48pts) Packs

8x Flesh Hounds of Khorne: (128pts) Daemonic, Fast Cav, MR(2)
8x Chaos Furies: Undivided(120pts) Daemonic, Flyers, Skirmished
8x Centigors: (166pts) Lt Armor, Shields, Spears, Musician

4x Dragon Ogres: (316pts) Lt Armor, Grt Wpns
1x Dragon Ogre Shaggoth: (306pts) Lt Armor, Grt Wpn

TOTAL POINTS: 1,997
TOTAL MODELS: 74
Power Dice: 2
Dispel Dice: 5

Not an overpowering Army, but well themed and direct...enough to challenge most Tournament lists...

So, my first game was against Bob "the Bastard" and his slightly altered Chaos Mortals of Tzeentch w/Daemons...here's his approx list....

1x Chaos Lord of Deception: Staff of Change, Enchanted Shield, Biting Blade
1x Chaos Sorcerer: Lvl 2, Death, 2x Dispel Scrolls, Barded Chaos Steed
1x Chaos Sorcerer: Lvl 2, Death, Power Familiar, Barded Chaos Steed
1x Chaos Sorcerer: Lvl 2, Fire, Barded Chaos Steed

3x Chariots of Change: Scythed, (general went in one)
5x Warhounds of Chaos: Packs
5x Warhounds of Chaos: Packs

10x Chaos Furies: Daemonic, Flyers, Skirmished
15x Horrors of Tzeentch: Daemonic, Bound Spells
15x Horrors of Tzeentch: Daemonic, Bound Spells

Bob "the Bastard" is one of the funnest people to play against! Not the greatest Warhammer general, but he has come a long way!...though his lists are starter to get quite nasty ...he really wanted to test this list out, since he's changed it from having a Giant and Minos of Deception in it...a couple of weeks ago, my fighty Dwarfs of Zhufbar stomped a mudhole in it... ...

TURN 1: I got the first Turn, so quickly moved the Shaggoth up the Left Flank, supported by the Centigors on his right, and the Chaos Furies were on the far right of the table...Flesh Hounds and Warhounds went right up the center, each taking a 45 degree angle for possible charges next turn...Khorngors advanced up behind the Flesh Hounds, Minos w/General were nearby to their right, moving up behind the Warhounds(needed to add LD(9) to them)...Beast Herd on my far Right went into a Woods...Dragon Ogres hugging the far Left Flank moved up, in between a Woods and the left table edge...Bob starts his Turn off, by moving forward with both Horror units and the Warhounds! ...manuveres around his Chariots and Mages...his Chaos Furies fly over nearby mine, trying to save one of his Chariots from a potential Flank Charge...Magic begins with both Horror units attempting to blast the Flesh Hounds!...MR(2) and an extra Dispel Dice from my pool stops all that non-sense...kills 1 Warhound who turns into a Horror...puts a wound on my Shaggoth...kills off a Mino...in Clsoe Combat, the Warhounds eat the little Daemon...

