PDA

View Full Version : A new fleet arrives

Fredox
15-05-2007, 20:22
Well part of it.

Got home today to find a nice little package waiting for me. The first part of my AI order has arrived. I'm now the proud owner of 4 Hell Talons. According to the invoice some other items were out of stock. So, I'll have to wait for the 9 Hell Blades to arrive.

I was supprised at just how big the planes were. I was expecting something a little smaller but I'm not dissopointed. I'm going to straighten them out on the weekend and then i'm determined to paint them. at 13 models it's not a lot of work and it'll be my first ever completely painted force (even for skirmish games). Thats the reason I'm here. I've never painted Chaos before and havent a clue how to paint them. I like the cylon raider look but bet it's been done to death and the only other scheen I like the look of is Night Lords. As the only refrence I've got is the AI book do any of you guys know any other scheems?

On a side note the new forge world bags are nicer than the old ones.

mageboltrat
15-05-2007, 22:49
The Hell blades are really tiny though.. :) I was surprised by the difference

fattdex
16-05-2007, 00:51
Don't do something too fiddly! I did word bearers, and had to do a heap of lining in specific edges in metal. A pain in the butt.

And use foundation paints if you can!

mageboltrat
16-05-2007, 01:30
You think you had it bad. I green stuffed my blades and wittled little bone spines,

Ratchet
17-05-2007, 10:21
I painted my Choas stuff in Khorne colours. Was easy as pie to paint.

Brazen brass, then shining gold, then a chesnut wash. drybrush mitral silver. Then paint in the lowered section with gore red, then some blood red, and a small orange highlight.

took about 3 hours to do 6 hellbaldes and 4 hell talons. got 4 more helltalons today, and awaitng 6 more hell blades then my chaos force is complete. Going to get some space marine stuff for the Chaos Marine section of the amry, cos at the moment, ive got no transports or ground defenses!