PDA

View Full Version : 2000 p. chaos nurgle

jackveneno
16-05-2007, 15:19
i am interested on the opinions of others on this list, i think that it would be incredible when it hits but wont stand long drawn out battles. i also want to know if it would be abusive to use something like this.

exalted champ.on steed. mark o/ nurgle

aspiring champ on foot. mark o/ nurgle (rides chariot)

5 knights, full command, mark o/ nurgle

5 knights, full command

6 knights, chosen, mark o/ nurgle, full command

10 marauder horsemen, flails, full command

6 marauder horsemen, flails

chariot

would i get clobbered??
would i get cries of cheese?

Sasha
16-05-2007, 15:21
you'd have to give the chariot mark of nurgle i think.

also, the fear from nurgle would work well with outnumbering which you're never going to have here. might as well leave everything undivided

DonHaka
16-05-2007, 15:26
I think you have to few models. Try to get som warhounds in! I was also wondering why you have 10 Horsemen in one unit and with full command? They donīt get rank bonus, because they are fast cav.

Cheers!

jackveneno
16-05-2007, 15:33
good point, i overlooked that fast cavalry thing.

i will take the mark off 1 of the knight units and see what i can add here and there.

theunwantedbeing
16-05-2007, 16:23
Exaulted champion needs a flail or something like that.
At least a sheild for a 1+ save.

Drop the chosen status and the champions from your knight units.
You can then afford 4 more knights,giving you 2 units of 7 and a unit of 6.
You also should try to find points for the mark of nurgle on the undivided unit.

Split the 10 marauder horsemen into 2 units,lose the full command giving each unit a musician and possibly a champion...the standard is simply not worth taking as it poses too great a risk of being captured,despite its +1 combat res bonus.

The chariot seems very out of place,not to mention it needs the mark of nurgle to be ridden by your nurgle aspiring champion.
I'de personally drop both of these things from the list completely,simply beacuse the rest of the army is too fast and if the enemy has a cannon,this will be the first thing to go leaving your champion on foot who will be easy pickings for just about anything.

You can then get a unit or 3 of warhounds 5 strong each,good for screening purposes and useful for flanking and taking down war machine crews and such.

As for fear....anyone who says only outnumbering for autobreaking is the point to fear is an idiot and should be ignored.
If you fail your fear test when wanting to charge somebody,you cant charge them,even if you outnumber them a billion to one,well worth remembering!

Sasha
16-05-2007, 17:13
so you're paying quite a lot of points (50 per unit) so your pretty tough and fast knights might not get charged? it might be slightly useful now and then, but not that useful. if you're paying that much per unit you want to make it more worthwhile by taking full advantage of fear.

outnumbering also gives the possibility of them fleeing your charge automatically (which is pretty handy)

it's not the point of fear, but it's certainly a point.

jackveneno
17-05-2007, 03:35
well i originally did not post the complete list, only the things that i remembered of the top of my head. here is the way i have the list as it is right now with some points left over for other choices.

exalted champ, enchanted shield, rending sword, mount, mark o/ nurgle

aspiring champ, shield berserker sword, mark o/ nurgle

sorcerer , level 2, power familiar

5 knights, full command

5 knights, full command

7 knights, chosen, war banner, full command, mark o/ nurgle

6 marauder horsemen, chieftain, flails

chariot

2 nurgling bases

i still have about 200+ points left and i am willing to take pointers, but the idea i have is a fast hard hitting army. any advise is welcome.

MarcoPollo
17-05-2007, 05:31
200 pts is perfect fit for 25 marauders with hw/la/shield and full command. With a character in there you can get that static CR and hit back. It will be immune to fear with a character.

Also, warhounds are important.

forthegloryofkazadekrund
17-05-2007, 10:03
against say a night gob army with out cheap expendables you would get anihalated by fanatics, same with magic at the moment, with only 1 spellcaster you might suffer a lot that i suppose is the problem with small armies

what are the regular armies around your area like

Neknoh
17-05-2007, 11:36

aspiring champ, shield berserker sword, mark o/ nurgle

sorcerer , level 2, power familiar

5 knights, full command

5 knights, full command

7 knights, chosen, war banner, full command, mark o/ nurgle

chariot

2 nurgling bases

Ok, so, this beeing your list, I'll ripp it appart for you ^^

First of all, if you are going nurgle, there are three ways:

1. MSU (most like your list)
2. Large units of daemons, beasts and warriors with the mark
3. lots of large units, mostly beast oriented list utilising the Fear Immunity and the idea that the opposition will have to check for fear whenever they're charging.