TURN 2: Ok, Bob "the Bastard" foolishly moved up, so I'll take advantage of this and get out of Zapping LOS...Dragon Ogres on my Left charge Warhounds(pass Fear because of nearby general), Shaggoth joins the Centigors against the 1st Horror Unit, Flesh Hounds Charge the second Horror unit...Minos go after the 2nd Warhounds, but he fails Fear and Flees...failed Charge...my Chaos Furies charge his...Beast Herd pulls out of Woods on the right to protect the Flank of the Doombull's Minos from the nearby Chariot of Deception...Dragon Ogres have 9 Attacks, and all of them miss!!!...Warhounds hit back, but fail to wound...I win CC, and have a higher Unit Strength...but they roll Insane Courage!!!... ...Shaggoth and Centigors kill off 8 Horrors...unit 'pops', even with nearby General...Shaggoth holds, but Centigors Overrun right into the front of the general's chariot...Flesh Hounds eat 6 Horrors, they pass Instability, but are now down to 3 models!...my Furies only kill 3 of his, and he kills 3 of mine in return...I loose CC by 1, but roll an '8' for Instability...I thought my Doombull was in range, but when we re-measured, it was questionable...so I let them 'pop' back to the Warp(no need to debate over this)...Bob's Turn starts up with Terror tests for nearby Chariot, passes...it then charges the left Flank of my Centigors...Warhounds Rally on their own!...sends in this Chaos Furies and Chariot against my Beast Herd...moves his mages around a bit...Magic sees another Warhound turned into a Horror! ...fires more Spells at the Shaggoth, but he shrugs them off...I do dispel the one that makes him hit himself though!...Dark Hand of Death twice kills another Mino...Close Combat starts, and he does his general's fight first...Chariot that charges only kills 2 Centigors...I do 1 wound to his Chariot, but his general kills 3 more Centigors...I loose CC, break and run, he doesn't pursue, and my Centigors Flee through the Warhounds fighting the Dragon Ogres...Dragon Ogres redeem themselves, though they do take a wound from the Warhounds!...4 dead puppies, the fail Insane Courage and I pursue them, cutting them down, and then hit the flank of his Chariot of Deception that just helped kill my Centigors...Flesh Hounds kill the last 3 Horrors...his other Chariot and Furies wiff their rolls, and kill a total of just 4 Gors...I kill 3 Furies in return...I win CC by 2!...his Furies hold, but the Chariot breaks and Flees!...Warhounds eat another Horror...

TURN 3: Time to turn up the heat!...Shaggoth charges the generals Chariot, he passes Terror...Flesh Hounds charge nearest mage on Chaos Steed, fails Fear twice and Flees!, this allows me to continue on and hit the other mage behind him!(who passes his 2nd Fear test!)...Minos w/Doombull go after the rallied Warhounds, how manage to Hold...Close Combat starts... ...Dragon Ogres smash their Chariot...Shaggoth smashes the Tzeentchian General's Chariot...he does do 2 wounds to the Shaggoth...fails his Insane Courage and Flees...Shaggoth doesn't let him get far however!...Flesh Hounds put a wound on the Mage...he fails Insane Courage and Flees...right off the table, with my Flesh Hounds in hot pursuit...Minos decimate the Warhounds and stop to feast...Herd wins Close Combat again, but this time the Furies 'pop'...Bob now reaches over the table to shake my hand, throws his dollar on the table (I'll explain that later) and then we laugh about all the misfortunes he had!...and then I try to help him re-write the list for the next weekend's RTT there at GMI Games...

Ok...time to finish this...

So after my game with Bob "the Bastard", I was quickly called out by Mike, one of our newer gamers...been playing Fantasy for less then a year, and loves powered up armies!...first played with the Bretonnians and a ton of Knights, then moved on to the Lizardmen w/2nd Gen Slaan...now he's taking the Orcs 'n Goblins using Grimgor Ironhide as his general... ...so Mike pulled out his $1 and threw it on the table, challenging me for the pot...ok...so out came the Beast list again...

TURN 1: I won the dice off for the first turn, and quickly started moving my army forwards...far Left table edge was hugged by the Dragon Ogres...Woods on their right was filled with the Beast Herd...Chaos Furies flew to the right of the Woods...in the Center of the Table, my Warhounds moved up as did my Flesh Hounds(they liked hanging out together!) but not at full speed...I was worried about the Fanatics...Hill in right center just past my Deployment is where the Khorngors parked, awaiting some suckers...Doombull w/ Minos were to their right to lend his LD(9) to them...to his right was the Centigors who passed Drunken test...the Centigors moved up and angled so that 2 models on their left could see outside the Woods on Mike's Deployment area of the Right side of the table...hoping he moves up so I can charge through the Woods and get 'em!...Shaggoth marches up to the same Woods and faces down the small opening between it and the Right Table edge...Mike's Turn starts with 2 Animosity Tests rolling '6s'...so a unit of Night Goblins and the Orc Boyz move up...he quickly moves up the Fanatics directly away from my Dragon Ogres on the Left at full distance, which brings them exactly 8" from my Beast Herd in the Woods...he sends all 3 Fanatics towards the Dragon Ogres, but none of them get close (I was over 12" away!)...he then moves up his 2nd unit of Night Gobbos and they get within 8" of my Furies...launches all 3 at them, and 2 make it!...11 hits, 10 wounds and only 2 Daemon Aura Saves...all of them are sent back to the Warp!...Mike is now hollaring and hooting about it! ...ok, he's gained 120 VPs...he quickly moves up his Black Orc unit w/Grimgor towards my Khorngors and the Orc Boyz w/BSB head straight ahead facing my Doombull w/Minos...Spider Rider units both veer towards the far Right, hoping to distract or deal with my Shaggoth...Giant Spider riding Goblin Big Boss crawls around in between the 2 Night Gobbo units...Magic kills 1 Warhound(rolled double '1's to Dispel!)...Shooting starts, and both of his Bolt Throwers fire at my Minos, but misses...Spider Riders fire at the Shaggoth, and actually get a wound through!...Mike is very exstatic at this point...

