PDA

View Full Version : lore of beasts article help

blackcherry
15-05-2007, 21:48
Ok I know this sound a bit wierd, but i was looking at the lores of magic today to see what would best be used for my beasts of chaos army and I have to say the lore of beasts in my eye really does kick **** since the redux. I was planning to make a bit of an article on the lore itself and would like to collect your musings on how you may use it or just how your views on how to use the spells, with the eventual aim of collating your ideas with my own knowlege for either an online or WD article (anything to improve the content! ).

Knowing that there are quite a few people who know quite a bit about warhammer i thought i would open it up to everyone on the forum.

First though people, i would like to know who can use the lore of beasts! I know beastmen can obviously as well as the lizzies slan and i would guess the empire. any others- and how would you use the lore with that army?

Any ideas would be appriciated.

god octo
15-05-2007, 22:01
Wood elves can also use the Lore of beasts, and after the nerfing the Lore of life got, I am considering swapping to the lore of beasts. The hunter's spear ( right name?) seems very useful,, as WE have very little High strength shooting. Plus, the beast cowers will help out my Spellweaver and her wardancer retinue, as it reduces the number of attacks they face.

ehlijen
15-05-2007, 23:54
You got the rallying spell (nice if you like fleeing from charges but not many opportunities to use it otherwise), a magic missle, the cowering beast is amazing against chariots and monsters (I actually think it's better against unengaged monsters to hold them inplace for a turn), the spear for those who want a baby bolt thrower, a movement spell and a handy little first spell to boost characters (that don't rely on equipment as you can't use shields or weapons any more).

Some good spells, but it's difficult to plan the wizards role with them. The offensive spells are midrange and need los (preferrably flank for the spear), the oxen and the cowering beast can be used from anywhere so you get to hide your wizard, and for the other two, he needs to be at or near the front.

It's actually a good choice for bretonnian damsels, now that so many life spells need line of sight. Hiding them in knight units still lets them use all but two of the spells for full effect and they can still shoot those two at large or high ground targets.

As for who can use it: empire, slann, bretonnia, wood elf lords but not heroes, beasts (as you said), high elfs and dow

Sedge
16-05-2007, 13:22
I have to admit I like the lore of beast. A very useful support spell list.

Any chance of having a copy of the article when youve writen it. It would be good for our clubs newsletter :)

Falkman
17-05-2007, 15:11
It's actually a good choice for bretonnian damsels, now that so many life spells need line of sight. Hiding them in knight units still lets them use all but two of the spells for full effect and they can still shoot those two at large or high ground targets.
As far as I know they can only use three of the spells to any extent while hiding in a lance.
Bear's anger can only be cast on models on foot, and while you theoretically could use it on peasant champions and such, why would you let your lance hang back just to do that?

Deathraven
18-05-2007, 06:05
I often use it with my high elves. After buying seer so I can choose my spells, I find that the beast cowers and ther hunter's spear are a great way to deal with opponent's heavy cav.