PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Tzeentch magic bash

Sir_Lunchalot
15-05-2007, 07:10
This is a power army. I know it is quite possibly cheesy, beardy, and so forth. that said, I wouldn't be surprised if there are some giant holes in it, which is why I'm posting it here.

LORDS

Chaos Lord with Mark of Tzeentch, Dragon of Chaos, Enchanted Shield, Golden Eye of Tzeentch, Spell Familiar, sword of might
785 pts

HEROES

Exalted Champion with Mark of Tzeentch and shield
172 pts

Exalted Champion with Mark of Tzeentch and shield
172 pts

CORE

Warriors of Chaos
16 warriors with shields, full command, Mark of Tzeentch
260 pts

Warriors of Chaos
16 warriors with shields, full command, Mark of Tzeentch
260 pts

Marauders of chaos
10 marauders with great weapons
70 pts

SPECIAL

Chaos Chariot with mark of Tzeentch
140 pts

Chaos Chariot with mark of Tzeentch
140 pts

1999 pts

adding it up the army has 6 dispel dice and a whopping 14 power dice, 6 of the power dice may be used by any wizard, so I've got a lot of flexibility with who uses all of their spells. The champions will go in the chariots, and the chariots will be fielded together, to make for one 'uber charge. The warriors and marauders will work as a team, with the marauders in the middle, ready to flank charge something that hits the warriors, or they'll be out front to be used as bait. The lord on the dragon is the central killy part of the army, with ihs 4 magic levels, chaos lord statline, and dragon, he should be able to nuke things with magic as well as tearing through regiments singlehandedly (from the flank and rear of course!)

my worry is that I've got a pretty small model count. I'm thinking of dropping the warriors down to units of 10, and increasing the size of the marauder unit, or maybe adding a few more. any suggestions?

wildkarrde0
15-05-2007, 09:53
this sort of list can do well if play with correctly and not having the load hit by cannon balls helps too. first thing the chariots are core choices for mortal chaos i would drop both units of warriors replaceing them with marauders and some fast cav my reson is that you can cast 4 spells on three dice in your magic phase which means they should all be sucessful and could draw out at least four dispel dice if your opponent really has to stop one of them.

Sasha
15-05-2007, 11:28
i'd be tempted to take some undivided sorcerors as tzeentch spells aren't all that great.

Sir_Lunchalot
15-05-2007, 18:18
Sorry, I forgot to mention it's an archaon's horde list, so that's why the chariots are special, and it's why I've got the silly 16 strong units. It's actually cheaper to have a 16 strong block with free command than a 15 strong block with a command you pay for.

MarcoPollo
16-05-2007, 02:07
Quite a beast indeed. A tough nut to crack for sure.

But, the eggs in one basket approach is telling. And given the miscasts that can happen these days. Could be quite rough on you at times too.