TURN 2: Ok, Centigors go Frenzied ...Beast Herd passes Unruly again...I take a bit of a risk, and send in my nearby Warhounds to the exposed Flank of Grimgor's Black Orc unit...I had a plan!...Doombull w/Minos and Centigors combo Charge the Orc Boyz w/BSB...Dragon Ogres wisely back up, avoiding the possible Fanatic issue...Beast Herd pops out to the right of the Woods(Left side of Table) and faces down the 2nd unit of Night Gobbos w/Night Goblin Shaman...Shaggoth moves up to face the Spider Riders...Khorngors inch up ready to counter Charge the Black Orcs next movement...Flesh Hounds also move from the Center towards the right, facing the Warhounds rear...Ok, Close Combat entertainment time!...I do the Warhounds first, just in case the general's unit wiffs and looses and breaks...so the Warhounds manage to actually kill 2 Black Orcs!...3 swing back, and kill off 5 Warhounds! OUCH!...ok, I loose Close Combat by 5, and with my nearby Doombull general, need a 4 or less to hold...and I roll two '2's!!!...the stupid Warhounds hold!!!...Mike can't believe it, and I laugh hardily!!!...Minotaurs w/Doombull and Centigors devastated the Orc Boyz, as the Bloodkine chops the BSB down in a Personal Challenge...9 Orc Boyz fall, but the damn unit rolls Insane Courage!!!...Mike is much happier right now!...as am I, because if I had broke the unit, the pursuit of my Minos would have hit the front of the Black Orcs at an angle...didn't want that just yet!...Mike's Turn begins, and the nearby Spider Riders fail their Terror test, and Flee through the other Spider Riders, who pass their Panic test...both Night Goblin units fail Animosity!...he moves the 2nd unit of Spider Riders to an angle in the Woods, hoping to shoot up my Shaggoth some more...no Magic because of the failed Animosity test, Shooting begins, and his Bolt Throwers target my Khorngors...only kill 2 models!...Spider Riders fail to wound the Shaggoth...Close Combat sees the Warhounds Mercilessly cut down...then my Minotaurs and Centigors make short work of his remaining Orc Boyz, wiping out all but the Command models!...they Break and run, with the Centigors running them down, and then the already Fleeing 1st unit of Spider Riders!...Mike is a bit pissed...but my Minos w/Doombull is forced to Pursue as well, and hit the Front of Grimgor's unit...good thing Mike did that battle first!...he's much more excited now, as he's hoping Grimgor get's a chance to kill off my Doombull...

