PDA

View Full Version : multiwound weapons and regeneration

Mawchild
15-05-2007, 23:33
Do characters with regeneration get to take the regen save before or after multiwound rolls are made. for example if hit by a boltthrower do they save for each wound or just make the one save before the the number of wounds are rolled for. Given the nature of regenration it would seem more logical that regen saves should be made against each wound rather than the attack itself but the rules seem to read the other way round. I want to know because if I take a weapon that causes d3 wounds against say a von carstan who has an armour save, ward save and regeneration I'd like to think that a multiwound weapon might actually help in hitting him. Especially if I can negate the AS by virtue of high strength.

sds661
16-05-2007, 00:23
Given the nature of regenration it would seem more logical that regen saves should be made against each wound rather than the attack itself but the rules seem to read the other way round.
Yes, the rules say to make the save before multiplying the wounds.

theunwantedbeing
16-05-2007, 00:31
You make all saves before multiplying wounds.
page 31, main rulebook.

mav1971
23-05-2007, 16:59
Regeneration is not a save. I'm pretty sure you take it after you roll for the number of wounds.

Atrahasis
23-05-2007, 17:18
Regeneration is not a save. I'm pretty sure you take it after you roll for the number of wounds.

You're wrong. Regneration is exactly like a ward save except it cannot be used against fire-based attacks or killing blow.

loveless
23-05-2007, 17:54
And it can be taken after normal ward saves, don't forget that bit, Atrahasis.