PDA

View Full Version : the fighting rank and spears

forthegloryofkazadekrund
15-05-2007, 08:40
hi
this cropped up yesterday, my poor night goblin unit with spears wandering along minding thier own business looking at daisys contemplating world peace were attacked by a group of tree hugging dancing hippies led by a wardancer lord and a group of mobile foliage, they went and slaughtered 16 gobs between them :(, now heres the question acording to one of the peeps at the gaming club my second rank cant fight back because my unit was 8x5 the first 2 ranks were "destroyed" because of so many casualties and cant fight back because they become the fighting rank as they move forwards to fight my opponent agreed with him, i didnt

ideas?

Braad
15-05-2007, 09:40
If the second rank is dead, they can't fight. Simple as that, as far as I know...
No moving forward during a round of combat or whatever.

Falcon
15-05-2007, 09:58
... my poor night goblin unit with spears wandering along minding thier own business looking at daisys contemplating world peace...

Yea right! Probably stealing mushrooms from the forest and anything else they could get their grubby hands on! ;)

T10
15-05-2007, 10:05
ideas?

Keep your goblins alert and focused on the task at hand.

Also, have them die less.

-T10

Sir Spoon 88
16-05-2007, 03:53
Such are wardancers. Very brutal. N since when do goblins contemplate world piece? more like world pieces!

Vattendroppe
16-05-2007, 05:30
ideas?

Put them in cute little black shrouds with those nice little crescents on top. Then have one or two of them stuffed with mushrooms! That should do the trick. Or wait, those hippies are skirmishers...

But yes, if the second rank dies it's dead, it can't fight back. I imagine that the rest needs their combat fase to move forward so that they can fight... Ehm... Fight between gobbos and wardancers? Anyway, so that they can pick up the fight/be completely slaughtered again next round of combat.

T10
16-05-2007, 06:52
EDIT: Slashed text...

-T10

Falcon
16-05-2007, 07:12
I don't think cc between a single unit of night goblins and wardancers is fair. A group of wardancers 6+champion is 1.5 times as much as the gobbos. Also, wardancers are made to chew up light infantry. There's a good chance he'll chew up much of your first 2 ranks especialy on his charge.

You'l just have use those extra points to be sneaky and fight dirty ;) Otherwise, hope he has bad luck with his roll. :(

forthegloryofkazadekrund
16-05-2007, 08:16
so i dont get my second rank then :(, my poor gobs, got my revenge by smashing 2 fanatics through them and the dryads in one turn killing over half the unit

Falcon
16-05-2007, 08:59
so i dont get my second rank then :(, my poor gobs, got my revenge by smashing 2 fanatics through them and the dryads in one turn killing over half the unit

Excuse me for saying so, but that does not sound too unbalanced?

Around 45 pts of damage to the goblins, 90pts + damage to the wood elves :confused:

Braad
16-05-2007, 09:45
Indeed... your gobbo's did exactly what they are there for... DIE!

Fanatics, netters and perhaps some black orcs to scrape away the remains...

Falcon
16-05-2007, 10:33
My advice to you:

Do not waste the points on spears! Spend it on something else :D