TURN 3: This is where I quickly push the pace of the game...Dragon Ogres back up again, Shaggoth moves out from behind the Woods, facing the Spider Riders flank...Flesh Hounds charged the Flank of Grimgor's unit, as the Khorngors hit the Front parking side by side with the Minos and Doombull...I slide my Doombull and Bloodkine in to contact with the Black Orcs...Beast Herd charges the 2nd unit of Night Goblins w/Shaman...Centigors turn around and face the Warmachines on the Hill...Close Combat time, and I don't issue a Personal Challenge, knowing that Mike is fiending to issue one with Grimgor (I'm suckering him here)...when he asks if I'm going to issue, I say "Nope" and he quickly does with Grimgor...I accept with the Bloodkine... ...of course, Grimgor chops up the Bloodkine into little tiny pieces, doing 6 Wounds!!!... ...Doombull then kills 3 Black Orcs, Khorngors Poisoned and Chopped up 4 more, and Flesh Hounds kill just 2...Black Orc unit Champ swings back at Khorngors(forgot to direct some attacks at him) and he kills 2...Black Orcs on the Flank kill 2 Flesh Hounds...I win Close Combat by 3, but Grimgor's unit holds...damn!...Beast Herds whoops up on the Night Goblins, killing just 3 on the Charge, and loosing 1 in return...I win Close Combat by 1 and his unit Breaks...I pursue and cut them down, landing behind his Goblin Hero on a Giant Spider he forgot to move on the previous Turn..Mike is still hopeful of the win, and prepares his Turn...everything passe Animosity...Spider Riders passed Terror test and then Charge the Flank of my Minotaurs!...Night Goblins shoot at my Dragon Ogres, and do 2 wounds!!!...freaking stupid short bows...his Fanatics all die but 1...Bolt Throwers target my Shaggoth, both hit, both wound, and put a total of 4 more wounds on him!...he's now taken 5, and has just 1 left...Mike again is pretty excited now!...he's chanting all kinds of "Orcs is da' Best!" stuff... ...his Close Combat begins, and he starts with Grimgor issuing another Personal Challenge...I allow him to butcher my Doombull, and 5 wounds are taken...Mike is now just bouncing his tall ass up and down because he cut down my general! ...ok, Spider Riders actually kill a Mino!...damn, no swings back that way...Flesh Hounds chew up 3 Black Orcs, who get now Swings back...since he opted for Grt Wpns this round ...I got to swing first...Minotaur kills 2 more Black Orcs, and the Khorngors kill 5!!!...there are no more Black Orcs left in the unit!!! ...Grimgor looses by a lot, breaks and Flees...and so does the Spider Riders!...they Flee through my Centigors and die while my Minos chop up Grimgor before he gets too far!....Khorngors and Flesh Hounds also Pursue, and the Flesh Hounds hit one of the Bolt Throwers!...Mike looks amazed and frustrated...

TURN 4: Centigors are subject to Stupidity, but pass the LD(7) test...they charge the nearby Bolt Thrower not in Close Combat...Dragon Ogres finally charge through the sole Fanatic to get to the Night Goblins...they Stand & Shoot, but I'm too close...I take 3 wounds, and loose a Dragon Oge!...Beast Herd charges the Goblin Big Boss...Khorngors do nothing...Flesh Hounds wipe out the Goblin Crew, while the Orc Bully kills 1 Flesh Hound out of spite, then fails Insane Courage roll and Flees, only to get eaten before he moves!...Centigors completely wipe out the other Bolt Thrower crew...Mike issues a Personal Challenge with Goblin Big Boss (smart) and I refuse...my Foe-render hides in the back, while the 4 Gors chop down the Giant Spider!...Goblin Big Boss kills 2 Gors in return...I win CC by 3, but the damn Goblin Big Boss holds!...at this point though, there's nothing left of his Army, and Mike humbly concedes...he vows to gain revenge next time!....

GAME #2 coming soon!

maze ironheart
15-05-2007, 13:04
Your chaos lists seem very powerful to fight against both your daemon list In a previous battle report and your army of khorne.what would you say would make a good chaos undivided list because I am thinking of trying a chaos army.

theDarkGeneral
16-05-2007, 04:24
maze ironheart: Well, it really depends on what you mean by "Undivided"...sometimes I bring an Undivided general (like with my Daemons) and some units of different Marks...but the basics will be the same...Chaos is almost always outnumbered, which is fine, so long as you bring the right combination of troops...certain things are kind of essential...some Magical Defense for those Zap happy Armies, and some good speed/mauverability for the heavy Shooty lists...so a scroll caddy or two will be needed, as well as a unit of Chaos Furies and either Centigors or Flesh Hounds or maybe Screamers...an Anvil unit is helpful, to threaten late game charges, and hold the center or a table side...Chosen Chaos Warriors w/Shields and FC are great here...throw in an Exalted Champ w/Grt Wpn and Helm of Many Eyes, and your fine...then look for speedy, heavy hitting units that are RELIABLE...Dragon Ogres, Chaos Knights, Minotaurs and Dragon Ogre Shaggoths are great here...Chaos Ogres, Minotaurs and the such are ok, but not as resilient or reliable...I love my Minos, but the lack of an Armor Save has seen them wiped out many a times before they even get to Close Combat...(unless you're Nurgle)...

