PDA

View Full Version : 2000pts O&G army - Please review

Kodamas
16-05-2007, 10:26
See Below my 200pts army for a tournament in September. I plan on converting this army up but before U do I was wondering what you guys/gals thought of it.

Characters

1 Black Orc Warboss on a boar @ 265 Pts
Heavy Armour, Warboss Um's Best Big Boss At, Martog's Best Basha , Enchanted Shield, Bigged's 'ed Kickin Boots.

1 Black Orc Big Boss @ 114 Pts
Choppa; Heavy Armour; Battle Standard

1 Orc Shaman @ 115 Pts
Magic Level 1, Dispel Scroll

Core

2 x 25 Orc Boyz @ 180 Pts
Shield, full command

29 Orc Big 'Uns @ 380 Pts
Shield; Full Command, Morks Spirit Totem

Special

19 Black Orcs @ 318 Pts
Heavy Armour; full command

2 x Spear Chukka with Bully @ 40 Pts each.

2 x Boar Chariot @ 80 Pts each.

Rare

1 Giant @ 205 Pts

Casting Pool: 3
Dispel Pool: 3
Models in Army: 116
Total Army Cost: 1997

What do you think? I originally had some Gobbos in there but started to run out of points very quickly.

Lord_Byron
17-05-2007, 05:19
Looks pretty good.

I'd consider moving Mork's spirit totem onto the BSB and mount him on a boar, especially as he is carrying no other kit, as then he can move around to whichever unit is going to give him the highest rank bonus when casualties start to thin your ranks.

Think about giving the Waaagh Banner to the Black Orcs. With the Waaagh special rule and the banner combined, they can jump forward 10-20" in one turn, and can be quite a nasty surprise for the enemy.

I'm not sold on bullies for spear chukkas myself. They're so cheap that if something does go hunting them, the war machines hunters really aren't making their points back doing so.

You could drop a few big uns to get the points to make the changes, especially if the BSB has morks.

One question, I noticed the number of black orcs at 19. Are you planning on putting any characters in there? That's usually not a good idea. The general is best used putting his automatic success with the Waaagh on another unit, so that you will have 2 that succeed automatically, and the black orcs fight well enough without a big boss, and not well enough with a shaman taking up a place in the front rank.

Good luck.

Kodamas
17-05-2007, 09:28
The Black orc number is a mistake. it should be 20 with full command. Damn army builder and my poor editing skills.

The Bully is there because I see this list as kind of a 'ard boyz list with no goblins unless accompanied by an orc sorta thing.

I will look into the changes you suggested and see what I will do.

Anyone else?

Thanks
Echoes

forthegloryofkazadekrund
17-05-2007, 09:41
i can see your warboss is a mobile ranged weapon magnet on little piggy legs, without a unit to go in to he will get shot - lots

Kodamas
17-05-2007, 09:58
I can stick him in an infantry unit and not get shot. No? or have I read the rules wrongly.