PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt Night Goblin Army - No Skarsnik!

Grimmeth
14-05-2007, 22:03
Lord
Night Goblin Warboss (In Unit 1)
Shield
Horn of Urgok
Armour of Gork

(I figured a cowardly Goblin would love to hide behind a shield - Horn of Urgok should give a leadership boost and Armour of Gork should help in case the Horn backfires - as well as increase survivability)

Heroes
Night Goblin Big Boss (In Unit 1)
BSB
Big Red Raggedy Banner

(Red Raggedy Banner seems much more effective than Bad Moon Banner, but could easily be swapped out)

Night Goblin Shaman (In Unit 3)
Extra Level
2x Magic Mushrooms
Dispel Scroll

Night Goblin Shaman (In Unit 2)
Extra Level
2x Magic Mushrooms
Mad Cap Mushrooms

Core
28 Night Goblins (unit 1)
Spears
Netters
3 Fanatics
Full Command

29 Night Goblins (Unit 2)
Spears
Netters
3 Fanatics
Full Command

27 Night Goblins (Unit 3)
Full Command

8 Spider Riders
Boss
Musician

8 Spider Riders
Boss
Musician

Special
Squig Herd
4 Hunting Teams

2 Spear Chukkas

7 Squig Hoppers

Squig Herd
4 Hunting Teams
Rare
Doom Diver Catapult

4 Common Trolls

The army is mainly a narrative one, but obviously I'd like to have a chance of winning some games with it!
OK, general thoughts would be muchly appreciated, but main points I'm wondering are:
Is a NG army viable without Skarsnik? Would I be better trying to change the points around to include him?
Would a Giant be better than the Trolls?

Obviously, anything else would be much appreciated!

forthegloryofkazadekrund
15-05-2007, 09:19
i would say get rid of the trolls for a giant, the enemy will focus on it alowing the gobs to move into fanatic range

i personally would get rid of the spear chuckers and the doom diver as you dont have enought fire power to stand around, you have to go forwards, use the points for more squigs

Grimmeth
15-05-2007, 17:34
Squig herds or hoppers?
Incidentally, are Hoppers worth it? On paper they look like they could hit kinda hard, but will get wasted once they've expelled their initial attacks.

forthegloryofkazadekrund
16-05-2007, 08:30
i would say herds, even if the "prodders" get rilled the herd goes boing attacking lots of stuff i think - dont have book in front of me

also try having the itty ring in the army to try to take out enemy army standards

hoppers can hide around cover and have the -1 to hit for skirmishers but i dont think they are that good, you might have a different experience

take a fanatic out of unit 1 and 2 and put them in unit 3, more flexability plus if your unit panics all those fanatics are dead

as a side note foot of gork is so funny d6 st 6 hits on 2 wood elf spell singers on turn 5 and 6 in a game on monday i played, splat!!!!

Grimmeth
17-05-2007, 18:26
I'm liking the idea with the fanatics - would like to put the 'itty ring in but not sure what to get rid of to do it! (could lose the Horn of Urgok but I'm not sure if I'd prefer the extra LD or the ring...)

forthegloryofkazadekrund
18-05-2007, 08:59
defenetaly keep the horn, very good item to have, hmmm, what are the local armies around your area like?

Grimmeth
18-05-2007, 20:33
Heh... that'd be a good question! Not played any of them yet... I kinda took a bit of a hiatus from Workshop and have come back recently.
How about if I knock one of the shammies down to lvl 1, get rid of the mushrooms and give him the ring?

forthegloryofkazadekrund
19-05-2007, 08:31
its not really worth having a lvl1 wizard as the spell you could get could be a bit naff and the number 1 spell is very naff, if you do use the ring i would say use it last and use it to hit army standards and wizards, 2 hits and bang they go byebye - hopefully - so you can get rid of dispel dice, on the first time you use it your opponent will think you have run out of spells and bang