Hope this helps...

maze ironheart
16-05-2007, 13:49
I was thinking of some mortals mixed with different marks like having 1 unit of 15 chaos worriors then having 15 chaos worriors of khorne.Although what unit strength should they be at due to high costs like maybe 15 or is that to short a unit strength to give fullcommand to.It's a army I've been tempted to play as Chaos quite alot but every one says all you do is charge across the field and win.

theDarkGeneral
16-05-2007, 17:02
:eyebrows: Nah, we don't get to "Just charge accross the table and win"...not that simple, though to many players it seems this way...Chaos Warriors are a little overpriced for what they can and can't do...especially compared to many of the recent Army Books and 7th Edition Rules...you could take a unit of each type of Warriors, but it's a themed list, not very competitive...the reason being is that it's slow...and generally outmanuvered...here's a quick example using Archaon's Horde...

1x Exalted Champion: Undivided, Chaos Armor, Enchanted Shield, Helm Many Eyes, Grt Wpn
1x Chaos Sorcerer: Slaanesh, Lvl 1, 2x Dispel Scrolls
1x Aspiring Champion: Nurgle, BSB, Armor Damnation, Sword Might
1x Exalted Champion: Khorne, Chaos Armor, Shield, Axe Khorne, Collar Khorne

20x Warriors of Chaos: Undivided, Shields, FC
16x Warriors of Chaos: Khorne, Hvy Armor, Shields, FC
18x Warriors of Chaos: Tzeentch, Hvy Armor, Shields, FC
21x Warriors of Chaos: Nurgle, Hvy Armor Shields, FC
12x Warriors of Chaos: Slaanesh, Hvy Armor, Shields, FC

8x Flayerkin of Chaos: Skirmished, Scouts, Killing Blow, xtra wpns, Champ

Tutore
16-05-2007, 21:50
Looks an interesting list, I'll hand it to a friend of mine who struggles to find a suitable beast army.

maze ironheart
17-05-2007, 13:33
Here's a quick example using Archaon's Horde...

1x Exalted Champion: Undivided, Chaos Armor, Enchanted Shield, Helm Many Eyes, Grt Wpn
1x Chaos Sorcerer: Slaanesh, Lvl 1, 2x Dispel Scrolls
1x Aspiring Champion: Nurgle, BSB, Armor Damnation, Sword Might
1x Exalted Champion: Khorne, Chaos Armor, Shield, Axe Khorne, Collar Khorne

20x Warriors of Chaos: Undivided, Shields, FC
16x Warriors of Chaos: Khorne, Hvy Armor, Shields, FC
18x Warriors of Chaos: Tzeentch, Hvy Armor, Shields, FC
21x Warriors of Chaos: Nurgle, Hvy Armor Shields, FC
12x Warriors of Chaos: Slaanesh, Hvy Armor, Shields, FC

8x Flayerkin of Chaos: Skirmished, Scouts, Killing Blow, xtra wpns, Champ

So this would be a suitible list to fight with so is this a 1000pt list or 2000pts it would be very impressive if it is a 1000pt list.Shoulden't I make the khorne exalted champion a Tzeentch so I have 2 spellcasters or would that be a bad idea.

theDarkGeneral
17-05-2007, 16:44
Glad you like the list Tutore! It's designed more to playtest against all my buddies lists...

maze ironheart, this is set around 2,250pts...pretty common for most regular RTTs out this way...I myself prefer Magical Defense, and not Magical Offense...

maze ironheart
18-05-2007, 19:40
Would you say this is a good list it's only 1170pts.

