PDA

View Full Version : Just being paranoid?

BlackViper
15-05-2007, 12:10
Ok, I bought a whole world of Cityfight terrain at the weekend and so far I've built three of the buildings. Whilst doing so I've checked various LOS around the terrain several times, and several times I've almost had an eye out on the uber-gothic spikes that seem to be positioned exactly where you're most likely to get a nice juicy shot!

So, I was just wondering whether anyone else had noticed the same thing, or whether anyone had been rushed to casualty half way through a paticularly heated game?

It's true - even though I'm 25, they don't usually let me play with sharp things! ;)

Darn nice buildings though!

0ld1eye
15-05-2007, 12:16
hehe, can't say I've ever had that problem. I gashed my hand once on my board, though, my gravel texturing is like razors:(
as for the hobby element... ouch. don't get me started. sometimes I really hate working with metal models...

Darkangeldentist
15-05-2007, 12:37
They do seem designed to catch you out. Whether an eye, hand or sleeve those city fight buildings seem to get caught whenever they can. Often with the attempt ot impale.

So not paranoid. They are out to get you!

Mr_Smiley
15-05-2007, 13:01
Remember what Nirvana said: "Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not watching you".

TheKiiier
15-05-2007, 13:06
Ah, but you see, only blood will quench their particular thirst. Did you not know? There is an unspoken dark pact to this hobby. To enjoy you must sacrifice! That could take many forms like the near constant rape of your wallet/bank account, the need to get the newest and latest model or the back pains and near blindness of hunching over your craft table/hobby area squinting while you build and paint your legion of mini's.

BlackViper
15-05-2007, 13:10
So... let me get this strait; My new city fight buildings are not only slightly spikey and dangerous.... they're actually WATCHING me!? AND hankering after my blood?

Why that doesn't seem very fair, considering what I paid for them!
:-(

Curufew
15-05-2007, 13:11
Just chop off those spikey bitz and all is solved

TheKiiier
15-05-2007, 13:15
Just chop off those spikey bitz and all is solved

You trifle with dark powers! I would not advise it but the consequences be on your head. I wash my hands of the matter, good luck with that.

AventineCrusader
15-05-2007, 14:50
Yeah, I have a pretty nasty scar on my arm from trying to pick up a model off one of those buildings. After that I filed the points a little bit duller...

TheKiiier
15-05-2007, 15:29
Seriously, all joking aside this hobby is chock full of "dangerous" mini's and stuff. But I would really advise against altering them to be more "play safe" by cutting or removing something. As suggested above it would be better to lighly file down sharp things to a dull point but in a way that doesn't affect the original look of it. Of course it's your stuff so you can do what you please but I just so love the look of the building kits that I don't like them being DEFACED(!) in such a vile way. Anyway do what you want but just be careful because no matter how dull it can still impale you if your not mindful what your doing and where you/everything is, especialy if you snag something on you clothes and bring it crashing down to the unforgiving floor after putting in all that hard work.

hivefleetcarrion
15-05-2007, 15:50
could you not just green stuff something across the spikes to make it a rail, or put some green stuff on the end to cap it?

Spook101
15-05-2007, 16:11
greenstuff would work

may be expensive, but they look better than my crapy cardboard ones

Horsetrank
16-05-2007, 11:55
It's not paranoia if it's true.

Gutlord Grom
16-05-2007, 12:42
Remember, don't let anyone shrink you down to the size of a rat and then drop you over them. GW specifically designed those spikes to kill rats.

Bunnahabhain
16-05-2007, 12:51
2nd ed Gretchin were worse for this. The starter box had 40 of them, and they all have spiky hats scattered across the battlefield like landmines....

Angelwing
16-05-2007, 15:18
File down those spikey bits on the buildings. I've cut and stabbed myself on those things.
Others worthy of mention:
2nd ed gretchin.
4th ed plastic goblins, chaos dwarfs and beastmen

Shallowain
16-05-2007, 16:12
4th ed plastic goblins

You worry about those? have you seen the spikiness of the bfsp ones? Have you ever put your hand accidently on one fully ranked unit of those? These are spikey like hell!

Urban Knight
16-05-2007, 16:22
The supplement to accompany the new city fight terrain was called 'Cities of Death' for a reason.

You were all warned.

dark blade
16-05-2007, 16:37
i hasve a small scar from when i fell over on to abbadon the despoilers sowrd

Nabeshin1106
16-05-2007, 16:41
I stabbed myself pretty bad on the Cities of Death Buildings when i was transporting some to the local hobby shop. I bled for about 10 minutes. I'm more carfeul around them now.

Jedi152
16-05-2007, 16:43
You worry about those? have you seen the spikiness of the bfsp ones? Have you ever put your hand accidently on one fully ranked unit of those? These are spikey like hell!
I guarantee you 4th ed ones were sharper. Seriously, the spear was so sharp i swear the tip was like a molecule wide.

I've stepped on them more than once. They hurt! I'm sure GW's legal people have had a word since then and ensured current plastics are less sharp, and satanic.

Sabbad
16-05-2007, 16:51
BFSP Goblins are sharp. I actually find the noses to be even worse than the spear tips. I've seen someone get stabbed by a Callidus Assassin's poisened blade too.

@ OP: My first experience of playing on a CoD board was at my local GW. I stabbed myself A LOT on those spikes, though not as much (and as bloodily) as my brother did. Not only were the spikes annoying and painful, but everytime they impaled you they would bend and have their shape ruined, meaning that even their aesthetic purpose was lost.

When I got my CoD buildings, I clipped off the spikes. I would reccomend that others do the same.

BlackViper
16-05-2007, 17:26
Wow, some passionate reactions there - and to think I was worried about being laughed outa the forum!

Anyone ever stood on a D4?
Anyone ever swallowed a D4?

RavenMorpheus
16-05-2007, 18:01
Gretchin with spiked helmets - lethal
Choas models with spiky bits sprue bits on - lethal
Terrain - not lethal, your not likely to drop it and stand on it :D