PDA

View Full Version : Tournament 2000pts Combat Dwarf Army

alenui
15-05-2007, 17:31
Hey guys i'm away from my dwarf book at the minute but i have had an idea for an army to use for tournaments so my list isn't too specific.

I haven't played with dwarfs before but i'm not really interested in a sit back and shoot army for them.

Dwarf Lord/Thane: good save, great weapon, rune that makes enemy unit charge or flee from this unit. (under 200pts)
Runesmith: shield, 3 scrolls
Thane: BSB (rune to move after deployment)

20 Warriors: shields, Full Command (BSB)
20 Warriors: shields, Full Command (Runesmith)
20 Warriors: Great Weapons, Full command

20 Iron Breakers, Full command, (immune to fear and terror rune) (Lord)
20 Miners: Full command steam drill,

2 organ guns

When i get near my book i can work it out more accurately.

The plan was to advance the four blocks forward to try and pound through the enemy and bring the miners up where needed. The organ guns are there to shoot units of cavalry which try to get round my flanks, and maybe shoot big things like treemen, giants etc.

I was wondering what you guys thought since i haven't played with dwarfs before.

DesertDirge
15-05-2007, 19:28
I like the list.. might have your normal trouble. If you change anything change a unit of warriors into crossbows.. or maybe work rangers into the list.

RavenBloodwind
16-05-2007, 04:11
Generally a solid approach.

Considerations:
If you really want to go after the enemy the anvil of doom allows you to make extra moves which can be highly effective.

Swapping an organ gun for a cannon or two bolt throwers increases your shooting flexibility.

I am inclined to agree with the above post about picking up some additional shooting, perhaps ranger crossbows.

alenui
17-05-2007, 20:47
:mad: Ok got near a dwarf book today here is the proper list.

Dwarf Lord: Rune of Stone, Rerollable save rune great weapon, Master Rune of Challenge: 206pts
Runesmith: shield, 3 scrolls: 147pts
Thane: BSB Strollaz Rune: 145pts

20 Warriors: shields, Full Command (BSB) 205pts
20 Warriors: shields, Full Command (Runesmith) 205pts
20 Warriors: Great Weapons, Full command 225pts
10 Thunderers: Shields, Musician: 155pts

20 Iron Breakers, Full command, (immune to fear and terror rune) 320pts(Lord)
20 Miners: Full command steam drill: 270pts

1 Organ Gun: 120pts

1998pts

I will never take an anvil of doom.:mad:

The threat of the organ gun should protect my flanks but i have added 1 unit of thunderers for an organ gun, to balance it out a bit. I want stuff with armour penetration to get through knights armour if they come round the flank so Crossbows aren't the best choice for this role especially since i have strollaz anyway to get the organ gun and thunderers forward.

Silver Dragon Flame
17-05-2007, 23:54
Hmm, the miners are there to come from the ground I take it?
If so, I would strongly recommend splitting it in two. This provides for greater flexibility aswell as less of a groin kick would they find themselves under a heap of stone.

Deathraven
18-05-2007, 09:26
I agree with RaveBloodwind. Swapping an organ gun for a cannon will diversify your range of threats while still allowing you to protect you flanks from heavy cav.

alenui
23-05-2007, 01:47
Ok how about this?

Dwarf Lord: Shield Bearers Rune of Stone, Rerollable save rune, great weapon, Master Rune of Challenge: 231pts
Runesmith: shield, 3 Runes of Spell Breaking: 147pts
Thane: BSB Strollaz Rune: 145pts

20 Warriors: shields, Standard, Musician (BSB) 195pts
15 Long Beards: shields, Full Command, Rune of Break Test on D6 (Runesmith) 225pts
10 Thunderers: Shields, Musician: 155pts

19 Iron Breakers, Full command, (immune to fear and terror rune) 307pts(Lord)
15 Miners: Full command steam drill: 215pts
10 Hammerers: Shields: 130pts
10 Hammerers: Shields: 130pts

1 Organ Gun: 120pts

2000pts

As far as i can tell miners should turn up on a 2+ turn 4 onwards and don't misfire so to speak if the miners don't turn up my opponent doesn't get the points.