(Hero Choice)

Exalted Champion of Chaos with Helm of many eyes (Strikes first suffers stupidity)and great weapon and shield undivided.129pts

Aspring Champion of Nurgle BSB.145pts

LV2 Chaos sorcerror undivided with Despell scroll.120pts

(Core Choice)
19-Chaos worriors undivided with shields and standard and musicain.303pts

19-Chaos worriors of Nurgle with shields and Musicain and champion.353

(Daemonic)
8-Chaos furries.120pts

This is only a basic list so is this what you mean if this is an ok list what could I add to make it a good 1500pt list.I could add a unit of 6 knights of chaos with fullcommand and put the exalted lord in it so the sorrceror can join the chaos worriors or a unit of nurgle daemons or could take some mauraders.

theDarkGeneral
22-05-2007, 16:31
The list isn't bad, just slow...many armies have access to a lot of fast/cheap troops that will cause you problems...the Chaos Furies are a huge help though...don't rely to heavily on Characters, they're not often worth their points...I'd drop the Lvl upgrade on the Mage, and keep him solely for Magical Defense...Flesh Hounds, Centigors or the such are a good choice additions...

maze ironheart
23-05-2007, 12:13
The list isn't bad, just slow...many armies have access to a lot of fast/cheap troops that will cause you problems...the Chaos Furies are a huge help though...don't rely to heavily on Characters, they're not often worth their points...I'd drop the Lvl upgrade on the Mage, and keep him solely for Magical Defense...Flesh Hounds, Centigors or the such are a good choice additions...

So I should not rely on magic and get some centigors or Flesh Hounds don't I need some on with the mark of Khorne.I could drop the mark of Nurgle on the chaos worriors and make them worriors of Khorne.I could then make the BSB a khorne champion instead or should I drop the Champion for a unit of chaos knights.My most comman enemys are Skaven what if I add these to my list.
(Hero Choice)

Exalted Champion of Chaos with Helm of many eyes (Strikes first suffers stupidity)and great weapon and shield undivided.129pts

Aspring Champion of Nurgle BSB.145pts

LV2 Chaos sorcerror undivided with Despell scroll.120pts

(Core Choice)
19-Chaos worriors undivided with shields and standard and musicain.303pts

19-Chaos worriors of Nurgle with shields and Musicain and champion.353

(Special Choice)
10-Centegors with shields and light armour and spears and fullcommand.225pts

(Daemonic)
8-Chaos furries.120pts

Totol-1395pts

Would this be better because I've added some cavalry to speed things up I thought that cenegors would be best as it would add some speed to the army and won't cost lots of points like chaos knights.I could drop the BSB and the second chaos worrior unit for a unit of 20 mauraders and some warhounds of chaos maybe another sorcerer.It's just my cousin plays as skaven as well and he usually takes 2 warlock engineers one with storm daemon I just don't want to get blasted by magic.If I add some warhounds of chaos should I have them at unit stregth 5 or 6 and should I take 2 units.

Coenono
25-05-2007, 04:21
At the point totals your going for Im not so sure you really need those units to be 19 strong

Id say you could get by with 12 khorne warriors and you could give them the banner of rage so they dont loose there frenzed state. Line them up six by two. You can give them shields or xhw depending on your style. So you got 12 str4 attacks with a 3+hth save (4+ against shooting) Or 18 str 4 attacks with a 5+ hth save. I would personaly go with the xhw as being khorne they proably need a screener uint that will serve to purposes. 1 screen 2 keep the khronites form running off after something they will never catch. And in hth not to many units are going to be able to attack back after 18 str 4 hits... so you really dont need the extra armour save. Remember you dont have to have a khorne character to have a khorne unit... its the other way around.
This unit will out do your nurgle unit and save you about 50 pts

Then you could take you regular unit of warriors give them xhw in the same 6x2. I usually dont put musicans in warrior units so id drop them in both units. Keep the standard here too and maybe make it a war banner.
Sheilds are nice but you really need the xhw keep the shields only if you have the spare points. Once again you can always screen this unit. Warhounds work well and infront of a undivided unit... you dont really have to worry about panic as they can re-roll. Choped off some more points about 70 if you dont take shields with the warriors.

This guy works great in a unit of maurders w/ the extra points you have you should be close to a unit of 20 w/fc . Now you have a unit w/ good cr and a smash mouth character leading it. Youll want to give these guys light armour and shields as well

If you like nurgle you cant go wrong with some nurglings.

