PDA

View Full Version : 2000 point WE

mazdaboq
07-08-2005, 23:47
ok, this is my first list in nearly a year, so please bear with me. I got the new WE's battalion and book, and this is wha ti came up with after reading it.

2000 point WE's

Lord - Highborn (alter kindred, additional hand weapon, light armor, shield, bow of loren, hagbane arrows, a pageant fo shrikes) - 287

Hero - Branchwraith (lvl 1 wizard, cluster of radiance, murder of sprites) general - 165

Core - Glade Guard - 12 guards, w/ full command - 168
Dryads - 11 dryads, + branch nymph - 156
Dryads - 12 dryads - 156
Dryads - 12 dryads - 156
Eternal Guard - 12 guard w/full command - 174

Special - Wardancers - 7 dancers - 126
Wild Riders - 10 riders w/ full command - 296

Rare - Treeman - 285
Great Eagle - 50

Total models: 81
PD: 3
DD: 4
Total points: 1995

So there's my list, and to anyone who reads it, please tear it apart, and tell me whats good, what's bad, and whart just should not be there, thnx

samw
08-08-2005, 00:14
Right:

Highborn-swap the hagbane arrows for either starfire or arcane bodkins, they'll pay their points back better. Give him a Great weapon over two hand weapons, and drop the pageant for some protection, the 3+ ward from non-magical attacks would be good if you have the points.

Branchwraith-not bad but she won't protect you from much enemy magic, I highly recommend a scroll caddy. (lv1 mage + 2 dispel scrolls)

Core- Drop the command from the Glade guard, it's just more victory points for the enemy. The Eternal Guard are just not worth it without a noble to make them stubborn. Drop them.
The Dryad Units seem a little large, remember you are unlikely to ever get more than 7 in base to base contact. Trim them.

Special-good size for the wardancers, perhaps a champ and musician? That's a lot of Wild Riders in one unit. Remember as fast cav they get no rank bonus. I would recommend dropping to 6/7.

Rare- Eagles rock. The treeman in my opinon is not worth his points, especially as in this army you will never get his tree singing off. I think you should drop him.

Just my 2 pence

mazdaboq
08-08-2005, 01:12
(new) 2000 point WE's

Lord - Highborn (alter kindred, great weapon, light armor, shield, bow of loren, Arcane Bodkins, amber pendant) - 282

Hero - Spellsinger ( 2 dispell scrolls, lvl 2 wizard ) general - 140
Noble (light armor, shield, great weapon, alter kindred, helm of the hunt, glamourweave) - 158

Core - Glade Guard - 12 guards- 144
Glade Guard - 12 guards- 144
Dryads - 7 dryads, + branch nymph - 96

Special - Wardancers - 7 dancers, w/command - 147
Wild Riders - 6 riders w/ full command - 208
Wild Riders - 6 riders w/ full command - 208

Rare - Great Eagle - 50
Waywatchers - 9 watchers w/ shadow sentinel - 176

Total models: 77
PD: 4
DD: 3
Total points: 1995

the plan is to have the noble and highborn near each other, the highborn can snipe off enemy units/characters, while the noble charges and holds up any units getting to close to the highborn. I would keep one unit of dryads near by to help the noble. The two units of wild riders would, well, go wild, one on each side to catch a good flank.

instead of the second noble, I was thinking of adding the branchwraith in agian, bringing the grand total to 2003 points, but that is going to depend on what im facing, but what do u think of the new list, agian, please, tear it apart, i need to make a good one, thnx

***changed the unit size of dryads, and added more waywatchers, thnx proximity.

proximity
08-08-2005, 01:59
Dryads
Unit Size : 8-20

might need to touch that up a bit more :p

samw
08-08-2005, 03:33
Drop the mage to lv1 if you're not going to reinclude the branchwraith (even then...) Also, cut the waywatchers down to size and drop the champ. Give one of the Wild Rider units the Warbanner, great little item.

mazdaboq
08-08-2005, 15:54
well if i knock down the watchers to lets say 7, the spellsinger to a lvl 1, im left with a bit of points, i put a war banner into one unit of wild riders, but i need to know if you can have more than one war banner per army, like dispell scrolls, or if i give one an enchanted banner (a 25 point one), and the other a war banner.

Also, would it be worth it to put the spellsinger into the glamourweave kindred, on an alven steed, and put her with a bodyguard unit of dryads, or how else should i spend the 48 left over points?

Freak Ona Leash
08-08-2005, 16:07
how else should i spend the 48 left over points?
More Dryads. More dryads fixs all of life's problems. If you're a Welvsie that is...

samw
08-08-2005, 20:54
Freak that's not true anymore than to say cannons answer all a Dwarf players problems :p

You can't take more than one warbanner mazdaboq. Hail of Doom arrow for the Alter hero perhaps? fantastic item.

Freak Ona Leash
08-08-2005, 21:40
Actually Bolt Thowers solve all of Dwarf's problems except skirmishers. ;) Cannons do a good job of solving the problem of over-powered characters thoughh...

Snarkling
09-08-2005, 18:35
I didn't think you could take the same kindred more then once per army...or is that spite....so confused

Everence
10-08-2005, 12:33
Its the spites that you can't take more than one of in an army. Heck, you can take all your heroes as an alter kindred if you wanted to. Well, no you can't because you need a general but you can take all waywatchers kindred (I think).