PDA

View Full Version : Niggles are the worst

tenpole
16-05-2007, 14:46
In the original rule design niggles are meant to be a lesser evil of an attribute loss but I would rather have a tribute loss than a niggle. With a loss on MA, AG. AV or even ST you know where you stand it is just that minus and the player goes on the field with that loss. But with niggle you don't know if your player is going to make it to the next game and their is no way I am using the medic to field a player suffering from a niggle. When the niggles get multiplied then I have to retire the player so he is as good as dead.

In LRB 5 the niggling injury is recognized as being a serious infliction and a player has two chances out of 18 possible injury sceneraios.

The reason I am having my moan today is I retired Creep from Tenpole Mecca simply because his two niggles meant he had a high possibility of failing his niggle roll and I need all the cannon fodder I can get with the slave rats. So it was easier to consider him dead and get a replacement.

th0r
16-05-2007, 15:14
Yea, in most cases a -mv or ag isn't that bad, but having one of your top player not show up due to a niggling injury means your basically playing 30TR under, which could be a useful handicap. I usually retire all nigglers myself, but due to running a small HE squad at the moment, I'm pressed for manpower.

PhrollikK
17-05-2007, 10:42
I dislike retiring nigglers but sometimes it's a must. Having one maybe two nigglers in a squad is acceptable, as long as you replace them as soon as possible. But in my beginning matches on FUMBBL I have had the handicap Virus sprung on my team thus playing with 4 or 5 understrength!

tenpole
17-05-2007, 18:57
For the Tenpole mecca I need every player I can get in order to get through the match.

LordSnotball
24-05-2007, 15:41
Niggled players are best retired... if u don't, then the team slowly collects them and suddenly u find urself at TR220 with a team having 8 niggled players. if u retire them then u cripple your team.

In LRB5 niggles are just -1AV, and that is compensated by having a skill roll 10 giving u the option of +AV.

Anyway, LRB4 u just retire the niggled as long as u have 11 players, and get urself 1-2 assistant coaches... having 5 assistant coaches and 5 cheer leaders wins you a lot of kick off results, but means that on the pitch u are facing a stronger team... its like having 14+ players before reaching TR180, it just makes ur team suck and lose a lot...

tenpole
24-05-2007, 20:26
You made me check on niggle injuries on LRB5. The new rule for niggles is you miss the next game, yeah fine but after that the only troublesome point of having a niggle is that it modifies subsequent injuries adding 1 to the injury roll.

This is far better, no more missing a game because you failed your niggle roll, there isn't one. So the team you submit to play will be the team you field, unless there are handicaps that prevent niggled players, I have not looked yet into this one.

PhrollikK
26-05-2007, 19:37
Right my +block +tackle Nurgle's Beast (Internal Putrefaction) got niggled by Deng's damned chainsaw and left me with a contemplation: Should I ditch him ASAP and save up for a new beast (they skill pretty fast imo) or shall I stick with him and hope for the best... What would you do?

Deng Ham
26-05-2007, 19:43
I'd keep him while you save. And use the apo to get him on the pitch if he shoud fail his nig roll.

Atleast that is what I plan to do to my mino... Only need some cash for said apo.

th0r
26-05-2007, 19:44
might as well hang on to him until you have enough cash to replace him.