To be honest with you I dont really think you need a bsb and if you really want one... Nurgle characters really only do well in with beast characters. The cheapness of the characters(and the units for that matter) offsets the cost of the mark. Rarely are you going to have the points to outnumber some one to take advantage of fear.. And if you do make that big block the rest of your army suffers. On top of that that big block just got a big bullseye on it.. so now you got to spend more points to protect it.
Nurgle Minies is really good
Nurgle Shamans could be interesting.
I kinda like the idea of a pukeing nurgle deamon and the +1 wound proably benifits him the most. Got to have some nurgleings....there just so cute
Other than that im not so sure id use nurgle... but thats just me.

I could be way off here with my whole three games of experince under the new rules ... this is just what ive gathered by reading alot of posts.

maze ironheart
25-05-2007, 13:13
I was thinking that my Nurgle champion should be a beast but not sure I was thinking of having a unit of 19 pestigors followed by a hero beast of Nurgle.The only down side is I need some gors and ungors before I take them I could give the beast hero Chaos armour and editional hand weapon and great axe and a shield.I want my chaos army to be undivided so I can have different units beast would add something different thats why I added centegors not just because they are a cheap cavalry unit but to add something different.So I don't need a Champion of Khorne to take A unit of chaos worriors with the mark of Khorne then I could put the Champion of Nurgle and the chaos worriors of Nurgle points in to getting war hounds of chaos or some mauraders or change the chaos worriors of nurgle into chaos worriors of khorne.

theDarkGeneral
25-05-2007, 17:44
Well, do what best works for you, but the smaller sized units of Warriors are a bit of a waste...their usefullness is quickly negates by just 1 round of enemy Magic/Shooting, or solid charge...thus the larger blocks I field are better "ANVIVLS" then "HAMMERS"...also, it's themed, and if you're going to ever play in Tournaments, it's important for both Sportsmanship and Army Composition...Undivided is cool because of the flexability it grants you with unti choices...Flesh Hounds of Khorne are great, as are Chaos Furies...Nurglings are ok, but very slow compared to other choice options...Pestigors are very suseptible to Panic Checks, and thus the Gore Banner needed in with them...one issue most Chaos Armies tend to have is the numbers game...we're almost always outnumbered by our foes, so when you dump a lot of points into Characters, you amplify this problem...here's a quick list idea from some of what you've mentioned...

1x Exalted Champ: Undivided, Grt Wpn, Helm Many Eyes, Shield(131pts)
1x Bray-Shaman: Undivided, Bray-Staff, Lvl 1, 2x Dispel Scrolls(131pts)
1x Aspiring Champ: Nurgle, BSB, Armor Damnation, Sword Might(195pts)

15x Warriors of Chaos: Undivided, Chosen, Shields, FC, War Banner(370pts)
21x Warriors of Chaos: Nurgle, Shields, FC(395pts)
16x Warriors of Chaos: Khorne, Shields, FC(315pts)
9x Warhounds of Chaos: Packs(54pts)

15x Beast Herd: 7 Gors, Xtra Wpns, FC/8 Ungors, Spears(116pts)
16x Bestigors: Khorne, FC, Vitriolic Totem(292pts)
8x Chaos Furies: Undivided, Daemonic, Flyers(120pts)
8x Flesh Hounds of Khorne: Daemonic(128pts)

maze ironheart
26-05-2007, 18:38
Is this list a 1500pt list if so it's quite a good list So I should make my chaos worriors unit strength a bit smaller.

Coenono
28-05-2007, 04:20
First off Dark General thanks for the battle report!! Forgot to say that in my first post. Your army looks like a tough nut to crack.

Now Mr Ironheart the great thing about chaos is there are so many unit types the combos can get a bit crazy. I am of the opion that the 15+ size unit of warriors with just shields while larger will still suffer more than a smaller 12 size unit. Now while that 15+ size unit can take more shooting damage just looseing one puts you in the same cr as the 12. Now once in combat you are doing 5 attacks good ws so lets say four hit... and we will even be nice and say 3 wound. Enemy strikes back and lets say he dosent kill any. He has three ranks and a banner you have one rank and a banner. You just tied but now your getting flanked proably next turn... and thats being nice . 12 size unit takes one wound and still has its rank but this unit is packing a extra weapon 12 attacks 7 hit and 5 wound now you just won by 2. And to be honest i was proably a little high with the big unit and a little low with the other unit. Either way you go for 25 points you can take a war banner to give you a extra +1 that youll need. People also tend to over look smaller units and ive always felt its harder to wipe out two smaller units vs one big one.

