PDA

View Full Version : All vomiting chaos army

sandpeople
15-05-2007, 19:48
Ok, ok I know. This list is probably worthless against most opponents, but I really like themed armies. In this list every single model can vomit!

The plaguebearers at S3, the trolls at S5 (with no save) and the characters at S3 with a -2 on the save.

The plan would be to march forward as quickly as possible keeping a straight line, while the flying terror-causing daemons land on the side of a gunline unit spewing on the entire unit. The Prince can land behind cavalry and kill a couple of models with the blade of ether (could be combined with soul hunger). When the enemy charges in he has to charge and break through the line or get flank-charged the next turn. Off course IŽll have to deal with any enemy flyers fast.

I could perhaps exchange the GuO against more trolls, but he would be nice to have in the big block of plaguebearers allowing the trolls nearby to use his LD.
Maybe exchange 3 plaguebearers against an additional magic level for the prince.

Daemon Prince 525pts
Options: Level 2 Wizard; Nurgle; Blade of the Ether; Diabolic Splendour; Stream of Corruption

Great Unclean One 600pts

Exalted Daemon 360pts
Options: Level 1 Wizard; Nurgle; Diabolic Splendour; Stream of Corruption

15 x Plaguebearers 240pts (Core)

10 x Plaguebearers 160pts (Core)

16 x Plaguebearers 256pts (Core)

10 x Plaguebearers 160pts (Core)

4 x Chaos Trolls 220pts (Special)

What do you think?

KingTut
15-05-2007, 19:55
I think your crazy.
As much as i like plaugebearers I dont like trolls. I just dont. Stupid at ld 4 and 1! attack that is S5 (then again i play agianst dwarves the most)
Not a chaos player btw.

The Underdog
15-05-2007, 20:59
I can't really offer any tactical advice but it's such a crazy and imaginitive theme that I think you should go for it. I love it!!!

Hope it plays ok.

|twynsic|e
15-05-2007, 21:28
I think you overestimate the effectivness of daemons, your greatest static combat resolution is 2 (ranks.)
In combat 5 daemons vs Empire infanty with sword and shield, auto hit (vomit), wound on 4, save of 4 ~ 1 casualty, your opponent wins by 2 and you take a leadership test on 6. (and for you 10 men unit <5)
Also, I doubt you will get flank charges, in 3000 points your not only going to be facing a ton of cavalry, but when the enemy reaches you, its going to be in the form of a battleline, sure you may flank one or two, but theres still going to alot whose flanks are guarded by friendly unit (or alternativly will flank you as soon as you flank them.

Ivan the Terrible
16-05-2007, 05:20
I think its Great! Vomit on dude!

sulla
16-05-2007, 05:50
If you want an all vomiting army just play Dwarves led by Bugman...;)

Braad
16-05-2007, 10:39
I don''t think the list and tactic is very powerfull, but if you model each and every mini covered in puke, then you might be able to overcome your enemies while they are on the floor, laughing their brains out...

On the other hand, my (O&G) trolls once puked a unit of dark elf cold one knights straight to hell...

Tutore
16-05-2007, 14:42
Great idea! You'll lose most battles but the enemy ends up with a messy army!!

Morph
16-05-2007, 21:37
What can I say but "eeewwwwww"

theunwantedbeing
16-05-2007, 22:26
Sadly its illegal.
The daemonic gifts on your exaulted daemon are illegal,so need to be dropped to make it legal(which means it wont be an all vomiting army)

The best tactics for the army would be to go for one side of the battlefield,and stick everything you have on that side,trolls infront of the Guo and the plaguebearers and advance forwards that way.

You also have room for 2 more plaguebearer's.
(well room for 5 more if you simply drop the items off the exaulted daemon,or room for 24 more if you drop it entirely)

Omegakai
16-05-2007, 23:15
MY freinds vomit themed army was.
GUO
3x14-16 PB's
1 unit of nurglings
3 chaos trolls.

worked rather well.

Sanjuro
17-05-2007, 00:22
I gotta ask - d'ya often play 3000 pts battles? I mean, often enough that you could justify building this army?

I think you should aim for something around the 2000-2250 pts line.