For the first one, which is, as said, mostly your list, there are a few vital points, first of all, you want the mark on each unit of Knights, one unit of 7 is US14, another unit of say, 4, is US 8, allone, not enough by far, teamed up, they can autobreak almost anything, especially due to their combat prowess.

So, to manage to get this on all of your knightly units, may I suggest dropping the Chosen status off of your one and only marked unit as to free up some points, also drop the warbanner and you've now got enough points to mark the remaining two units of Knights with the Mark of Nurgle.

Now that we've got your knights fixed up, let's have a look at your slightly slower parts, you've got Nurglings and you've got a Chariot, what would be nice would be something that could keep up with them without breaking up the army all too much, prefferably something that can fight decently as well, a large Beast Herd will fit the bill perfectly I think, a unit of 8 Gors and 12 Ungors with Full Command will probably make for a very nice addition to this army.

Now, let's use the remaining points (should be arround 60-80) to get a sixth knight in your other Knight units, that's a few points taken away.

If you still have some points to burn, spend it on additional beasts in the Beastherd, these herds are very, very likable once you start using them

jackveneno
17-05-2007, 13:42
neknoh thanks for the advise, i was told that a beast herd was a god idea for this army i guess ill have to get one to add more bodies on the table.

what i was going for with this list was a slightly themed, fast, hard hitting nurgle army thats why there is so much cavalry. and here in NYC with 3 GW stores and the warmongers club (being the most popular places to play) i see all kinds of list and armies thats the driving force behind this list.
but while i want it to be nice and themed and all, i still want to win every now and then. i will re=work the list and post it again later to see if it's better.

Morph
17-05-2007, 19:07
You've forgotten the Chaos Hounds. If you use them right they are one of the best units a Chaos force has, especially for their cheap cost.

jackveneno
19-05-2007, 02:26
revised the list, here is as i have it currently.

aspiring champ. shield berserker sword, mark o/ nurgle

sorcerer, level 2, power familiar

5 knights, full command

5 knights, full command

7 knights, full command, mark o/ nurgle

chariot

13 bestigor full command mark o/ nurgle

2 nurgling bases

this is what i am thinking about so far, open to opinions.
i have thought of eliminating the chariot and giving the aspiring a horse and with the left over point add some more knights or give a mark or two.

Morph
19-05-2007, 11:24
The trouble is still that most of your units are high move and want to get into combat ASAP, leaving your nurglings behind and to a lesser extent your beasts.

I think units of beast herds are going to better than bestigors.

And take some dogs! They only cost 30 points a unit.

Neknoh
21-05-2007, 22:11
actually, you can't even field a unit of Bestigors without a Beast Herd, grab beastherds instead!

Be Afraid
21-05-2007, 22:25
i would say drop the marauder cheiftans, the chariot, and the nurglings, instead upgrade asp. chap. to exalted, and give him a steed, then take lots and lots of warhounds

MarcoPollo
22-05-2007, 01:46
A giant might work really well here.

jackveneno
22-05-2007, 14:45
i definitely want to add hounds here, at least as bait, that was the main role of the nurgling bases that i have in the list, bait and fluff.
i am also looking into minotaurs w/ GW, those have a potential to be incredibly nasty. any opinions on those or is beast herd the best way to add bodies and wounds to this army? (and the bestigors are out)

Be Afraid
22-05-2007, 21:18
use warhounds to give extra bodies,

a) the are cheaper
b) they are faster
c) they are marginally fluffier ( well, if you traveled on hprses you wouldnt wait around for some mutants to catch you up )
d) they are cool

jackveneno
24-05-2007, 20:12
here is the new list that i want to be criticized.

exalted champ, enchahted shield, rending sword, daemonic mount, mark o/ nurgle

aspiring champ, shield, berserker sword, mark o/ nurgle

sorcerer, level 2, power familiar

6 knights, full command, mark o/ nurgle

6 knights, full command

5 knights, full command

6 marauders, chieftain, flails

6 marauders, flails, chieftain

6 hounds

6 hounds

chariot (aspiring champ. rides here)

4 minotaurs, great weapons, light Armour, bloodkine, mark o/ nurgle

fast and hard hitting, just how i like it. what do you people think it wil do?

jackveneno
25-05-2007, 08:17
any ideas or advise before i start purchasing? any advise at all? would you like to face an army like this or not?
and bump

popisdead
01-06-2007, 22:00
You won't get cries of cheese as your army is easy to beat. You will get clobbered.

Paying 40 pts to cause fear isn't worth it.

with 4 units you're going to hit combat with 3 if you're lucky, you're not immune to panic.