Now heres the problem with bestigors ... Minotaurs are cheaper and Ironicly do the job better. If you want beasts and you want nurgle I would have to throw my hat in with a Doombull. Minotaurs as core ... that is just sweetness and the 5+ scaly skin.. put some light armour on that action . Proble 2 units at 1500 one with gw and one with xhw. Not to meation the doombulls sweet combat stats and ld9 should not be overlook... for less points than a Mortal lord and you get the same ld. The only problem with this is you cant take khorne warriors. And I guess you cant do this till you get to 2k... o well gives you a idea to take your army if your so inclined.

There is nothing wrong with takeing a beast herd even if you play mortals or you have a doom bull for a general. Herds can screen warriors and take on small units of troops or warmachine crew... they are also nice for hideing shamans ( Which by the way are cheaper and do more damage than mortal mages) w/360 degree line of site you can zap at will.

Its kinda up to you what direction you want to take your army. Best advise I guess I can give is to proxy some armys and play test be for you go spend that 50 bucks on that unit.

maze ironheart
29-05-2007, 12:16
Well, do what best works for you, but the smaller sized units of Warriors are a bit of a waste...their usefullness is quickly negates by just 1 round of enemy Magic/Shooting, or solid charge...thus the larger blocks I field are better "ANVIVLS" then "HAMMERS"...also, it's themed, and if you're going to ever play in Tournaments, it's important for both Sportsmanship and Army Composition...Undivided is cool because of the flexability it grants you with unti choices...Flesh Hounds of Khorne are great, as are Chaos Furies...Nurglings are ok, but very slow compared to other choice options...Pestigors are very suseptible to Panic Checks, and thus the Gore Banner needed in with them...one issue most Chaos Armies tend to have is the numbers game...we're almost always outnumbered by our foes, so when you dump a lot of points into Characters, you amplify this problem...here's a quick list idea from some of what you've mentioned...

1x Exalted Champ: Undivided, Grt Wpn, Helm Many Eyes, Shield(131pts)
1x Bray-Shaman: Undivided, Bray-Staff, Lvl 1, 2x Dispel Scrolls(131pts)
1x Aspiring Champ: Nurgle, BSB, Armor Damnation, Sword Might(195pts)

15x Warriors of Chaos: Undivided, Chosen, Shields, FC, War Banner(370pts)
21x Warriors of Chaos: Nurgle, Shields, FC(395pts)
16x Warriors of Chaos: Khorne, Shields, FC(315pts)
9x Warhounds of Chaos: Packs(54pts)

15x Beast Herd: 7 Gors, Xtra Wpns, FC/8 Ungors, Spears(116pts)
16x Bestigors: Khorne, FC, Vitriolic Totem(292pts)
8x Chaos Furies: Undivided, Daemonic, Flyers(120pts)
8x Flesh Hounds of Khorne: Daemonic(128pts)

This list dose sound good I am thinking of dropping the BSB as some have mentioned that I don't need it I might make him a normal champion with the equipment he has.I would make the Bray-shaman LV2 to stand a chance against warp lightning spells I would add another warhound to the unit to make it unit strength 10.Is this a 2000pt list if so it dose sound good but would this list be over powering.

theDarkGeneral
29-05-2007, 20:08
Glad you liked the Battle Report Coenono!

Maze Ironheart: Hope the list works well for you, and make any tweaks that you feel needed or wanted...it's your list!

maze ironheart
30-05-2007, 12:22
Glad you liked the Battle Report Coenono!

Maze Ironheart: Hope the list works well for you, and make any tweaks that you feel needed or wanted...it's your list!

I thank you DarkGeneral for helping me with the army so the army list you writed is 1500pts or 2000pts.

theDarkGeneral
30-05-2007, 15:46
I believe it's 2,000pts or 2,250pts which is quite common...