PDA

View Full Version : Feral Uruk's

Apple Dave
15-05-2007, 22:53
Evening all

Im thinking of expanding my Isengard force and including some of the Feral Uruk-hai models, so i have a few quick questions for those in the know:

Which rule book/supplement will i find their rules in? Im a bit behind on the rule books and I'm trying to catch up, so to speak, I've got the Big Blue one and next will be the Shadow in the East and Khazad-Dum.

How do they compare to other models such as Uruk-hai and Berserkers?

I already own two but I've set aside 5.40 for another blister, so finally: Does anyone reccommend them? Have you ever used them in a force or been on the receiving end of their charge.

As always all help and advice is greatly appreciated.
Apple Dave

Matt_Windu
15-05-2007, 23:41
well, their rules are in the two towers journey book, and they're basically berserker lites: they're a couple points cheaper than berserkers, have slightly lower defence and courage, and they fight with two hand weapons so they still get two attacks, but don't get the usual Great Weapon -1 to win/=1 to wound rule.
I haven't got round to doing an Isengard Raiders list yet so I couldn't tell you how they work out in battle yet.

Pertinax
16-05-2007, 08:32
I can't see really how they fit in. A Berzerker has better stats, and has 2 attacks. He also has the ability of using a normal weapon instead of the 2H-er that he carries. Hence, the "punch" of the bezerker is exactly the same as a feral.

In other words, you get a bezerker lite with a little lower stats, for almost the same points. They fill the same roll in the army.

I'd rather, if I had the option, go for the bezerker. I'm afraid I can't see the point of the ferals unless you are trying to put together a "pure raider" list.

And to be quite honest, I'm not sure I would take them then, either. I'd rather had a warg rider for the same points...

Dspankdo
16-05-2007, 08:49
although I would in general opt for normal bezerkers, the models are quite nice and you are not at any real disadvantage taking them over bezerkers.

Pertinax
16-05-2007, 10:17
Apart from having lower stats, less scare factor, and no 2H weapon.

Dspankdo
16-05-2007, 10:30
But they are a little bit cheaper and my point was more about the fact that they are nice models and if you like the look, then why not.

Gondorian
16-05-2007, 16:39
I've used them once, well i had three in a 700pt pure Isenguard raider army against dwarves in a conclusion to a little campaign I'd had with my opponent. Only one got up close the rest died at range, he did ok, took down a couple of dwarves then died.
They're pretty close to beserkers in all tactical aspects. My advice is, if you like the models get them, if you prefer beserker models get those, if you like niether don't bother with either.

cdc89
16-05-2007, 19:48
i used some in a couple of games a few days ago and we thought that they only do good if they are in a few numbers if there are more than 3 in a 700pt army them thay can take down some pretty good models like that great eagle with a good role but i would still rather have berserkers because of the high courage and the fact that they are usually in quite small armies anyway. but i would still rather have 5 or 6 warg riders purely because they are not likely to be shot down very quickly and can cause massive damage to infantry formations.